St Midden not happy with Cup Final Allocation

Bootboy100

pettigrewsstylist

Fair comment. I was at Dens, and I called St Mirren all sorts of things at the time, but going on about them as a club now seems irrelevant.

Today, all that remains of St Mirren 1986 are the fans (and their descendants).

1. St Mirren FANS did not lie down to Celtic.

2. St Mirren FANS did not - as far as I know - celebrate the 0-5 defeat along with Celtic fans.

If any players did 'lie down' or celebrate, it certainly wasn't all of them - it wouldn't even have been a majority - and obviously it wasn't a club policy. Apart from those individuals like McGarvey, the only real complaint can be with the board/management of St Mirren who didn't hold an inquiry to clear their name or discipline/sack those found guilty. Maybe they were just too embarrassed. But again, those running the club in 1986 are long gone in any case.

It seems to me that giving St Mirren fans a hard time on Sunday for the events of 1986 (as some no doubt will) is misdirected. We should be bigger than that in any case - we've won 3 trophies since then (hopefully 4 by the end of the day).

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.?

? Edmund Burke

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question.

Am i likely to be able to buy a ticket on Friday? (my payday) Will we have sold out?

Quick question.

Am i likely to be able to buy a ticket on Friday? (my payday) Will we have sold out?

I was just in the ticket office to pick up tickets for the final and there were lots of tickets sitting on the counter. I think you will be fine for buying 1 on friday.

I was just in the ticket office to pick up tickets for the final and there were lots of tickets sitting on the counter. I think you will be fine for buying 1 on friday.

Thanks. My fault for not sorting it sooner.

Archived