St Midden not happy with Cup Final Allocation

Bootboy100

I have no problem with people calling them out for that. It's people that appear to wholly blame St. Mirren.

I don't think people really do that but you bash on.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with people calling them out for that. It's people that appear to wholly blame St. Mirren.

No-one's done that, though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I have never met one Hearts supporter in my 33 years who believes that.

I have never met one Hearts supporter in my 33 years who believes that.

No, but there are plenty with a pathological hatred for St Mirren when it was nowt to do with their fans and would have been irrelevant if we had done our own job.

Some of their players at that time acted disgracefully, but their part in our failure is massively over played.

kingantti1874

Have to agree. We were on a 31 match unbeaten run and only required a point which we should have been more than capable of achieving. The game at love street should never have mattered.

The fact is - Celtic won the title playing one game less than hearts... Should we have done better against dundee yes , were there mitigating circumstances - yes, illness, injuries and penalties not given made it a stretch too far for a very thin squad who had performed miracles...

But regardless of all of that we did to enough to win the title in 86, without blatant cheating yes we did... Forgive st mirren football club? never ever...

The fact is - Celtic won the title playing one game less than hearts... Should we have done better against dundee yes , were there mitigating circumstances - yes, illness, injuries and penalties not given made it a stretch too far for a very thin squad who had performed miracles...

But regardless of all of that we did to enough to win the title in 86, without blatant cheating yes we did... Forgive st mirren football club? never ever...

This.

Vile club with Timothy leanings.

Boak.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No, but there are plenty with a pathological hatred for St Mirren when it was nowt to do with their fans and would have been irrelevant if we had done our own job.

Some of their players at that time acted disgracefully, but their part in our failure is massively over played.

I despise St Mirren. Their players lay down to help another team win the league. The club should have sacked any of their players who celebrated getting stuffed by Celtic and should have investigated their behaviour that day. No sackings, inestigations, apologies or outcry from any of their board or fans just makes them equally as culpable in my book.

If that was Hearts who had done that for say Rangers or someone, I would have lost all affection with the club until someone at the club ordered an investigation and any of the players involved in the celebrations had been sacked.

If there was nothing funny going on that day then the club could easily have have cleared their name.

I utterly despise them, fans an' all.

I despise St Mirren. Their players lay down to help another team win the league. The club should have sacked any of their players who celebrated getting stuffed by Celtic and should have investigated their behaviour that day. No sackings, inestigations, apologies or outcry from any of their board or fans just makes them equally as culpable in my book.

If that was Hearts who had done that for say Rangers or someone, I would have lost all affection with the club until someone at the club ordered an investigation and any of the players involved in the celebrations had been sacked.

If there was nothing funny going on that day then the club could easily have have cleared their name.

I utterly despise them, fans an' all.

If it was Hearts, which it wouldn't have been, ww would have made excuses and blamed the other team for bottling it.

I doubt many St Mirren fans were proud of their club that night, but they didnt cost us the league, we did.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If it was Hearts, which it wouldn't have been, ww would have made excuses and blamed the other team for bottling it.

I doubt many St Mirren fans were proud of their club that night, but they didnt cost us the league, we did.

That would have been it for me. If I'd watched any of our players celebrate a gubbing with the other team at Tynecastle and the club did nothing about it, I'd be out.

As for the bit about us losing to Dundee, that is never in question, no-one ever tries to claim otherwise and it is annoying as **** when people completely miss the point and bring it up every time this is discussed. It is a separate issue and every Hearts supporter I have ever met accepts that...

It does not excuse the fact that St Mirren players cheated that day and that the club did nothing about it, that is the gripe, not what happened at Dens. The Love Street debacle should have been investigated and any St Mirren players who celebrated getting stuffed at home should have been sacked on the spot.

kingantti1874

It's a farce, they should have allocate to 1 team or another - fact is its far too late now to sell another 3500 tickets for either club

kingantti1874

'timothy leanings'

what a bigoted wee boy you are

I don't think hating Celtic football club automatically means your a bigot..

shaun.lawson

I don't think hating Celtic football club automatically means your a bigot..

Except that it wasn't hating Celtic which dc objected to.

Oh, piss off Shaun.

I've already had it out with DC on pm & he apologised.

Tim is not a term that is viewed negatively by Celtic fans & in fact they use it themselves.

I gave him a link. There's tons.

But you bash on you pedantic, prissy ****ing clown.

kingantti1874

Yes it was the term craigie used I get it. I just depute the intent of the term... Anyway genuinely - I don't wasn't to get into a debate about that... Cannot be arsed

shaun.lawson

Oh, piss off Shaun.

Tim is not a term that is viewed negatively by Celtic fans & in fact they use it themselves.

:lol:

Calm down FFS. I didn't even comment on whether I agreed with his view at all!

For the record, I think some do take offence at the term 'Tim' - but way, way fewer than once was the case. As you say, Celtic use it about themselves.

Oh, piss off Shaun.

:yas:

:lol:

Yes it was the term craigie used I get it. I just depute the intent of the term... Anyway genuinely - I don't wasn't to get into a debate about that... Cannot be arsed

Well, why even comment then?

Oh, piss off Shaun.

GET IN THERE CRAIGYBOY

kingantti1874

Well, why even comment then?

Lol, last time I stick up for you ... Just couldn't be arsed getting into a debate with our resident linguist over the issue - jeez

Lol, last time I stick up for you ... Just couldn't be arsed getting into a debate with our resident linguist over the issue - jeez

Sorry mate. Meant to quote Mrs Marples post. Not yours.

We_are_the_Hearts

Blacks use the term Niger amongst themselves but I think you will find that doesn't give you the use of the word freely. Calling someone a tim is bigoted, end of. Just another example of modern day PC madness

Chris Benoit

Blacks use the term Niger amongst themselves but I think you will find that doesn't give you the use of the word freely. Calling someone a tim is bigoted, end of. Just another example of modern day PC madness

:wtfvlad:

Utter shyte.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Oh, piss off Shaun.

can't recall reading a better post on here.

tumblr_lmk67yFtva1qba256.gif

FarmerTweedy

I reckon if they wanted half the Stadium they should have got it, after all we always complain when the old firm get more allocation than us.

Every team no matter who they are should have the choice to take up a half share if they want it, even if they pay for the empty seats because the big crowd is always an advantage

I agree that both teams in any final should be given the opportunity to have half of the stadium if they want it and can sell that many tickets, but I disagree that they should be allowed to pay for tickets they can't sell and keep them as empty seats. If the other club is able to sell those extra tickets to their fans, they should be able to do so. Denying some fans the opportunity to attend a cup final just so a smaller club can have a huge expanse of empty seats would, IMO, be ridiculous. Remember, for the vast majority of clubs, cup final appearances are a pretty rare beast, and as many fans as possible should be given the opportunity to enjoy them.

Oh, piss off Shaun.

Any objection to me putting that on a t-shirt ?

He's been on my "ignore" list for years .

slashishere

Any objection to me putting that on a t-shirt ?

He's been on my "ignore" list for years .

evidently not!

queensferryjambo

Who the **** is Mirren and what's he done to deserve to be a Saint?

Patron Saint of shit football..........

Tim is not an offensive term for catholic, Irish or anything else that could be construed as racist/sectarian.

It comes from the Tim Malloys. A gang of celtic fans from Glasgow, much like the Billy Boys were rangers fans.

That's why I don't mind the use of the word Tim to describe celtic fans and ******* hate Hearts fans calling themselves billy boys.

St. Mirren are dirt though. Utter filth and I hope we ******* ream them on Sunday.

Stewart MacD

Whether "Tim/othy is meant offensively isn't the point. If StM had lain down to the Orcs,would the poster have used "orange leanings?" No need to bring up the subject at all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Whether "Tim/othy is meant offensively isn't the point. If StM had lain down to the Orcs,would the poster have used "orange leanings?" No need to bring up the subject at all.

If St Mirren had lain down to the Orcs, I would hate them every inch as much and would use all the same offensive words that I use to describe those vermin.

Trying to pretend its only Catholic-hating bigots that despise St Mirren is just not true.

yabadabadoo1874again

Exactly how on earth can we blame Saints fans is beyond me. Decent bunch in my experience and very much anti Old Firm...

:facepalm:

It gets worse.

Exactly how on earth can we blame Saints fans is beyond me. Decent bunch in my experience and very much anti Old Firm...

Mostly because they just accepted their team throwing a game, which cost us the league.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Mostly because they just accepted their team throwing a game, which cost us the league.

Showed a lot of Old Firm hatred on that day right enough, eh?

:unsure:

I, at considerable personal pain, had a read through the relevant chapter of Mcgarvey's book. He admits to no trying his best against Celtic at his first return to Celtic, which is certainly unprofessional. Although Rudi didnt exactly endear himself to Dundee Utd fans eith his effort levels back in December He completely denies no trying in subsequent games and denies being in the Celtic dressing room post match.

Now he might easily be lying. But given there's no actual evidence, and there's no video footage of his supposed celebrations with the celtic fans, maybe he's no. I have my doubts about his role in the game myself, but that's all anyone can have, suspicions.

Their fans would defend their club against accusations of lying down as would we.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I, at considerable personal pain, had a read through the relevant chapter of Mcgarvey's book. He admits to no trying his best against Celtic at his first return to Celtic, which is certainly unprofessional. Although Rudi didnt exactly endear himself to Dundee Utd fans eith his effort levels back in December He completely denies no trying in subsequent games and denies being in the Celtic dressing room post match.

Now he might easily be lying. But given there's no actual evidence, and there's no video footage of his supposed celebrations with the celtic fans, maybe he's no. I have my doubts about his role in the game myself, but that's all anyone can have, suspicions.

Their fans would defend their club against accusations of lying down as would we.

If he never tried his hardest against Celtic in one game, why would he try his hardest in a game that could cost them the league, if he tried his hardest?

The bit in red is where I would look for the explanation to that one.

If he never tried his hardest against Celtic in one game, why would he try his hardest in a game that could cost them the league, if he tried his hardest?

The bit in red is where I would look for the explanation to that one.

I'm no saying he did. In fact I don't have any doubt he didn't, but that is not evidence. He supposedly celebrated with the Celtic fans post match, but the game was televised and there's no footage of it (unlike Ivan Sproule say when Rangers won ther league at ER) and no one other than the folk who were in the dressing rooms can dispute his claim not to have been celebrating in there.

I remember plenty well the rawness of Dens Park. And it is understadable that we were angry and looking for a focus for the anger. Since most folk didn't want to be angry at the club, St Mirren became the recipients of that. I've always thought it was OTT.

Hackney Hearts

it is understadable that we were angry and looking for a focus for the anger. Since most folk didn't want to be angry at the club, St Mirren became the recipients of that. I've always thought it was OTT.

Fair comment. I was at Dens, and I called St Mirren all sorts of things at the time, but going on about them as a club now seems irrelevant.

Today, all that remains of St Mirren 1986 are the fans (and their descendants).

1. St Mirren FANS did not lie down to Celtic.

2. St Mirren FANS did not - as far as I know - celebrate the 0-5 defeat along with Celtic fans.

If any players did 'lie down' or celebrate, it certainly wasn't all of them - it wouldn't even have been a majority - and obviously it wasn't a club policy. Apart from those individuals like McGarvey, the only real complaint can be with the board/management of St Mirren who didn't hold an inquiry to clear their name or discipline/sack those found guilty. Maybe they were just too embarrassed. But again, those running the club in 1986 are long gone in any case.

It seems to me that giving St Mirren fans a hard time on Sunday for the events of 1986 (as some no doubt will) is misdirected. We should be bigger than that in any case - we've won 3 trophies since then (hopefully 4 by the end of the day).

Fair comment. I was at Dens, and I called St Mirren all sorts of things at the time, but going on about them as a club now seems irrelevant.

Today, all that remains of St Mirren 1986 are the fans (and their descendants).

1. St Mirren FANS did not lie down to Celtic.

2. St Mirren FANS did not - as far as I know - celebrate the 0-5 defeat along with Celtic fans.

If any players did 'lie down' or celebrate, it certainly wasn't all of them - it wouldn't even have been a majority - and obviously it wasn't a club policy. Apart from those individuals like McGarvey, the only real complaint can be with the board/management of St Mirren who didn't hold an inquiry to clear their name or discipline/sack those found guilty. Maybe they were just too embarrassed. But again, those running the club in 1986 are long gone in any case.

It seems to me that giving St Mirren fans a hard time on Sunday for the events of 1986 (as some no doubt will) is misdirected. We should be bigger than that in any case - we've won 3 trophies since then (hopefully 4 by the end of the day).

Nope sorry. For reconciliation to be possible, justice must first be done. Hopefully it will on Sunday, then it will be laid to rest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Archived