St Midden not happy with Cup Final Allocation

Bootboy100

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chaka Demus & pliers

So around 3 times as many St Mirren fans than their average attendance have been able to buy the cheaper tickets.

Around twice as many Hearts fans than our average have been able to buy the cheaper tickets.

They have another 2,000 tickets available to them if needed.

What the **** are they complaining about?

ToadKiller Dog

I sort of see the gripe about the extra tickets offered to them in the south at ?30 that's a bit unfair to say you can have any more ?20 seats but we can offer you some at ?30 .

I sort of see the gripe about the extra tickets offered to them in the south at ?30 that's a bit unfair to say you can have any more ?20 seats but we can offer you some at ?30 .

Na. Keeps away poor people and kids. Should've made them all ?60

jambopaul2007

Granted I never seen the Hampden part.

Rangers got a few thousand more tickets than us and the supporters association etc where raging at it as they had much more season ticket holders than us leading to "diddy" comments etc.

we had more tickets at park head.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It'd still be hilarious if Hearts don't manage to sell the remainder... Probably more funny actually. :D

Midloth_Iain

Get it right fecking up you ya soap-dodging, lie-down pricks

:jjyay:

Very much this :cool4:

Don't remember a lot of grumbling from Gilmour when the initial allocations were announced.

He's been caught out by the uptake of tickets in Paisley and is now trying to curry favour with the fans!

It won't work....they don't like him and if he had any balls he would have asked for a 50/50 split.

if they have fans with doe who can afford these tickets then why not use it to buy a bar of soap ya lie-down manky middens

I see where they're coming from. They've had ?20 tickets with ?10 concessions taken off of them and replaced with ?30 tickets and no concessions. So if folk want to take kids now and don't already have tickets they have to pay ?30 for a kid. Bit steep.

However there's no way they would have sold another 3500, for that matter neither will we unless we get a really good result tomorrow.

I wonder if we will shift the remaining 3500.

Imagine the seethe from st mirren if we don't :lol:

Part of me actually hopes they remain unsold just to piss them off. Take that ya cheating tramps.

:)

So I was right then. Gilmour is obviously privately pleased that the tickets will be sold to Hearts fans, thereby increasing the match revenue for his own club, so he's giving something back to his club's fans who are being asked to pay more. He can't say this openly of course and is dressing it up as a benevolent act on his part. Playing the victim and playing the upstanding chairman.

A predictable and opportunistic act from a slimy snake of a man.

Jam Tarts 1874

The idea that wee teams should be allowed to bring their whole town to cup finals is shite anyway. Their average attendance is shocking.

The idea that wee teams should be allowed to bring their whole town to cup finals is shite anyway. Their average attendance is shocking.

Rubbish ^^^^^^

Wonder if this guy got a ticket for the Saints end

I hope he has a ticket in hospitality near me so we can reacquaint ourselves. :ninja:

Harry Palmer

I hope he has a ticket in hospitality near me so we can reacquaint ourselves. :ninja:

Dusting off the story in readiness for the multitude of threads in the latter part of the week...? :jj:

Dusting off the story in readiness for the multitude of threads in the latter part of the week...? :jj:

:lol:

The Natural Order

Has anyone read the statement line by line? Starts off having "completed" the ticket sale, then changes to "a few hundred around the West Stand" then becomes "we have no tickets to sell at the game today". Which is it, do they have tickets or not?

Mind you I do feel sorry for the saints fans having to pay ?30 for a ticket, that ?10 extra could get them on to the bus to Parkhead for their next home game. At least they don't have any more champions league games to pay for this season.

It could have been so easy.. all they had to do was to let kids tickets be sold in the area in question and charge them ?10.... OK the adults are paying more but all the talk is about the kids so why not charge them ?10 instead.

Next time we play one of the uglies in a cup final you might disagree

**** them.

Half the folk in the St Mirren end won't even be St Mirren fans anyway.

Gorgie_Rules

Theyve had weeks to buy their tickets. If you didnt get in there early enough you pay more (like you do for most events with demand that require tickets)

**** them

Fermit the Krog

Aye. **** thum.

Shitey mingin excuse for a club.

By **** we better beat them.

:loveit:

Rudi Skacel slammed in a hat-trick at Tynecastle as Hearts beat St Mirren to keep the Paisley side rooted to the bottom of the Scottish Premier League.

let's see your response to that ya whalloper!

Imagine supporting a team like st mirren, no fans, no trophies no relevance to anything, let them have there league win to gloat about, whens the dvd out bud?

Let's just take a moment to imagine what it must be like coming from Paisley...******* PAISLEY :rofl: :rofl:

When you come from a shitehole of such epic proportions, it's not really surprising that the most entertaining thing you can find to do on a Saturday afternoon is to sign up to a superior football team's message board and post a few shite trolls.

Deans Jambo

It could have been so easy.. all they had to do was to let kids tickets be sold in the area in question and charge them ?10.... OK the adults are paying more but all the talk is about the kids so why not charge them ?10 instead.

Solves the problem and it's so easy to do, tear off the perforated part at the end of the ticket and hey presto it's a kids ticket!

Who the **** is Mirren and what's he done to deserve to be a Saint?

Who the **** is Mirren and what's he done to deserve to be a Saint?

Saint Mirin or Mirren, an Irishmonk and missionary (born circa 565; died circa 620), is also known as Mirren of Benchor (now called Bangor),Merinus, Merryn and Meadhr?n. The patron saint of the town and Roman Catholic diocese of Paisley, Scotland, he was the founder of a religious community which grew to become Paisley Abbey.

Make of that what you will, seethe fest to follow

Afternoon ladies. The issue of ticket allocation is nothing to do with anything Hearts have done. The issue is with the way the SFL dealt with the situation. We had sold 99% of our 1st and 2nd allocation and were expecting a 3rd allocation for the West stand. Instead, the SFL, in their infinite wisdom, decided to give that allocation to Hearts and then gave us an allocation for the South Stand Upper, which cost ?30 with no concessions for children. So anyone going to our game against Dundee Utd today, expecting to buy their cup final tickets, will find themselves paying a lot more than they expected to pay. it will now be ?60 for a father and son, as opposed to the original ?30. I don't think anyone would be happy if that happened to their club.

Afternoon ladies. The issue of ticket allocation is nothing to do with anything Hearts have done. The issue is with the way the SFL dealt with the situation. We had sold 99% of our 1st and 2nd allocation and were expecting a 3rd allocation for the West stand. Instead, the SFL, in their infinite wisdom, decided to give that allocation to Hearts and then gave us an allocation for the South Stand Upper, which cost ?30 with no concessions for children. So anyone going to our game against Dundee Utd today, expecting to buy their cup final tickets, will find themselves paying a lot more than they expected to pay. it will now be ?60 for a father and son, as opposed to the original ?30. I don't think anyone would be happy if that happened to their club.

We do realise that and if you read the posts we think kids should only have been charged ?10 for those extra tickets..............................BUT YOUR CHAIRMAN SEEMS TO WANT TO DRAG US INTO IT AND BLAME OUR CLUB FOR THE ISSUE.....that is where we part ways.

Tell him to take his moan elsewhere instead of trying to implicate us in the decision made by the SFL.

Simplest solution from the outset was to give St Mirren 50% and tell them to pay for them - regardless.

Saints have sold 14,000 tickets - well done. Do you honestly think there's another 3.5k demand out there , regardless of price ?

ST holders could by 6 tickets each FFS. i'd have thought there's not much demand left. And I notice the club don't actually say to what extent (if any) they have a pissed off support who have been asking for tickets but not getting them. All they have done is complain that the latest batch of tickets is ?30 a head. What a shame. ?30 for a cup final.

Forza Cuore

St Mirren WILL NOT sell another 3500 tickets...no matter what. There is a very good chance that Hearts will sell them.

Simplest solution? .... As St Mirren will be making extra revenue from Hearts selling more tickets, how about Mr Gilmour makes a genuine benevolent offer and underwrites the extra money required for their fans in the section they have been allocated?

The Comedian

This seems to boil down to the fact the average St Mirren fan cannot afford a ?30 football ticket.

Hard lines.

:smuggy:

You should have made a better fist at life, scaffs.

Carl Fredrickson

1432:

Scottish Football League chief executive David Longmuir told BBC Scotland's Chick Young that the area in question could not be segregated 50/50, and, as Hearts were selling tickets at a rate of 900 per day, opposed to St Mirren's 150 per day, the section was allocated to Hearts.

mahgrassyshoes

On my phone, could someone post the video of the Scottish cup quarter final replay for our pal Mr Carey?

Carl Fredrickson

On my phone, could someone post the video of the Scottish cup quarter final replay for our pal Mr Carey?

Please do, I particularly like the part where the ref blows his whistle to give the scum a penalty just as they were about to score. :10900:

What happened next? :10900: :10900: :10900:

mahgrassyshoes

Please do, I particularly like the part where the ref blows his whistle to give the scum a penalty just as they were about to score. :10900:

Think they missed, cannae mind who took it though...

mahgrassyshoes

Think they missed, cannae mind who took it though...

I take your point mate.

Why does it have to be all or nothing as regards these West stand tickets ?

Surely they could have split the sections to give both clubs half each.

Hearts fans would then have bought up the remaining South Stand tickets anyway.

Shanks said no

Simple solution Sainties, you should have got off your backsides or picked up a phone or gone on line before today and bought your tickets.

No point in whinning now, its your fault for being lazy and leaving it to the last moment

Typical Paisley spongers, blame everyone else

Archived