St Midden not happy with Cup Final Allocation

Bootboy100

Fermit the Krog

See next time we play one of the old firm in the semi or final and people moan they get more let's bookmark the "diddy" comments.

Point me in the direction of an INITIAL Hearts allocation at Hampden versus the OF being less than 50/50.

Thanks.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We only won 5-1

Never took our support as an arrogant bunch before that's all.

I know what you're saying, but in this instance it's St Mirren and they're filth to many.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:rofl:

More likely he would stick the lot on a three legged greyhound. :thumbsup:

I love you Floyd... I'm not even ashamed to admit it... Like really love you man. :wub:

...a bit disco

Cheap wine and hookers.

5017904792a10846580187ml.jpg

The McGarvey way.

franl_1660879f.jpg

I love you Floyd... I'm not even ashamed to admit it... Like really love you man. :wub:

Thanks man! :D

skinnybob72

What are they unhappy about exactly ?

Living in a cesspit full of jaikey tramps is my guess.

...a bit disco

Thanks man! :D

Don't believe a word of it.

When he gets bored he'll leave you like a 2 day old Krispy Kreme

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Don't believe a word of it.

When he gets bored he'll leave you like a 2 day old Krispy Kreme

You cut me deep my friend... Some wounds don't show on the exterior. :(

If fans bothered to check the allocations and announcements properly at the time of said it would be so much easier.

Even on this board after the final in 2012 and seeing how tickets were sold we have still seen some moan about how they have been sold.... different methods of sale for diff areas of the grouind so you cannot sell a ticket on line that could also be sold at the club shop or over the telephone . Common sense to me but because some could not purchase in the area they wished by the method they wished all sorts of complaints are raised.

If they could not get the area they wanted on line then a trip to the shop or a phone call could have solved it.

Now have the Scottish League been of much help... no.. left ticket arrangements too late and should have been able to purchase at least a week earlier.

As for St Mirren.. they knew the deal and the Scottish League did not want large gaps in the ground if there was a chance they could have been filled... segregation needs to be taken into account of to under police agreement.

Now they could take the gamble that with 13,500 sold St Mirren could have sold the remaining 500 with another 3.500 on top.... but it seems unlikely they would shift that amount... not selling tickets has an impact on both clubs finances.

Seems though that they have gone for plan B.. sell the south upper .. more expensive seating but lets be honest the prices are low for a final but there is the impact on children and the fact that anyone in the south would be paying full price.. but just how many will they sell in this expanded area to children ?.. seems they are going to implement what is shown below to compensate

'The club has said that anyone buying the more expensive seats will effectively be compensated... kids in free to ra Sellik game and adults for a tenner.' Great plan below though if it comes to pass

2s6trw5.gif

Point me in the direction of an INITIAL Hearts allocation at Hampden versus the OF being less than 50/50.

Thanks.

Scottish cup final 1998. Cheers. Doubt you are at an age to remember that though.

Arrogance does nothing for anyone. All this diddy team shite snacks of arrogance.

I know what you're saying, but in this instance it's St Mirren and they're filth to many.

They are indeed. It's the "diddy" attitude were usually above.

...a bit disco

You cut me deep my friend... Some wounds don't show on the exterior. :(

Just looking out for societys vulnerable ones Mothy.

I was one of them once.

As you well know.

:sob:

Scottish cup final 1998. Cheers. Doubt you are at an age to remember that though.

Arrogance does nothing for anyone. All this diddy team shite snacks of arrogance.

'98 was at parkheed...

Fermit the Krog

Oh i was there mucker.

Closer than i'd ever let known on here.

Split at Parkhead was minimal in their favour, not at hampden and not comparable.

Next

Serj Tankian

or pay his wife for a quickie

Heard their entire allocation was stolen by Frank McGarvey who intended selling the lot for 12 bottles of Thunderbird.

McGarveys wife took the full allocation 1 per person ......if u know what I mean :curtain:

Methinks TB may have been on the Bailies this evening...

:whistling:

. No, work in morning. I read the statement and confused.

Did we not end up having slightly more than Rangers? Sure we had a few hundred more.

Not sure what we had initially.

Chairmans comments below......... at least comes on to fans message board and makes it clear how he feels.. even admits a couple of red wines might have been involved. Pure ragin' likes !!!! (but what has this to do with us as he seems to be trying to shift the blame)

'Firstly, it is not our game , yes we have made all the arguments re tickets that are on this site, however it is the SFL's game and they have made a horrific decision today without any further consultation.

Yes, we are raging about this, it is a disgrace, I was on the Hearts website tonight and I can buy tickets from their original allocation, we have sold out, yet they have been given the last 3500 West Stand tickets that were earmarked for us!

I believe what has been offered is a further 1200 debenture tickets in the Upper South Stand, however as people have said on here they will be at ?30 with no child's ticket. We as a club will give all children who buy tickets for this a free ticket to the Celtic game later this month, adults who buy these tickets will be entitled to a ticket for that game for ?10, this gives our fans their money back.

A full statement re the full events of the ticket allocation and our case on this will be announced on the official site in the morning, will be interesting reading.

A very unhappy camper!'

Have to agree with Jezza on this. '96 final although the ground appeared to split down the middle the old main stand (what was open) was predominantly given to rangers.

Given the absence of rantic I hope the final is sold out and I'm not particulalry bothered about the split of supporters

If scottish football is to survive supporters will need to band together and chase the imposters out of Hampden.

(And yes I'm old enough to remember Dens '86, it was my first year studying in Dundee but I've got over it !!)

...a bit disco

There was me thinking the pie and beans at St Midden weren't half bad as well!

You live and learn.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just looking out for societys vulnerable ones Mothy.

I was one of them once.

As you well know.

:sob:

Not while I have space under my bingo-wings, Mr Disco... You're always safe. :lol:

...a bit disco

Not while I have space under my bingo-wings, Mr Disco... You're always safe. :lol:

Least I'll be safe crossing the Bridge of Dooooooooom then.

Phew.

Chairmans comments below......... at least comes on to fans message board and makes it clear how he feels.. even admits a couple of red wines might have been involved. Pure ragin' likes !!!! (but what has this to do with us as he seems to be trying to shift the blame)

'Firstly, it is not our game , yes we have made all the arguments re tickets that are on this site, however it is the SFL's game and they have made a horrific decision today without any further consultation.

Yes, we are raging about this, it is a disgrace, I was on the Hearts website tonight and I can buy tickets from their original allocation, we have sold out, yet they have been given the last 3500 West Stand tickets that were earmarked for us!

I believe what has been offered is a further 1200 debenture tickets in the Upper South Stand, however as people have said on here they will be at ?30 with no child's ticket. We as a club will give all children who buy tickets for this a free ticket to the Celtic game later this month, adults who buy these tickets will be entitled to a ticket for that game for ?10, this gives our fans their money back.

A full statement re the full events of the ticket allocation and our case on this will be announced on the official site in the morning, will be interesting reading.

A very unhappy camper!'

The guy is an eejit. They have been selling those tickets for weeks ahead of us and still only 14000 (9000 "weans" no doubt) so for him to argue that we have not sold out yet is actually no argument at all.

This just goes to show what a small club they are, and how much in awe of the Famous they are.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Doctor FinnBarr

If fans bothered to check the allocations and announcements properly at the time of said it would be so much easier.

Even on this board after the final in 2012 and seeing how tickets were sold we have still seen some moan about how they have been sold.... different methods of sale for diff areas of the grouind so you cannot sell a ticket on line that could also be sold at the club shop or over the telephone . Common sense to me but because some could not purchase in the area they wished by the method they wished all sorts of complaints are raised.

If they could not get the area they wanted on line then a trip to the shop or a phone call could have solved it.

Now have the Scottish League been of much help... no.. left ticket arrangements too late and should have been able to purchase at least a week earlier.

As for St Mirren.. they knew the deal and the Scottish League did not want large gaps in the ground if there was a chance they could have been filled... segregation needs to be taken into account of to under police agreement.

Now they could take the gamble that with 13,500 sold St Mirren could have sold the remaining 500 with another 3.500 on top.... but it seems unlikely they would shift that amount... not selling tickets has an impact on both clubs finances.

Seems though that they have gone for plan B.. sell the south upper .. more expensive seating but lets be honest the prices are low for a final but there is the impact on children and the fact that anyone in the south would be paying full price.. but just how many will they sell in this expanded area to children ?.. seems they are going to implement what is shown below to compensate

'The club has said that anyone buying the more expensive seats will effectively be compensated... kids in free to ra Sellik game and adults for a tenner.' Great plan below though if it comes to pass

2s6trw5.gif

Still a bit confused here, for a game at Tynie we can buy tickets (lets say in G) online, via telesales or from the ticket office.

Don't understand why there's a difference when it comes to a semi or final considering its the same company that punts our home tickets

:11200:

Snake Plissken

St Mirren are an irrelevance. A pointless little diddy team who can't even shift 20k tickets for a cup final and a rare chance to win their first trophy since the late 1980's. We're going to do them like they do on the Discovery channel.

St Mirren are an irrelevance. A pointless little diddy team who can't even shift 20k tickets for a cup final and a rare chance to win their first trophy since the late 1980's. We're going to do them like they do on the Discovery channel.

Nice one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

THEIR official site.

THEIR allocation.

Please learn to spell, we're not from Glasgow.

REALLY?!?!?!

Is that all you can mention on a thread about ticket allocations is that fact that I used the wrong spelling of a word!!

You must be a riot on a night out you!!!

Pedantic ****!!

Deans Jambo

Still a bit confused here, for a game at Tynie we can buy tickets (lets say in G) online, via telesales or from the ticket office.

Don't understand why there's a difference when it comes to a semi or final considering its the same company that punts our home tickets

:11200:

I'm sure when you buy a ticket for a home game the ticket is printed off there and then whether bought online, by phone or in the office.

The cup final tickets were likely pre printed when received by Hearts.

Anyway tin hat on....could St Mirren not be given at least one more section of the West stand? Segregation can easily be moved by section.

Clerry Jambo

The Scottish Football League last night sensationally withdrew the remaining 3,500 family tickets which had been previously allocated to St.Mirren, sparking a furious response from irate Saints fans and an angry St.Mirren chairman.

An original ticketing agreement between both clubs and SFL beaks was that Saints would receive a total of 17,500 tickets for the cup final, with Hearts receiving 25,500, reflecting their larger support.

Of the buddies allocation roughly 14,000 tickets were for the "family" West Stand priced at ?20/?10 whilst the remainder of tickets priced ?25 with no concessions were for the BT South Stand.

Saints were initially given 11,500 of their briefs up front, and were advised that the further 6,000 would be forthcoming once these were sold.

With that batch sold out fairly quickly the SFL then released a further 2,500 briefs to the buddies ticket office, on the proviso, as we documented earlier in the week, that if the buddies couldn't shift those tickets then the remaining block of 3,500 in the West Stand would be re-allocated to Hearts.

That news in midweek prompted a late rush with the Black & White army keen to ensure that the West Stand stayed a buddies only area.

Saints completed the sale of all 14,000 tickets in our possession by late Friday afternoon, save 100 single seats dotted around the West Stand but were left stunned last night to hear that the SFL had already decided to award the remaining tickets to Hearts, who have yet to even sell out their original allocation !

Compounding the incompetence, the SFL admin team are set to replace the lost ?20/?10 tickets by offering Saints 1,200 Hampden Debenture seats in the South Stand, all priced at ?30 with no concessions available.

The end result being that today, with a home game against Dundee Utd in Paisley, St.Mirren currently have NO tickets to sell for the cup final and we face the prospect of having NO MORE childrens tickets available in the last week run up to the final, whilst our adult fans are expected to pay 50% more than their Hearts counterparts to see the match.

A Saints supporting family of 2 adults and 2 kids who want to buy tickets this week attend the final will have to fork out ?120 for the priviledge, whilst a Hearts Supporting family of the same size will pay ?60.

090313_gilmour.jpg

Chairman Stewart Gilmour last night apologised to angry fans on our forum, whilst airing his and the boards frustration at events;

Some of the abuse towards directors and staff of the club is scandalous and extremely annoying from people doing their best for the club and supporters.

Firstly, it is not our game , yes we have made all the arguments re tickets that are on this site, however it is the SFL's game and they have made a horrific decision today without any further consultation.

A very unhappy camper

We will post the clubs official statement here as soon as it is available.

The People's Chimp

2s6trw5.gif

Tl;dr

Dr Ian Malcolm

Saints completed the sale of all 14,000 tickets in our possession by late Friday afternoon, save 100 single seats dotted around the West Stand but were left stunned last night to hear that the SFL had already decided to award the remaining tickets to Hearts, who have yet to even sell out their original allocation !

Stewart Gilmour

:cornette:

This is a shan thread full of daft prejudices.

Bring back the 'have we sold 19,000 yet' thread please

Despite what's on here, there will be quite a friendly atmosphere on LC final day IMHO, with supporters mixing happily around Mt Florida and in the city centre

Oh i was there mucker.

Closer than i'd ever let known on here.

Split at Parkhead was minimal in their favour, not at hampden and not comparable.

Next

Granted I never seen the Hampden part.

Rangers got a few thousand more tickets than us and the supporters association etc where raging at it as they had much more season ticket holders than us leading to "diddy" comments etc.

Archived