The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

He's not a very happy person.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Having a go at someone for not being entirely positive and carefree... on a thread entirely dedicated to "seethe"-worthy incidents :rofl: ? You realise the entire purpose of this thread is to discuss things that piss you off? This is like the time you complained because I was criticising drink-driving cheater Wayne Rooney :rofl: . An absolutely pitiful being, you are :lol: .

Edited by peter_hmfc

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bridge of Djoum

Having a go at someone for not being entirely positive and carefree... on a thread entirely dedicated to "seethe"-worthy incidents :rofl: ? You realise the entire purpose of this thread is to discuss things that piss you off? This is like the time you complained because I was criticising drink-driving cheater Wayne Rooney :rofl: . An absolutely pitiful being :lol: .

Uh, you forgot your obligatory, ubiquitous Cornette!

I for one am seething.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a go at someone for not being entirely positive and carefree... on a thread entirely dedicated to "seethe"-worthy incidents :rofl: ? You realise the entire purpose of this thread is to discuss things that piss you off? This is like the time you complained because I was criticising drink-driving cheater Wayne Rooney :rofl: . An absolutely pitiful being, you are :lol: .

:cornette:

:wink:

You're not a very happy person though

I don't get many spiders but in their place I get loads of slaters wandering about the place at 1mph. Nowhere near as bad as spiders but they annoy me more than they should.

Glad this isn't just me. My living room is like a graveyard for the wee ****ers.

Most mobile phones are bigger than that telly.

I know :lol:

But it was a quick fix as we don't need a massive tv in bedroom as it's either for when the kids want to watch something, I want to watch football or we are wanting to watch Something before bed really

Was also because we never had a DVD player in the house (wee one broke the disc drive on my PS3)

Have a pretty decent tv in the main room but this was meant to be a back up

The new freesport channel isn't even hd so I don't know why that's not being found (although there was something on the twitter account saying 12th September so shall see(

The whole thing is a sham, anyway. In my younger days I gave an honest reference for an Aussie teacher who had been working at my school. Apparently, people don't want honest references. Have since discovered that people have been sued for providing references that contain any 'could do better' points.

The way it works now is if you can give a positive reference go ahead and do it, otherwise just decline to give one. Negative references aren't allowed anymore. 

The whole thing is a sham, anyway. In my younger days I gave an honest reference for an Aussie teacher who had been working at my school. Apparently, people don't want honest references. Have since discovered that people have been sued for providing references that contain any 'could do better' points.

You can't be sued for stating facts.

"Peter continued to troll the security staff instead of taking care of his own job"

"John was absent for 79 days in the calendar year"

"Ironjambo often slept as soon as he booked on"

"Peter continued to troll the security staff instead of taking care of his own job"

:lol:

:rofl:

:laugh: well I suppose that depends on the job doesn't it?

I suppose I'd understand if Peter felt he had to do something, so he went and called the guy a lazy *****, told him he was costing the company money and putting their jobs under threat. That way, the guy can tell him to mind his own business, then probably also pull his socks up a bit, and who knows, maybe even manhugs, forgiveness and a couple of pints.

Cliping to the Man though, no. Not for me. I've never taken another man's name into the office, couldn't do it.

But then I'm the son of a shop steward :)

I've never voted Tory and I accept that the world might overall be better for the existence of trade unions, but certain attitudes associated with them have become a seethe of mine in their own right.

This isn't a personal attack, because it seems to me that people who adopt these attitudes can also be in some way 'victims' of said attitudes. However, you have so far implied that the guard has a right to his job regardless of his performance, and that you would never endanger someone's livelihood even if you ended up suffering for it yourself.

Taking it up directly with the troublemaker seems a decent alternative, but if it doesn't work, what then? Quite often people who cause trouble of this kind are the types who don't give a flying one about being challenged.

Would you deal with this issue if you were the manager and noticed it yourself? Or would you refuse to become any kind of manager in the first place?

Would you still refuse to 'clype' if the man literally took a dump on the shop floor?

Would you refuse to report someone who committed a crime against you or your family, because it might endanger his/her job? I suspect I know you would draw the line there, but then what if you were asked to give a statement about something you had only been a witness to?

I still think of myself as left-wing, but I've been wondering if it's too pompous to start calling myself 'pro-reality' instead. It's fine to want a world where everyone can expect a decent wage, but Peter and Sainsbury's shouldn't be forced to pretend that the world works differently to how it does for the benefit of this one individual.

Spiders. The amount of mutated ******** ive had to deal with this week has been ridiculous.

Doesn't help that I've got two useless cats that would rather play with them instead of just eating the ******* things.

The wife told me she caught a big spider in the bathroom yesterday, and threw it out the window.  She's my hero!

Always had a phobia about them. My problem is I don't believe in killing them, which if I could would make my life a lot easier if I did.

The wife told me she caught a big spider in the bathroom yesterday, and threw it out the window. She's my hero!

Always had a phobia about them. My problem is I don't believe in killing them, which if I could would make my life a lot easier if I did.

I'm the same. Hate the things but can't bring myself to kill them either. Caught in a glass and put back into the garden is my standard strategy.

I've never voted Tory and I accept that the world might overall be better for the existence of trade unions, but certain attitudes associated with them have become a seethe of mine in their own right.

This isn't a personal attack, because it seems to me that people who adopt these attitudes can also be in some way 'victims' of said attitudes. However, you have so far implied that the guard has a right to his job regardless of his performance, and that you would never endanger someone's livelihood even if you ended up suffering for it yourself.

Taking it up directly with the troublemaker seems a decent alternative, but if it doesn't work, what then? Quite often people who cause trouble of this kind are the types who don't give a flying one about being challenged.

Would you deal with this issue if you were the manager and noticed it yourself? Or would you refuse to become any kind of manager in the first place?

Would you still refuse to 'clype' if the man literally took a dump on the shop floor?

Would you refuse to report someone who committed a crime against you or your family, because it might endanger his/her job? I suspect I know you would draw the line there, but then what if you were asked to give a statement about something you had only been a witness to?

I still think of myself as left-wing, but I've been wondering if it's too pompous to start calling myself 'pro-reality' instead. It's fine to want a world where everyone can expect a decent wage, but Peter and Sainsbury's shouldn't be forced to pretend that the world works differently to how it does for the benefit of this one individual.

Nope, in my opinion if its something that doesn't affect you it's none of your business. The guy has the right to go about his job in the way he sees fit, and if his supervisor isn't happy he has to take responsibility for that.

If I was the manager then yes, I'd deal with it, but that would be my responsibility and not the result of me being a judgemental busybody.

There's a huge huge difference between something like not doing your job properly and something malicious like shitting on the floor but maybe I wouldn't grass that up either, I don't know.

The crime example you gave simply doesn't work as my whole stand is based on the premise that this doesn't affect you. Things change when it affects you, of course.

For the record, I've never said he's entitled to his job regardless of performance - I'm saying he's entitled to do his job however he likes, with his line managers being responsible for making sure he does it well. I'm saying that busybodies should mind their own business instead of getting bitter at things that don't affect them.

I'm the same. Hate the things but can't bring myself to kill them either. Caught in a glass and put back into the garden is my standard strategy.

They just come back in, plus I can't get close enough to them to put them in a glass anyway. Nope, if I spot one it's meeting its demise by a launched catalogue.

They just come back in, plus I can't get close enough to them to put them in a glass anyway. Nope, if I spot one it's meeting its demise by a launched catalogue.

I'm sort of scared of them but would never just flatten one either.

My dad used to pick them up by one leg and place them outside. I could never touch a spider. We try to get them to walk onto a piece of paper and then carry them outside.

Nah, if you have crap aim like me and miss then the bloody thing just does a runner and then I'm unable to find it which is just unacceptable.

Салатные палочки

This.  

A number of reasons I wouldn't try the glass thing:

1.  It doesn't fit in the glass and it starts going nuts and falls off the wall and scurries behind the bed.  

2.  On trying to get the card underneath, it runs out and goes under the telly cabinet.  

3.  When you get to the window, it runs out the glass and up your arm.  

4.  It just stays in the glass, refusing to budge, meaning you need to fling the spider and the glass out the window and collect the glass later.  

All things that a swift twatting with a shoe can sort.  

Nah, if you have crap aim like me and miss then the bloody thing just does a runner and then I'm unable to find it which is just unacceptable.

Aye they are bloody good at that running.  I found, if there is one on your wall, a couple of books laid on the floor either side of them stops them from running along the skirting as they tend to do and then their only option is running out onto the floor where you can stomp them.  

This.

A number of reasons I wouldn't try the glass thing:

1. It doesn't fit in the glass and it starts going nuts and falls off the wall and scurries behind the bed.

2. On trying to get the card underneath, it runs out and goes under the telly cabinet.

3. When you get to the window, it runs out the glass and up your arm.

4. It just stays in the glass, refusing to budge, meaning you need to fling the spider and the glass out the window and collect the glass later.

All things that a swift twatting with a shoe can sort.

Aye they are bloody good at that running. I found, if there is one on your wall, a couple of books laid on the floor either side of them stops them from running along the skirting as they tend to do and then their only option is running out onto the floor where you can stomp them.

Have to say that the glass option has never failed me, I've become something of an expert at it over the years.

The story about the lassie flinging a turd out the window - my seethe is aimed at those who refer to shite as 'poo'.

I have no idea why (maybe because it's so childish - says the guy who started a thread about mixy-up juice), but it just does my fecking head in.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The wife told me she caught a big spider in the bathroom yesterday, and threw it out the window. She's my hero!

They're indoor spiders, they'll be killed putting them outside.

luckyBatistuta

Have to say that the glass option has never failed me, I've become something of an expert at it over the years.

This for me too ian, 100% record :smugger:

This for me too ian, 100% record :smugger:

Maybe we should set up a college course on the subject :D

Two adults boasting about catching feckin spiders in a feckin glass :vrface:

Then considering setting up a college course on the very subject. :phface:

:whistling:

Edited by Morgan

luckyBatistuta

Two adults boasting about catching feckin spiders in a feckin glass:vrface:

Get your jealousy over to the seethe thread, there's a good lad :wink:

The 2 failsafe methods with spiders are get the cat to eat it if it's floor or bath based, suck it up with the extension in the hoover if it's high up a wall or on the ceiling.

Unless you're a Jessie who thinks some kind of evil zombie spider will crawl back out the hoover at a later date when you least expect it.

The 2 failsafe methods with spiders are get the cat to eat it if it's floor or bath based, suck it up with the extension in the hoover if it's high up a wall or on the ceiling.

Unless you're a Jessie who thinks some kind of evil zombie spider will crawl back out the hoover at a later date when you least expect it.

Not for me thanks.

Regards, Jessie

Two adults boasting about catching feckin spiders in a feckin glass :vrface:

Well that's you barred from the college course.

Well that's you barred from the college course.

I'm only upset if the course was to be at Napier. You get to see all the wee Watsons things from there.

• 2 weeks later...

People who take the lower offer on The Chase.

Scum.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Especially when it's negative!  I want to wring their necks!

People who take the lower offer on The Chase.

Scum.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

I posted the very same seethe a few weeks ago.

Utter cretins, I'd boil the ***** in oil.

Folk who get all the luck, with long lost deceased relatives leaving them $38,980,369.00

That's not a seethe when they're buying you a new fiat taxi surely ??

Who decided it would be a good idea to do resurfacing on leith walk between pilrig st and McDonald rd at the same time as the leith st closure , arseholes

Saughton rd north resurfaced 2 months ago about to be closed for 6 months as Scottish water dig it up to replace pipes , great planning , arseholes x 2

luckyBatistuta

That's not a seethe when they're buying you a new fiat taxi surely ??

Who decided it would be a good idea to do resurfacing on leith walk between pilrig st and McDonald rd at the same time as the leith st closure , arseholes

Saughton rd north resurfaced 2 months ago about to be closed for 6 months as Scottish water dig it up to replace pipes , great planning , arseholes x 2

Iona Street... :wtf:

Montrose Terrace/London Road/Easter Road... :wtf:

and finally...

a Fiat... :wtf:

Iona Street... :wtf:

Montrose Terrace/London Road/Easter Road... :wtf:

and finally...

a Fiat... :wtf:

Alright 2 fiats then ;)

Euphemisms to avoid saying 'kill' or 'assassinate'.

"We should go in there and take out the terrorists". What? Dinner & dancing? Phone call the next day, take them to meet your folks at the weekend?

I posted the very same seethe a few weeks ago.

Utter cretins, I'd boil the ***** in oil.

I hate it when none of the contestants are shaggable. Come on ITV get a grip.