The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Been a while since we've had one of these. I'll kick things off with a few examples of arseholery i've witnessed recently.

People who talk in the cinema while the film is playing deserve to be dragged outside and beaten unconscious. About every time I go to the cinema I end up having to tell some utter **** to shut the **** up.

The train pulls up and you're trying to get off but a crowd of absolute ****s crowd the door so you can't get off. Some particularly horrible ****s might even try to rush onto the train before the people trying to get off have been able to.

Scum.

Drunk people shouting inane drivel throughout stand-up comedy gigs. Your heckles are never funny and you sound like a moron. Glasgow is absolutely terrible for this for some reason. Instant ejection for any dickhead who shouts shit out when the comedian is on.

Tim Minchin. Anything he does or says just irks me. His stupid face and make-up. An utter knob.

Being served in a shop by two people who continue a private conversation and completely disregard the fact that you're standing there. Ignorant a-holes.

Being ignored in bar / restaurant by waiting / bar staff until they are quite ready. Just a simple acknowledgement makes a world of difference.

People in banks who try to sell you all manner of shit when you're only trying to pay in a cheque. I understand that they are pressured into behaving like this so I blame the dicks who make them behave in this way. It's still annoying though.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, the cinema thing pisses me right off, especially groups of kids who sit up the back and laugh really loud if they get a fright.spoils the whole mood of horror films.

Folk that drive without their headlights dipped are arseholes imo. Nothing worse than having one of these idiots driving up your arse blinding you.

The hardcore dance music in clothes shops.

Parents who spoil their kids and refuse to discipline then wonder why they can't control them when they become teenagers.

Folk who think playing 4-4-2 is the be all and end all.

Folk with no spacial awareness in busy shopping centres.

People who don't say thank you. Ignorant f**kers.

People who try and get served before you in a busy pub when you've been waiting a while.

Top seethe there..agree with it all.

I would add people who stand waiting on a bus only to then faff around looking for fare/pass when bus turns up.

And people who invade your personal space at supermarket checkouts..just by ramming our trolley in my farter will not make the checkout operator go any faster.

Tossers.

Edited by Angry Haggis

People who don't say thank you. Ignorant f**kers.

People who try and get served before you in a busy pub when you've been waiting a while.

Yes to both.

Especially the first.

I hate when some arse decides to leave his seat when the football / film or whatever is still in full flow and instead of saying "excuse me" to those he's disturbing, just barges along the row expecting everyone to just jump out of his way. These people deserve volleying right down the stand.

Been a while since we've had one of these. I'll kick things off with a few examples of arseholery i've witnessed recently.

People who talk in the cinema while the film is playing deserve to be dragged outside and beaten unconscious. About every time I go to the cinema I end up having to tell some utter **** to shut the **** up.

Thats been annoying me recently as well. I usually go to the Filmhouse and Cameo, where normally, the audience is a bit more appreciative (I know that sounds snobby but I dont mean it that way), but recently its been driving me nuts.

Drunk people shouting inane drivel throughout stand-up comedy gigs. Your heckles are never funny and you sound like a moron. Glasgow is absolutely terrible for this for some reason. Instant ejection for any dickhead who shouts shit out when the comedian is on.

Its usually an ejection after one warning in The Stand through here, unless the policy has changed.

Tim Minchin. Anything he does or says just irks me. His stupid face and make-up. An utter knob.

Yup.

People in banks who try to sell you all manner of shit when you're only trying to pay in a cheque. I understand that they are pressured into behaving like this so I blame the dicks who make them behave in this way. It's still annoying though.

You should be able to remove this by asking for no marketing at the counter or over the phone. I did this years ago and apart from a couple of errors, its not been an issue since.

Folk who think playing 4-4-2 is the be all and end all.

Correct. Drives me mad too.

Folk with no spacial awareness in busy shopping centres.

Yes. And from this, those that stand in the way of lifts/escalators et al, then get grumpy when you say 'excuse me, please'.

I'll have others but reading these ones have my seethe on. :lol:

Yes to both.

Especially the first.

I hate when some arse decides to leave his seat when the football / film or whatever is still in full flow and instead of saying "excuse me" to those he's disturbing, just barges along the row expecting everyone to just jump out of his way. These people deserve volleying right down the stand.

A wee apology as you pass goes a long way.

Old Firm fans who have never been to a game in their lives but somehow they are a world authority on everything to do with football. Glasgow is chock full of this type of knobber.

Yes. And from this, those that stand in the way of lifts/escalators et al, then get grumpy when you say 'excuse me, please'.

Dont care much for london, but the buggers know how to work an escalator. One line for standing, another for walking. Bliss.

A wee apology as you pass goes a long way.

Totally.

Simple manners go a long way. Some people just don't have any idea of how to behave in public.

scottish_chicP

I agree with most but especially the manners thing. If I hold a door open for someone or let them past and they don't say thank you I usually shout "you're welcome". Drives me nuts!

Also at Tynie I'm always saying sorry as I'm the pisshead in my row who always needs to pee :lol:

Edited by scottish_chicP

Those phishing spam emails with "Your Halifax account has been temporarily locked to protect you" type stuff.

I'm obviously never going to fall for that but I worry that my parents or older pals who aren't very computer-savvy will get tricked.

The folk that send these emails should have their genitals sawn off with a rusty saw and then their hands tied behind their back so that they have to watch the infection set in and develop.

:seething:

The cinema one has struck a chord with me recently. Had some boy munching his pop corn and rustling the bag at a very high volume. No wonder he was at the cinema on his own. :lol:

After the flick he made a quick get away and the mess he left was unbelievable. Folk were turning round and staring at me like :muggy: as they thought I was the culprit. :sob:

People who go through a door look back and see you a few steps back but just keep going, *****

When you're driving and have right of way but at a push two cars can fit through so they keep going blissfully unaware forcing you towards the kerb and don't even acknowledge you. Worst is when there isn't room and they speed up to force themselves through making you slow down or stop as they drive past looking pleased with themselves

Dusk_Till_Dawn

People who go through a door look back and see you a few steps back but just keep going, *****

When you're driving and have right of way but at a push two cars can fit through so they keep going blissfully unaware forcing you towards the kerb and don't even acknowledge you. Worst is when there isn't room and they speed up to force themselves through making you slow down or stop as they drive past looking pleased with themselves

That second one is a test of manhood. Hog the road and watch them shit themselves.

Generic Username

Folk who trawl the internet/TV/radio/cinema for things they know will offend or upset them, then proceed to get upset about it.

How about just no actively going out to find it in the first place ya weapon.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

The 4-4-2 thing really bugs me. Our last four managers have preferred a variation of this system and this season is the first time I've really noticed folk complaining about it consistently. I've always thought the main culprits are folk who don't have a good tactical understanding of the game, but I also think it's down to sheer ignorance.

Some other good shouts on this thread though, my seethe is normally aimed at other drivers. Folk who don't signal at roundabouts, folk who don't thank you when you let them past and folk who sit in the wrong lane at junctions and don't indicate when they're coming across into the right lane.

Top seething cosa. Particularly agree with this one ...

The train pulls up and you're trying to get off but a crowd of absolute ****s crowd the door so you can't get off. Some particularly horrible ****s might even try to rush onto the train before the people trying to get off have been able to.

Scum.

Although there's this ...

... there are also the folks who see you holding the door for them but don't sprint to get there. I don't have all ******* day you selfish ****.

And, when I enter a store looking for clothes, someone will inevitably swan over and ask if I need some help. Look I'm a ******* adult, and I'm sure I can manage a pair of jeans thank you. Piss off back to your sexting, ohh and turn that shite music off while you're there.

Folk who trawl the internet/TV/radio/cinema for things they know will offend or upset them, then proceed to get upset about it.

Like you getting upset about this thread bud? :biggrin:

Edited by Budgie.

That second one is a test of manhood. Hog the road and watch them shit themselves.

a few years ago in my shitty Punto aye

Not on a 3 year lease with a new car

Some observations from last night.

The fecking roaster working in the bookies who wouldn't give me peace to have a wee shot on the FOBT. Here's a clue ****face... when you continue talking to someone who clearly wishes to be left in peace and is trying his best to ignore you... it's time to bugger off. He's already politely declined the offer of a tea or coffee and an immediate second offer of a tea or coffee seems somewhat superfluous, naw?

Scumbags who pester you for a fag while you're having one outside the boozer.

Annoying tossers who try to strike up a conversation at the bus stop while you're waiting on the night bus and listening to your music.

Braindead people who sidle up to you at the same bus stop and ask about bus times when there's a huge timetable inside the ****ing shelter.

B******** who ask you for change for their bus fare.

Drunk BURSD who make ear piercing shrieks and whoops in the boozer while normal people are trying to have a conversation. **** off to a schemie boozer that is more befitting.

Kind of the opposite probe of the OP's, people who stand in front if bus doors and not move to allow those getting on the bus. I missed one once because two or three started moving forward, so I let them, thinking they were getting on, but they were not and stopped short of the edge of the curb. Twats!

Women who want equal rights and treated the same as men, but only if it benefits them.

Similar to above, winners of women's major tennis tournaments getting paid the same as men, for having to play far less tennis.

Fat and lazy people.

Students who moan about how poor they are and what a raw and tough deal they have, yet probably spend more on their social life than I do.

Bosses who look at your time sheet and if you have done less work than your hours there is something wrong with you, but if you have done more, there is something wrong with their estimated times for each piece of work.

Anyone on The Jeremy Kyle show or the likes.

People on the bus who either play their music loud or are in the phone and are shouting.

Fat Alex Salmond.

Beggars asking you for money and Chuggers. Last week, in one block of Princes Street, five different people asked me for money.

Edited by Simon Says

Now that is a good one.

Folk who bring dip to parties..............and no........(I can't bring myself to say it again).

Or what about

When you're trying to change a toilet seat and one of the plastic screws holding the seat which is already in a difficult location on has somehow stuck firmly and no amount of plier action will shift it despite it being you who last changed it so you end up having to cut through it with a kitchen knife which takes f_cking ages and your arm is killing you and when you finally get the f_cking seat off you open the box of the new seat to find IT'S F_CKING DAMAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_lmj7kztT081qg39ewo1_500.gifjimmy-mcnulty.giftriple-h-angry.gif

Folks who piss or leave dribbles on toilet seats, the rim or the floor around. Clean up your stinking mess. I also hope you dribbled in your shorts.

Edit: the West Brom - Spurs game is a bit boring innit. edit - Bale scores a nice one.

...and, from the chippie ... not too much sauce, ple.... ****, too late! Look I've just arsed copious amounts of alcohol and I hardly need the extra acidity to open up my ulcer further. feckssakes.

Edited by ArcticJambo

People at work who use the fact they stay out in the sticks to try and justify why they are always late/have to leave early. Listen, no one forced you to move out to East Lothian when your place of work is in West Edinburgh. If the bypass is always busy and it's causing you to be late for your work therefore putting your colleagues under unfair pressure, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY LEAVING EARLIER. *****

Ebay offer lowballers who think they stand a chance with an offer of 20-30% of the asking price... even when there are about 25 offers already on the item.

:cornette:

Remnants of Standards

Old folk who make it their business to stand at your shoulder while withdrawing money/entering your PIN. It's that spatial awareness thing again or perhaps just complete ignorance.

Patrick Bateman

Cinema ?tiquette is an essential part of the experience. I can't stand people who think it's ok to check their texts/emails in the middle of a movie, illuminating half the room in the process.

I loathe the aggro-addled, 'smart/casual' subhuman trash that swagger about the streets on a Friday/Saturday night looking for trouble. Such inadequate losers who feel the need to prove themselves and can't handle their drink, that's for sure.

Jack Wills, Hollister, or any other off-the-shelf lifestyle bullshit clothing that the tasteless wannabes wear these days. Nothing says 'I mindlessly follow trends/I don't have an original thought in my head' like those god-awful SuperDry JPN jackets too.

BBC 'comedies' like Miranda, Mrs Brown's boys and Citizen Khan. Who finds that shite funny? Comedy for morons.

Folk who 'support' a Premiership side, and use terms like 'we' and 'us' and get smug when they win. Particularly on a Hearts forum. Do they realise how much of a diddy mindset that is? Do they feel the need to support a successful team to mitigate for supporting Hearts? Deviant, childish behaviour.

...a bit disco

Yon boy 'Roger' who calls me repeatedly from Mumbai.

A few points son...

Your name's Dilpak.

You don't work for Microsoft.

And my computers working fine, not that you have any way of knowing wether it is or isn't.

Fud.

Ignorant arseholes who when being served in a shop ignore the person serving them becuase they're talking to someone on their mobile. Get some manners you piece of ****. (No I don't work in a shop).

Takeaway places that do home deliveries ignoring you when you are waiting to be served because they're too busy filling bags for lazy ****s who are too fat to get off their arse to go to the shop. There are several places that I've never been back to because of this. Even a simple "Be with you in a minute" would be a start.

Self serve checkouts in Asda and the likes - if I wanted to scan items I'd apply to them for a feckin job.

Cinema ?tiquette is an essential part of the experience. I can't stand people who think it's ok to check their texts/emails in the middle of a movie, illuminating half the room in the process.

I loathe the aggro-addled, 'smart/casual' subhuman trash that swagger about the streets on a Friday/Saturday night looking for trouble. Such inadequate losers who feel the need to prove themselves and can't handle their drink, that's for sure.

Jack Wills, Hollister, or any other off-the-shelf lifestyle bullshit clothing that the tasteless wannabes wear these days. Nothing says 'I mindlessly follow trends/I don't have an original thought in my head' like those god-awful SuperDry JPN jackets too.

BBC 'comedies' like Miranda, Mrs Brown's boys and Citizen Khan. Who finds that shite funny? Comedy for morons.

Folk who 'support' a Premiership side, and use terms like 'we' and 'us' and get smug when they win. Particularly on a Hearts forum. Do they realise how much of a diddy mindset that is? Do they feel the need to support a successful team to mitigate for supporting Hearts? Deviant, childish behaviour.

This - I saw a few minutes of Mrs Brown's Boys once and the whole thing seem to revolve around the word 'feckin' - utter Tom Kite.

Self serve checkouts in Asda and the likes - if I wanted to scan items I'd apply to them for a feckin job.

These things can be good if there's a massive queue and you're buying very little.

Otherwise, they are a massive pain in the hoop.

Patrick Bateman

I don't mind them in principle, but people who can't use them in a timeous fashion should be sterilised. Particularly the ones who just wave produce at the scanner for an age, as if they don't know what a barcode is for.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Vacuum heids that constantly whinge and whine about 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 etc. when they haven't got the foggiest idea what they're bleating about gets right on the old nips.

Pissheads txting me all morning about how ill they are, just man the **** up ffs.

I don't mind them in principle, but people who can't use them in a timeous fashion should be sterilised. Particularly the ones who just wave produce at the scanner for an age, as if they don't know what a barcode is for.

I had the misfortune to be in Asda the other night at round 10.30pm getting a couple of things. There was one checkout open and it was being used by someone filling their shop. I chose to use one of the two self serve checkouts that were open and surprise surprise it failed on the first item. There was not a single member of staff around to reset the damn thing and someone else was having the same trouble with the other one. No-one at the customer service desk either! Hunners of folk stacking shelves and filling baskets for lazy folk tho. I ended up having to wait behind the folk at the checkout (who had almost ?200 worth of stuff).

If I hadn't been getting stuff for the wee one I would have ditched the basket and walked out, something I've done more than once.

If they can't be arsed employing the correct number of staff then they should do away with the 24 hour thing and just close the shop at night.

Gregory House M.D.

People who constantly reiterate how seething they are at people liking an English club.

I absolutely hate when people type on JKB or facebook in their accents. Just stop it. Makes you look like a ****.

"It pure dis mah boax in man, eh" etc

The lick their fingers before touching your bags in Asda.

Absolutely astounded that management haven't instructed against this.

Unhygienic in the extreme.

Smokers who, when they go out for a fag, don't actually leave the building but huddle around - and often INSIDE - the door for shelter so that I have to navigate around them and walk through their disgusting reek.

The lick their fingers before touching your bags in Asda.

Absolutely astounded that management haven't instructed against this.

Unhygienic in the extreme.

The one in Dunfermline they've got sponge pads at the till to wet their fingers so I'm guessing someone complained about it there.

People at work who use the fact they stay out in the sticks to try and justify why they are always late/have to leave early. Listen, no one forced you to move out to East Lothian when your place of work is in West Edinburgh. If the bypass is always busy and it's causing you to be late for your work therefore putting your colleagues under unfair pressure, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY LEAVING EARLIER. *****

In my experience it is those out in the sticks that do start earlier and those nearby wander in at 10am and then moan at others for leaving at 4pm.

Why......

For a room no-one except for me, my wife and my kids really go in......

This room being our bedroom.......

Why......

When I make the bed........

Must I......

after making the bed........

Carefully arrange a scattering of different cushions across the top of the bed.....

What the F__k are these cushions for? Why am I getting grief when I don't do this? Why is it ok for them to be thrown into the corner of the bedroom when we're sleeping but delicately arranged when we're working and there is no-one in the house? Is my window cleaners depression alieviated at the sight of our "showroom" bed? Will burglars be deterred from ransacking my house when they see how "lovely" the bed looks? Is it to lure them to sleep so we can catch them in the act?

What are these cushions for?

I know one of my mates also suffers from this? Is this a widespread problem? Is this too many questions? Is it?

It's the arseholes with an overloaded trolley doing their weekly shop blocking the aisles at the self serve who do my nut in. Saw some fat bint at the asda in Dunfermline at the middle of 3 blocking the one on one side with her trolley and her fat **** man blocking the one on the other side packing the bags.

Fat pricks!!

Maiden Gorgie

Certain people should be banned from these machines. If you don't know how to use it, don't f****n try.