Best Hearts 11

Sit Rudolf Of Tynie

Bert Le Clos

Have we ever had a quality right back?

Gowser and Maybury were both good for us but nor really all that special.

Something that's been discussed on here before. We've had unbelievable centre halves and left backs, but never a right back to match them. McLaren was the best for me, although I forgot to include him in the back 3 I picked for my team :facepalm:

I'd have him ahead of McPherson along with Levein and Weir.

Maroon Sailor

Zico was pretty decent for us

Something that's been discussed on here before. We've had unbelievable centre halves and left backs, but never a right back to match them. McLaren was the best for me, although I forgot to include him in the back 3 I picked for my team :facepalm:

I'd have him ahead of McPherson along with Levein and Weir.

McLaren was ace although I was a kid when he played for us.

Not the best going forward but he was a fierce tackler and competitor.

Zico was pretty decent for us

Think I was about 10 or 11 when he moved on.

Not really qualified to comment.

Calm down Robbie, it's nothing against you personally :cool4:

Mc Laren was outstanding, fair enough if you never saw him play. Weir regularly played right back for us before moving to centre half. McPherson won 20 odd caps for Scotland his performances for us earned him a transfer to Rangers helped them win a treble and a double in two seasons. To be honest my comment wasn't mainly directed at you, as you say you picked Neilson in a all Scottish XI (still wrong mind), but some people had him in their greatest ever side, which I just don't get.

The whole argument of not picking players in an all time team because you never saw them play doesn't always wash. It would be like asking people to pick an all time greatest team and leaving out Pele and Maradona. How anyone cannot pick Robbo is beyond me to be honest, regardless of whether they saw him play or not. FFS someone has Lee Miller ahead of him.

Your second last scentence is 100% correct, I would also include Rudi in that bracket, and as for the Lee Miller bit, I was like WTF too.

GK : Gordon.........just had the x factor.......hard to explain exactly why i`d put him ahead of Niemi or even Smith.......

RB: Frail .......never played in any great teams but i thought he was a stand out. A balanced full back. Could attack and cross a fine ball, but could close down and tackle which was his main job.

LB: Takis Fyssas .....sheer class imo, at SPL level of course, but he showed why he came with a good pedigree and reputation.

CB: Craig Levein .....part of a pairing yet to be surpassed......truly a class centre back who`s career and ability was stunted by injury.

CB : Sandy Jardine .......he best old head Hearts have ever had(from my time supporting Hearts anyway) .....played a huge part in not only nurturing Levein, but also a young , re-emerging Hearts in the 80`s......a true leader but class player too.

---------------------------

RM/Wing : John Colquhoun......pace, goals, strength, sublime crossing and consistency. Suso reminded me of him a bit when it came to using his body.

CM: Gary MacKay......his link up and almost telepathic play with Robbo gets him in my team. But he was a very good player though outright. Had his dip and took flak in a long Hearts career but Gary was a player.

CM: Paul Hartley........agonised over my final CM role....He edges Colin Cameron but only just. Both had drive, quality and goals from a tough position.

LM/wing : Rudi Skacel (2005-06) need i say anything? A wand of a left peg , a fighter, a winner but just a quality player we were blessed with.

----------------------------

ST: John Robertson..........it shouldn`t be underestimated the ability to score goals frequently and any kind too. But he was more than that. Very clever player, strong and the best striker of a ball i`ve seen......yes, he edges rudi for me on that!

ST: Sandy Clark.........edges Ed Jankauskas simply for longer service. Both of these players were top quality centre forwards but more playmakers and bringing people into the game. Still bagged goals though.

Gregory House M.D.

Calm down Robbie, it's nothing against you personally :cool4:

Mc Laren was outstanding, fair enough if you never saw him play. Weir regularly played right back for us before moving to centre half. McPherson won 20 odd caps for Scotland his performances for us earned him a transfer to Rangers helped them win a treble and a double in two seasons. To be honest my comment wasn't mainly directed at you, as you say you picked Neilson in a all Scottish XI (still wrong mind), but some people had him in their greatest ever side, which I just don't get.

The whole argument of not picking players in an all time team because you never saw them play doesn't always wash. It would be like asking people to pick an all time greatest team and leaving out Pele and Maradona. How anyone cannot pick Robbo is beyond me to be honest, regardless of whether they saw him play or not. FFS someone has Lee Miller ahead of him.

If you want an all time 11 that I may or may not have seen play then here you go:

Niemi

Levein Jardine Webster

D.Mackay Cummings

Conn Bauld Robertson B.Walker Wardhaugh

Becomes a bit farcical and based on nothing but stories, eh?

Bert Le Clos

If you want an all time 11 that I may or may not have seen play then here you go:

Niemi

Levein Jardine Webster

D.Mackay Cummings

Conn Bauld Robertson B.Walker Wardhaugh

Becomes a bit farcical and based on nothing but stories, eh?

Few good shouts there, although I'd have been inclined to include this guy

::troll:::'>

Gregory House M.D.

Few good shouts there, although I'd have been inclined to include this guy

::troll:::'>

:lol:

Tommy Wiseau

Jim Hamilton would easily get in ahead of Lee Miller in a Scottish 11 from the last 15 years btw. Miller did alright for us, but only for 5 months and, what, 20 appearances max? Hammy gave us over 100 games service and something like a goal every 3 games. Under-rated.

PS. Robinho Neilson should be nowhere near any best of team. McGowan was first choice right back for about 14 months and ranks above him ffs, not to mention the likes of Frail.

rossthejambo

Jim Hamilton would easily get in ahead of Lee Miller in a Scottish 11 from the last 15 years btw. Miller did alright for us, but only for 5 months and, what, 20 appearances max? Hammy gave us over 100 games service and something like a goal every 3 games. Under-rated.

PS. Robinho Neilson should be nowhere near any best of team. McGowan was first choice right back for about 14 months and ranks above him ffs, not to mention the likes of Frail.

Hamilton was absolute guff at the end of his time here though so I can see why people would forget him.

Agree with the RB shout as well, Frail and Locke are easily ahead of Neilson as far as Scottish players go.

My team

Niemi

McGowan

Weir

Zaliukas

Fyssas

Cameron

Hartley

Flogel

McCann

Jankauskas

Skacel

Chris Benoit

Frail and Locke before both did their cruciates had the makings of being first class RB's.

My XI

GK Niemi

RB Frail

LB Fyssas

CB Levein

CB Weir

RM Colquhoun

LM Skacel

CM Cameron

CM Hartley

CF Robbo

CF Jankauskas

From who I've seen (last 15 years)...

GK - Gordon. Could have been one of the best keepers in Europe if he had kept injury free.

RB - Maybury. Loved him for some reason.

CB - Zaliukas. Just shades it ahead of Webster. Brilliant over the last season and a half.

CB - Pressley. Cup winning captain, still love him.

LB - Fyssas. Fantastic player, fantastic man. Had the pleasure of meeting him on holiday, absolute gent.

RM - Miko. Loved him. His goal against Hibs is one of my favourite Hearts goals.

CM - Hartley. If we could have a midfielder in the team with half as many goals in their game as Hartley we'd be top 3 easy.

CM - Cameron. Never saw too much of him but always thought he was great.

LM - Rudi. No need to explain.

ST - Jankauskas. Had so much class when he applied himself.

ST - Velicka. Not had a great selection of strikers over the years. Could always rely on Velicka for a goal.

From players I saw

Niemi

McLaren Levein Pressley Fysass

Flogel Cameron Hartley Skacel

Robertson Adam

But always fancied this set up, and think JJ pretty much put him everywhere (bar GK)

Flogel

Flogel Flogel Flogel Flogel

Flogel Flogel

Gregory House M.D.

From players I saw

Niemi

Robertson Adam

But always fancied this set up, and think JJ pretty much put him everywhere (bar GK)

Flogel

Flogel Flogel

Tam Flogel actually did play every single outfield position for Hearts. An excellent player.

Not a best XI but a team of my fav players at different times. I did used to have some unusual fav players though. :lol: Also, I did tend to have more heroes when I was a kid hence some strange selections.

GK: Niemi (simply outstanding keeper)

LB: Peter Shields (was my fav player at the time and still got a photo taken with him many years ago. Never forgive Danny Mcgrain for that tackle.)

RB: Stephen Hamilton (thought he was a great player till he got a bad injury)

CB: Sandy Jardine (just oozed class)

CB: Craig Levein (simply the best defender I've ever seen.)

LM: Skacel (legend)

RM: John Colquhoun (terrific player)

CM: Derek Ferguson (classy player and not our normal type of player at CM at the time)

CM: Colin Cameron (legend)

CF: Robbo

CF: Mark De Vries (the 5-1 and 4-4 Hibs games as well as Braga away were special moments this man gave us.)

From players I saw

Niemi

Robertson Adam

Flogel

Flogel Flogel

Reminds me of the Csaba XI.

Jonsson

Jonsson Jonsson Jonsson Jonsson

Jonsson

Jonsson Jonsson

Jonsson Jonsson

Jonsson

Maroon Sailor