Lee Wallace

Jezza

The question is why sign a new contract..

Have they improved his wages..

If they have how much is he getting now.. where are they getting the money to pay it..

If (and this is more likely) they have reduced his salary, why did he sign it..

This needs to be a wake up call for anyone with Gary MacKay as an agent.. get rid of him asap.. Lee Wallace is better than Paul Dixon and yet he is now cementing that spot in the international team while Lee Wallace tests his skills against plumbers etc for the next couple of seasons..

I get the impression that the old adage of "if he had brains, he'd be dangerous" wouldn't be more aptly used than to describe him.

Absolute waste of talent.

He's not ambitious but that isn't a crime. Being a Rangers player keeps him close to his family and friends which is probably the most important thing to him.

Wage increase I would guess and probably been told they will be in spl 2 next season with promotion almost guaranteed back in the spl in two years with a Scotland recall a cert IMHO

Smart man. This way he'll never have to be involved with Craig Levein and the Scotland set-up.:whistling:

This.

Fair play to him. Young family & wants to stay in Scotland. Only other place that will attempt to match those wages will be Celtic. Cannae see him going there.

It's only a year extension on his current deal. Probably increased wages as a reward for staying on to the Newco

All the clever ones " Walked Away " even Kirk Clubfoot :blink:

Securing a contract extension worth a good few million over 5 years????

Baffling right enough.

I'm baffled why rangers would bother renegotiating now.

Regal Kingston

He's not ambitious but that isn't a crime. Being a Rangers player keeps him close to his family and friends which is probably the most important thing to him.

Totally agree - End of the day football is a job.

He obviously likes it at Rangers and the contract suits him and his family.

It's a bit waste but footballers have a limited shelf life - It's best to make as much money as possible and if you like the club you are at why move?

He might share the same opinion as a lot of Scotsman on todays messageboards - Playing for your country is a waste of time.

Gets to play in front of 40,000 every other week, paid as well as he would be anywhere else in Scotland, and gets to stay close to friends and family.

You can only win the competitions you're n, and if he's lucky he'll be on a procession of winners medals for the next few years.

Good luck to him.

Only 3rd best Scottosh left back we've had in the last 20 years anyway. He was never as good as Naysmith or McKinlay.

Back of the Bus

I know a guy who knows him and this is exactly why he went there in the first place.

He'll earn enough there to set him up for life probably. Ambition? No. Security? Aye.

Our national game is down the toilet.

Some won't like this but I think its great commitment from him. There will be a fair old amount of Rangers fans who will be even more right behind him.

No doubt there are clauses in this new deal, but fair play for sticking by the club - Or new club, erm....

The question is why sign a new contract..

Have they improved his wages..

If they have how much is he getting now.. where are they getting the money to pay it..

If (and this is more likely) they have reduced his salary, why did he sign it..

This needs to be a wake up call for anyone with Gary MacKay as an agent.. get rid of him asap.. Lee Wallace is better than Paul Dixon and yet he is now cementing that spot in the international team while Lee Wallace tests his skills against plumbers etc for the next couple of seasons..

If Rangers and Wallace are both happy with his deal, then Gary has done his job well. The only reason agents are now employed is because certain Clubs shafted players for years.

Suspect Device

"Lee has been a really solid citizen since he came here," said Rangers manager Ally McCoist.

"He has been exactly everything we thought he would be - strong, totally committed and with no shortage of talent down the left-hand side".

not exactly a ringing endorsment on his abilities is it ?

sounds more like an "aye, he's decent and he's here" statement

"Lee has been a really solid citizen since he came here," said Rangers manager Ally McCoist.

"He has been exactly everything we thought he would be - strong, totally committed and with no shortage of talent down the left-hand side".

not exactly a ringing endorsment on his abilities is it ?

sounds more like an "aye, he's decent and he's here" statement

ermm.gif

I'm guessing we'll see this from most players who stood by the club as they went under, that wound have been the negotiation. Cheaper to do that than sign more players. Not surprised, in fact I thought it would happen.

We were all surprised he stayed but its obvious something was offered.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

All the decent players they had couldn't get out of there quick enough, which is why it's so baffling that others seemingly good players want to be there. Players like Naismith, Davis, McGregor showed that they want to be at the top of their game & play at as high a level as they can, while people like Black, Temps, Wallace, Sheils etc have shown that money is their only motivation. It's their prerogative but I find it quite sad.

Midfield Dynamo

New 5 year deal at Newco.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19599733

What a complete waste of ambition and talent.

Rangers up his salary for signing 5 year contract!

Wallace will be sold next summer for inflated fee....Newco pocket dosh!

I think they call it an investment !

I think we did the same with Craig Gordon IIR.

Rangers up his salary for signing 5 year contract!

Wallace will be sold next summer for inflated fee....Newco pocket dosh!

I think they call it an investment !

I think we did the same with Craig Gordon IIR.

Wallace could have left for nothing and made himself a lot more money.

His missus has just had a kid so maybe moving them down to England isn't very appealing to him right now

The exact reason.

The exact reason.

Plus for some reason I get the feeling that Levein does not rate him,so this contract extension makes sense.

Good luck to him,never ever let us down and a cracking player as well.

Seymour M Hersh

I'm baffled why rangers would bother renegotiating now.

Chuckie probably knows they'll be breests up again within the year so won't have to pay the full contract anyway.

i wish jj was my dad

I would never criticise a young guy or anybody really for making money but you have to ask serious questions here.

LW is everything you want in a left back and should be the first choice for his country.I can't believe that he has not had offers from the EPL, championship or abroad. FFS Ipswich signed Stevo. Messing about with his talent at this level is disgusting.

I am good mates with him and i can tell you that he had offers from a championship side but he did not want to leave rangers at this moment of time. He is also a rangers fan.

jack D and coke

He's never struck me as being particularly bright but I always reckoned he could've cut it at a higher level. Definitely championship and possibly premiership. If he wants to ###### about playing amateur players I guess it's his call. He's making fortunes for doing it though it would be hard to knock back. McCoist's words about him are funny as **** though, obviously doesnt really rate him. I know before they liquidated the huns I knew thought he was shite.

i wish jj was my dad

I am good mates with him and i can tell you that he had offers from a championship side but he did not want to leave rangers at this moment of time. He is also a rangers fan.

Maybe Rangers are what rocks his boat. I didn't know that. But I rate him really highly and I think he's wasted his career. Scotland can't afford to lose talent like that.

Archived