Characters at Tynecastle from yesteryear

Pans Jambo

Was chatting to some auld mates about when we were younger and we used to go to Tynecastle when the shed was there.

There were a few characters that used to turn up week in week out and stand roughly at the same place in the corner under the old shed.

You may know a few of them...

"King Rib" an older guy with whiskers that always turned up eating a king rib supper. Still goes to Tynecastle.

"Ace of Hearts" a mixed race guy with black curly hair and he wears a tied scarf with an ace of hearts badge sew on it. I think he's from Musselburgh.

"TTF" (stands for The True Fen..n) as when the support sang the "hello hello" song he used to go mental and shout "get to Ibrox if you want to sing that".

"Bad Blow" as in bad blow for society. A skinny studenty type guy with greasy hair hanging like curtains round his face and he always wore an inspiral carpets Tshirt that said "moo" on it.

"Joe Elliot" just because he looked like the singer from Def Leppard

Many others....good times!

Anyone remember any others?

Edited by Pans Jambo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• the general

• Tams bird

• The Gasman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Ace of Hearts" a mixed race guy with black curly hair and he wears a tied scarf with an ace of hearts badge sew on it. I think he's from Musselburgh.

If that's the same guy I'm thinking of, my friends and I call him "Jesus".

Aye that'll be him, he's been going to Tynecastle for at least 30 years.

Jesus used to travel on the combined Musselburgh and portobello bus in the early 80's and was called Derek Griffiths back then . There has been many characters over the years who have supported the club from the quiet ones to the wild ones .

William H. Bonney

the bottom of section G used to have Karate Keith, can't see him anymore :(

There is a zoomer in the bottom of section A who may fit that description. Wears a pony jacket with maroon trousers. Is up and down like a ******* yo-yo. Forever adjusting his sleeves, trousers, scarf etc. His hand signals are amazing to watch. Complete nut job though!

There is a zoomer in the bottom of section A who may fit that description. Wears a pony jacket with maroon trousers. Is up and down like a ******* yo-yo. Forever adjusting his sleeves, trousers, scarf etc. His hand signals are amazing to watch. Complete nut job though!

That's the lad.

The Great Khali

the bottom of section G used to have Karate Keith, can't see him anymore :(

The guy did the warm ups wi the players and that? Stretches and everything?

Jesus used to travel on the combined Musselburgh and portobello bus in the early 80's and was called Derek Griffiths back then . There has been many characters over the years who have supported the club from the quiet ones to the wild ones .

Hahahaha - Heads & Tails!!!

Hearts have rarely been beaten when I've bumped into Jesus. He was nails when he was younger aswell.

The man is a terracing legend.

winston churchill

Here's Keith aka "the gorgie dancer".. Mad as a box of frogs but lives for hearts tbh.

dyqu9a6u.jpg

He now hangs around the Tynie Arms after the games.

Anybody remember Jimmy the light bulb.

A guy we used to call "the fat man from Blackhall" ...

In the 70s, the two deaf guys who used to shout the odds at players, in their own way.

Alan "Squarey" Squair, fae YMD.

Remember Jimmy Lightbulb met him in Locarno snooker centre one night told me he had a hard time with fans taking the pesh out of him and had a few kickings also. The days of the terrace was best for mutters you could stand near them and watch them go mental .

Shanks said no

Ah there's a blast from the past, I seem to remember he wasn't very bright

I used to have a season ticket right behind him at tynecastle in section G and we used to get a laugh out of him, but one of the guys beside us did say taht he goes everywhere with Hearts and has done for many years - Hearts daft.

He used to join in the warm ups and run up and down his row - some guy.

Yup, was on the Porty bus in the 80's and thats how I knew him. Ah the memories.

With regard to Keith, there have been a number of threads in the past and he is mentally unwell.

winston churchill

Remember Jimmy Lightbulb met him in Locarno snooker centre one night told me he had a hard time with fans taking the pesh out of him and had a few kickings also. The days of the terrace was best for mutters you could stand near them and watch them go mental .

He used to hang around Eric Browns in the 80's, and play the drums with his invisible drum sticks.

Anybody remember another legend called peely from East Craigs.

Karate Keith...Tynie Legend !

He used to sit somewhere near us in the Main Stand, around section S/T, did full warm up, complete with lunges and stretches, then whistled and shouted as the players were warming up.

The array of badges he has on his scarf is quite something to behold !

:ninja:

Shanks said no

Peely went to every game, home and away, seem to remember he wore the same anorak all the time and was always carrying a match programme.

Still remember Jimmy trying to climb the fences like a rabid dog when things weren't happening on the pitch :lol: - still he used to go every week.

Don't see him as much now

Walter Payton

I bought him a pint in the Coble bar in Musselburgh not long after we won the cup in '98.

I seem to remember a slightly chubby punk with a Mohican in the shed and a massive bloke with a dug who growled at everyone (the dug did too sometimes).

Oh, and Saddam Hussein in the school end.

Big Bernie?

I saw that guy on Gorgie Rd before my first ever Hearts game and said to my friend's dad that he looked like Jesus. It was a home game friendly v Newcastle about 1989 or so. I've seen him many times since as he's so distinctive looking.

Creepy Lurker

There's this wee woman who always goes to games alone wearing full Hearts trackies, backpack and cap. Anyone know who I mean?

Creepy firing in :jjyay:

I used to sit in Section N (upper part) with a guy who I called The Angriest Man in the World. He hated Hibs more than most and used to get up, swaying back and forth with the anger, roaring his lungs out.

He is maybe mid to late 30s, tallish (6') and fat with a red but slightly boyish face and glasses.

I used to laugh about it and he took it well.

There's this wee woman who always goes to games alone wearing full Hearts trackies, backpack and cap. Anyone know who I mean?

Creepy firing in :jjyay:

Yep, I know who you mean.

When I was a young kid in the 80's i used to see a guy who looked like Morrisey with glasses and a massive quiff. This quiff was absolutely outrageous. Wonder if he still has it and if he still goes to games.

I always used to see a guy who looked like the Dr from Back to the Future but I think he passed away (RIP :( ).

There was the really fat bloke who used to sell programs but I think I read that he'd passed away as well ( RIP :( ).

I'm Louie, been following Hearts fir years, stay in near musselburgh with my mum and brother and drink in the wiremill

Are you the guy who looks like Jesus? :o

Wow. You and the smell of hops from the brewery are pretty much all I can remember from my first ever Hearts game.

I'm Louie, been following Hearts fir years, stay in near musselburgh with my mum and brother and drink in the wiremill

Louie,

You are a Hearts supporting legend. First saw you at Tynecastle around 1985 or so.

You still wearing the "Ace of Hearts" scarf?

Hey Louie, hope you don't mind the "Jesus" chat.

You are legend and a sort of lucky charm! :thumbsup:

The deaf guy in the 1980s, who when shouting, had a voice like a dog whistle.

He mostly sat on the long plastic benches, but you'd hear him at away matches too.

Strangely, I never did see his face.

Maybe it was all in my head?

Big Bernie?

Was that guy that looked like Giant Haystacks? Remember him and his dug on the terracing at Firhill in the 70`s! He got turned away at the gate at Ibrox as he the dug with him! :ninja:

He mostly sat on the long plastic benches, but you'd hear him at away matches too.

I used to sit a couple of seats along from him when I had a season ticket in the Gorgie Stand when it first opened. He used to go completely mental but his voice obviously never matched his angry disposition. :lol:

Friendly guy from what I remember.

In the 70s, the two deaf guys who used to shout the odds at players, in their own way.

I remember them. Were they not brothers ?

I remember a grey haired old woman, who used to wear a hand knitted wooly hat. Saw her many moons ago in the 70`s. Not sure what her name was.

jambos are go!

pretty sure the deaf guys travelled from the Borders.

William H. Bonney

There was a guy who, though never seeing his face, could be heard all round tynie. He would clap at everything. He must have worn leather gloves. Reckon by the noise he sat in the main stand.

Standing beside them at Tannadice in the 80's, never thought nothing of it when they were signing but could not believe the noise they generated during the game. Seen one of them quite recently, Aberdeen last season I think

I remember a grey haired old woman, who used to wear a hand knitted wooly hat. Saw her many moons ago in the 70`s. Not sure what her name was.

Agnes. Passed away a few years ago. Never missed a game.

Walter Payton

Was that guy that looked like Giant Haystacks? Remember him and his dug on the terracing at Firhill in the 70`s! He got turned away at the gate at Ibrox as he the dug with him! :ninja:

Lots of tattoos Lynn, used to always be in Robertsons though I've seen him outside the Station Bar recently as well. I'm sure there was a thread on here some time ago about Bernie and his dogs, some amusing stories in there!