Red & White Kop thread - good read

Jamesie

Geoff Kilpatrick

Here's my take on Hearts fans last night.

Loads of maroon whoppers too full of ale who would normally never go to aways dressed like Xmas trees.

Up for a big game, but let's face it, it wasn't a big game for Liverpool.

Your going on about the shit atmosphere in the home end. How great was the atmosphere against Inverness at home the other week? How will it be against Dundee on Sunday?

Watched a bit I sky+ this morning. The guy in tears at the end of the game :-) brilliant!!

When's the draw for the group stages????

:rofl:

Goebbels has a friend!

Don't read too much into the comments on an internet forum - it takes all - I listened to the entire match on Radio Scotland and the Hearts Fans were very vocal - I only heard about 10 minutes maximum of songs insulting Suarez etc - The Hearts Song was the loudest sung.

There is an element of Anfield support that seems to think just because they are from Liverpool they have some sort of special status - much of this seemed to spring up in the aftermath of the dreadful Hillsborough disaster and seems to be born like some badge of honour by fans who were toddlers at the time it was a terrible tragedy that I remember clearly but using it as an excuse to take offence like some sort of martyrs badge is really not on and IMHO is deeply disrespectful of the victims and their families.

Quite why any visiting team should be respectful of Liverpool and their ground, fans etc is beyond me - its not exactly like they respected our home ground by sitting in awed silence.

Thought the Hearts fans were very respectful, came to party, shouted loud and proud, mixed with home fans, who thinks they weren't respectful?

Roy Croppers Handbag

Loads of maroon whoppers too full of ale who would normally never go to aways dressed like Xmas trees.

Your going on about the shit atmosphere in the home end. How great was the atmosphere against Inverness at home the other week? How will it be against Dundee on Sunday?

Watched a bit I sky+ this morning. The guy in tears at the end of the game :-) brilliant!!

Haven't you got a wall in Belgium you could be pushing over?

Governor Tarkin

An imaginative and unpredictable response. Congratulations.

You're clearly a dullard mate, but the question remains, are you the exception or the rule?

Oh how the plot thickens eh.

fabienleclerq

No need. Grow up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So if not winning a title in two decades makes you an arsehole what does that make Hearts?? What a pathetic comment.

I think the point is why should Hearts walk into Anfield and worship Liverpool. This only goes to prove the point I have been making about Liverpool and their thick fans, apart from forever enjoying the role of the victim, they are quite clearly in denial the football power is no longer with them. I can say this quite honestly, as a sympathiser of Leeds, with a pathalogical hatred of Manchester Utd and Chelsea (I am sane, its a joke, honestly), that Liverpools attempts to grasp onto history from over 20 years back is laughable. Get over yourselves, you aren't famous anymore, you arent really a top 4 club anymore, history means nothing when you take to the pitch.

Tradition is great, both of our clubs are traditional but I wouldnt expect Alloa fans not to bate us at Tynecastle if they did well. Its banter, if you cant handle that, then dont go to football and dont enter forums. I soon as I've posted this I accept the consequences of my witterings.

I think the point is why should Hearts walk into Anfield and worship Liverpool. This only goes to prove the point I have been making about Liverpool and their thick fans, apart from forever enjoying the role of the victim, they are quite clearly in denial the football power is no longer with them. I can say this quite honestly, as a sympathiser of Leeds, with a pathalogical hatred of Manchester Utd and Chelsea (I am sane, its a joke, honestly), that Liverpools attempts to grasp onto history from over 20 years back is laughable. Get over yourselves, you aren't famous anymore, you arent really a top 4 club anymore, history means nothing when you take to the pitch.

Tradition is great, both of our clubs are traditional but I wouldnt expect Alloa fans not to bate us at Tynecastle if they did well. Its banter, if you cant handle that, then dont go to football and dont enter forums. I soon as I've posted this I accept the consequences of my witterings.

Why do so many Hearts fans have this perception that they are somehow expected to 'worship' Anfield. Very perplexing. Have to agree with the history bit, plenty of Liverpool fans are engrossed with history, you will have to be in your late 20's to remember Liverpool winning the league. I would prefer a lot of the glory hunters to quietly dissapear. Most Scousers prefer away trips now, like Elland Rd a couple of esaons back, ( 1-0, sorry for the banter). Not a day tripper in sight at this one.

Partly true, and it was a big game for Hearts. Change the maroon to red and make it Euro final for Liverpool and you will find the fans were very similar.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why do so many Hearts fans have this perception that they are somehow expected to 'worship' Anfield. Very perplexing. Have to agree with the history bit, plenty of Liverpool fans are engrossed with history, you will have to be in your late 20's to remember Liverpool winning the league. I would prefer a lot of the glory hunters to quietly dissapear. Most Scousers prefer away trips now, like Elland Rd a couple of esaons back, ( 1-0, sorry for the banter). Not a day tripper in sight at this one.

Seems that some of your pals felt that we should be more respectful, what a load of nonsense. Unfortunately some of the hard of thinking seem to have hijacked this thread with disgusting taunts which simply aint banter. Leeds and Blackburn have both won the English League since Liverpool have. Given the tradition I am surprised that they have never managed to get things going as a true power, no team can ever rest on its past. Singing You'll Never Walk Alone at every game and Dalglish is not the answer. Not sure about American owners, think they are somehow worse than eccentric Russians for some reason. Why has Liverpool never had the investment that either a Chelsea or Man City have. I cant help thinking it has got something to do with the culture myself, but admittedly I don't profess to be an expert

Rudolf's Mate

When we came out I walked up the road and spoke with a guy. He asked if we were like that every game. Said only team that came remotely close was Man U when they visit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When we came out I walked up the road and spoke with a guy. He asked if we were like that every game. Said only team that came remotely close was Man U when they visit.

We're not though, support at Pittodrie was very weak. Pity as a real noisy Hearts away support is how I grew up with the club, now that I have family of my own and cant commit to away games like I once did (especially nights like last night) I am jealous of the younger guys. They should go to as many games as they can and make as much noise, the club is well worth it.

3fingersreid

that's not even remotely funny

I am most definitely on the **** liverpool, shit club, shit fans bus!

Very :pleasing: that we seemed to hit a nerve with some of them.

Dagger Is Back

Have met loads of quality Liverpool fans over the last couple of days. Unfortunately there's always one and you are that one.

Complete and utter tosser.

Liverpool were once a great famous club. No more. Don't see you lot finishing in the top 6 this year. Did the stadium tour today and whilst you stay in the dark ages clinging to your Shankly traditions, you'll stay there.

Brian potter

Don't think many Liverpool fans realise how big a club hearts are/ could be!! Put us in the epl Playing top clubs regularly with more income the potential is massive! We Just play in a crap league were all the money and coverage is with the old firm!!

All the Liverpool fans (and Evertonians) that we met yesterday were great banter and really friendly and helpful. Had a great time at concert square and at the match, our support did us proud and many Liverpool fans told us this as we were walking back to hotel.

Why do so many Hearts fans have this perception that they are somehow expected to 'worship' Anfield.

A lot of the comments on the post-match thread on RAWK say pretty much that.

As well as we apparently only sang anti-Liverpool/Suarez songs for the whole 90 minutes (which is clearly bollocks).

not funny, cant believe some others are actually finding it remotely funny :down:

Diadora Van Basten

Liverpool fans I spoke to were sound.

I thought they loved their football and appreciated our good play and passionate fans.

Guest Fulham Jambo 2.0

From your very own fans:

Livbevs on RAWK:

Got to admit I thought the Hearts fans might of been humble and respectful about playing a big club in a World famous stadium. They were a bunch of pricks from the second I left my apartment until I just got in 15mins ago. Very small time whopperish behaviour in town and outside/inside the ground.

what a pompous arse!

Guest Fulham Jambo 2.0

From your very own fans:

Livbevs on RAWK:

Got to admit I thought the Hearts fans might of been humble and respectful about playing a big club in a World famous stadium. They were a bunch of pricks from the second I left my apartment until I just got in 15mins ago. Very small time whopperish behaviour in town and outside/inside the ground.

what a pompous arse!

although there is a VERY similar post from one of the diseased over on www.weraregonnawalkthediddycupthistimehonestweareandifyoudontagreeillscreamandscreamuntiliamsickyoujustwaitandseeohshitwejustgotknockedoutbydumfriesutd.net

Pants Shaton

Wouldn't you Liverpool fans feel more comfortable on an Aberdeen forum, reminiscing about the 80s when you were actually important?

Fermit the Krog

627710_o.gif

heartsfc_fan

I found Liverpool and it's people an absolute pleasure.

I did aswell.

I was in the Arkles bar and it was a mixture of Hearts and Liverpool fans. Everybody was getting on well.

Getintaethem

Completely enjoyed my trip to Liverpool. Good banter with the locals and a great atmosphere in the ground.

I don't support any English teams so don't have any prejudged idea's on LFC. They were the better team on the night and although we ran them close they were the one's who qualified. Good luck to them. Until we meet again.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Had 3 different Liverpool supporters buy me a pint and got discount by an Evertonian Cabby on the way to the ground....:thumbsup:

A great friendly bunch imo.

I found Liverpool and it's people an absolute pleasure.

Had an excellent time but knew that I would as I have always had a cracking time down there.

Good people and no hassle at all, have had more grief on a night out here.

Have to ask though WTF is whopperish behaviour?? :blink:

Have never heard that word in my puff.

Looking forward to Switzerland, Ross County away should be a good laugh!!

Should be, enjoy your struggle to mid table mediocrity and reliving past glories.

Try not to steal too many toblerones now will you??

that's not even remotely funny

It's not. 39 Juve fans were murdered and Liverpool got English sides banned for five years.

:(

Some people on this could pick an argument with a brick wall fs. Games over, I had a brilliant time in Liverpool and im sure the majority of other hearts fans there did too. The ones that didnt are the ones that were looking for something to moan about.

There really are some pathetic people on here, almost trying to out do each other on I hate everyone/ Im a better fan. This board really has gone to the dogs. We have fans from other teams and I actually appreciate opposing views as it sometimes helps not to see with maroon tinted specs, Andylfc states his opinion, others are whining about a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool board and then the comments about a tragedy that happened, not amusing, perhaps you think the coach accident being mentioned by other fans as a dig at us would be acceptable? Few people on this board really need to grow the .... up!

I'm ashamed to be classed along side you as a Jambo

Archived