Your Favourite European Trip

JamboBen

Right with Europe not that far away again

What is everyone's favourite memories and favourite European Trips following the jambos

I have to many good memories of European Trips to pick one

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paris for the huge support under the Eiffel tower

Munich for the bier

Basel for the result and working trams.

Probably Basel for the all-round experience.

Zagreb was great aside from the match as I made a wee city break of it and it's probably somewhere I wouldn't have thought of going before.

London last year was class apart from me travelling down on the megabus while suffering from food poisoning! :yucky:

Dagger Is Back

Majorca. Had a week there with the mates staying in a villa. We had a brilliant time - so many great stories.

I have done

majorca

bordeaux

stuttgart

prague

zagrab

london

feyenoord

This season ?

But everyone trip was fanastic, and again so many good stories and memories

What a question.

I've done

Dublin

Munich

Stuttgart

Basel

Rotterdam

Braga

Prague (twice)

Liege

Mostar (NK Siroki Brijeg)

Athens

Budapest/Szekesfehervar

Bordeaux

London

Madrid

Mallorca

And out of that lot, Bordeaux for the result and atmosphere, Braga for the adventure to get there and fact it was a lovely place and we got a great result, and Athens for the sightseeing and weather.

Loved all my european trips but Athens just shades it for me. The whole experience was amazing. Flew from Manchester via Prague then out of all the teams we could have played next we got Sparta! The hearts are having a sauna.....

Radioactive Mince

Coach trip to Braga. Superb. :-)

I was on that coach! Was amazing but torture at the same time. Most pished I've ever been, for the whole week. Weirdly enough, I was telling someone at work the stories from that trip tonight.

Braga

Athens

Prague

Budapest/Szekesfehervar

London

My least favourite was Prague, mostly 'cause of a nightmare journey there right enough. The rest were great in their own way, Braga best for the result and the stories. Athens was fantastic for many reasons (weather & food being main ones - LOVE Greek cuisine) but the actual football was shit. Never forget Mole... It's a tough choice. Different stages of my life. The march from Syntagma Sq. for what seemed like many miles was great. The 50?C tube journey was not. Probably one of the worst experiences I've had. Genuinely thought I was gonna die on that train.

Feck it, a Braga & Athens tie.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Hamburg was pretty good if you like that sort of thing. thumbsup.gif

Braga just shades it over Basel due to the afternoon spent baking in the sunshine in the square with what seemed like thousands of Jambos before witnessing a heroic performance. Basel was my first win at the tenth attempt but it was feckin freezin!

London last year was class apart from me travelling down on the megabus while suffering from food poisoning! :yucky:

I bet you were popular! I've done Prague and London, both were great but Prague shades it.

Been to Amsterdam twice with Scotland, in my experience Hearts trips are much more enjoyable.

Nucky Thompson

I've also done loads, but Bordeaux is the best followed by Majorca, only because it involved a weeks holiday in Magaluf

PsychocAndy

Berwick about 1978 can't remember if it was a league or cup game as we were shite at the time and you only played each team 3 times, 2 home 1 away or the reverse.

Also at the PSG v Hearts game but out the 2 I'd prefer Berwick.

Ive done

Dublin

Liege

Stuttgart

Prague

London

Athens

Reykjavik

Sarajevo.

Sarajevo was a culture shock. I had always wanted to vist Iceland, lovely place. Athens cos it was the Champions league. Prague beautiful city. Liege went buy bus-nightmare.. Prague be my favourite, followed by WHL..

gordon the jambo

Isle of Mann

Bordeaux

Basil

Prague

All great times with great friends

Braga due to the laugh on the bus, Mr Romanov coming in to save us at that time, Hearts making the group stage and Super Bock!

Braga was outstanding.

Bordeaux is a close second for me.

Was also in Basel which was baltic.

Hope we get a decent country to go to in the qualifier. Would love to miss the big teams and get through to the group stage so we can get a few overseas trips!!!

Weebroon98

Vienna was a good trip, green tree bus took about a week there and back

The Great Khali

Great topic.

Braga was my first trip. Great result, great bevvy, great weather, great atmosphere in the square.

Zagreb was unreal (apart from the game) never, ever been so drunk for 4 days straight as I was on that trip. So many highlights plus the journey to get there! Edinburgh to Paris. Paris to Ljunbjiana. Then the 3 hour train into Zagreb. With the Hearts songs pumpin on the stereo. And the class family we met who dished out the beers. Met some cracking folk on that trip, a couple of which we saw at the final. First time in ages.

The tram from the boozer to the ground. Hearts on one side, Blue boys on the other singing songs to each other. Very intense atmsosphere but loved every minute of it! I'll never

Forget the guy who thought it was a good idea to shove balloons in a Zagreb fans face as soon as he got on the tram. Cue him gettin dragged of by the cops, kilt up, baws oot.

If you're on here please own up :rofl:

bigis semiauskas

Bologna,stayed in Rimini place was deserted as we drove in cos o the time of year,coudnt find our hotel then seen a Hearts flag hanging over balcony,sorted.

then pumped 3-0 after winning 3-1 first leg.

Only been on two, Bordeaux and Feyenoord.

Both great trips, but Bordeaux was the best.

Planes, trains & automobiles to get there, and then a night in Paris on the return leg.

Tres bon!!!!

onetruejambo

Siroki Brejig (Mostar)

Cracking we city which I have revisted since with bullet holes for memories!!

Who was all in the pub when the Feynoord dicks attacked it?? Id just been to the bar after spendign about half an hour there. Collected two pints of vodka redbull, then those fandans charged the pub, big massive sway almost led to me dropping ma drinks, lol I was on ma back on the steps coming down fi the bar but still managed no ti spill a drop. Im sure the white widow helped!!

Sexton Hardcastle

Yup.

Had to scale a fence to get get away from the rascals. Order was shortly restored by the riot cops. Mind one of their boys took quite a hiding from them.

Fxxx the SPFL

I was on that coach! Was amazing but torture at the same time. Most pished I've ever been, for the whole week. Weirdly enough, I was telling someone at work the stories from that trip tonight.

Braga

Athens

Prague

Budapest/Szekesfehervar

London

My least favourite was Prague, mostly 'cause of a nightmare journey there right enough. The rest were great in their own way, Braga best for the result and the stories. Athens was fantastic for many reasons (weather & food being main ones - LOVE Greek cuisine) but the actual football was shit. Never forget Mole... It's a tough choice. Different stages of my life. The march from Syntagma Sq. for what seemed like many miles was great. The 50?C tube journey was not. Probably one of the worst experiences I've had. Genuinely thought I was gonna die on that train.

Feck it, a Braga & Athens tie.

I think me and the missus were on that trip was it organised by derek crosbie, stopped off for a night in san sebastion me and the wife were totally snotered dont know how we made the bus, I remember playin footie on the beach and buying massive cups of voddie and coke from a wee beach hut. I still managed to climb the lifeguards tower waving the hearts flag.:whistling:

Many great trips but Sarajevo was the best by a long way.

It certainly was Hydepark

then the other 2 bosnian trips come 2nd and 3rd

hmfc_liam06

As I've only been to London, that will be my favourite!

Hopefully get the second trip in this year!

Prince Buaben

London was my first but hopefully not my last one. :thumbsup:

London was the only 1 i cld go to due to work commitments.

The bus journey overnite-lots of singing

The hotel-slept for 3hrs then travelled bk in2 the centre of london to HAMILTON HALL &THE RAILWAY TAVERN,bumping intae folk u ken that u havent seen in ages.

Giving the locals a fright cos they didnt thnk there wld be a scottish club outwith the OF that cld be so loud!

singing with pride at WHL even arry was surprised.

Laughin when jamie mac saved their penalty.

Wandering round picadilly,trafalgar sq & westminster in my hearts top having locals asking who we are.

Getting drunk b4 & after game.

walking round the emirates stadium singin hearts songs.

Loved the whole experience.

The Mighty Thor

Paris was fantastic as it was my first trip away.

Prague was a tremendous trip as was Bordeaux

but the best for me was the game agianst St Pats in Dublin which was a fecking hoot from start to finish

super_vlad

Not sure i have a fave, all of them i've being on have being excellent!

Prague - the amount of jambos in the main square, plus the city in general, the piper in crowd!

Zagreb- The whole 5 days we went travelling around that area were amazing, plus the hottest women!!!woot.gifwoot.gif

Budapest - Again it was only about 3-400 jambos there but we made ourselves heard! The train back was unbelievable! One of the city in the world you really need to go to i think!

Pre-season trips to germany have being great, hamburg was amazing being on the reepbahn and singing hearts songs!

London was the only downer for me, far too many part timers who tag along and acted like ******* tubes!

For me it's a tie between Prague and Athens!

Athens was Glasgow - Malia - Athens - Malia - Glasgow, booked a weeks 18-30's in malia and then seperate flights to athens and back.

Highlights were the march to the station, the weather and the incredible noise from 11-1200 hundred of us! The underground train and the riot police were scary as hell though!

Edit: Also just remembered that we had to look after a jambo's bag for the first day or so in Malia because he was that blootered he had left it on the bus transferring us from the Airport. Sure he is on here as something like Jambo Ally!

Prague was Edinburgh - Belfast - Prague - Belfast - Edinburgh

Highlights were 2500 a side football in old town square during the day, pre match steak and a bottle of bubbly for a tenner, the fact they had whole roast chickens instead of halftime pies, the burdz and again an incedible effort from the fans at the game!

Also I still have no idea how we made the flight back to Belfast on the Saturday morning, we were in the pub from midday friday until half 9 saturday morning before noticing the time, our check in closed at 10!! Got to the airport by the skin of our teeth and to this day I have no idea how we managed to get on that flight, how drunk do you need to be before they don't let you fly?

I've only done Prague and London.

Both amazing, but Prague definitely one of my best experiences as a jambo.

Been to Braga, Basel, Prague & Zagreb.

Braga was the best for me, by a distance.

Archived