The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

BelgeJambo

Do they not still have GRFC on their shirts?

Taking the piss

Clerry Jambo

Steven Gerrard wants Jermain Defoe and Lucas Leiva as the blue riband signings of his Rangers revolution. (Scottish Sun)

Steven Gerrard wantsEngland veteran Jermain Defoe and Liverpool hitman Dominic Solanke to spearhead his Rangers attack next season. (Daily Record)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Steven Gerrard wants Jermain Defoe and Lucas Leiva as the blue riband signings of his Rangers revolution. (Scottish Sun)

Steven Gerrard wantsEngland veteran Jermain Defoe and Liverpool hitman Dominic Solanke to spearhead his Rangers attack next season. (Daily Record)

It's impossible to believe that Rangers have the money to do deals like that. Arfield and McGregor, fine. Maybe even McBurnie. But Jermain Defoe??

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It's impossible to believe that Rangers have the money to do deals like that. Arfield and McGregor, fine. Maybe even McBurnie. But Jermain Defoe??

I get the feeling Rangers are going All-in, do everything/anything to stop 10IAR  and be damned with the cost, take the hit come back as v3.0 and repeat,  They are chip low, and getting closer to not having enough for the wee blind in a few hands,  thing is they are playing happy families with poker stars

36 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Let's be honest.  Defoe isn't some kind of mercenary that would go somewhere just for money............................

Even at 35, he won't be on any less than 50K a week.   Please, please sign him.

Lucas will be on over 50k a week, Solanke probably will too.

If these stories are true about Gerrard wanting these guys, he is in for a hell of a shock very, very soon.

It would seem that next season rangers are pretty much playing all their cards in the hope of getting champs league money. The wage they have agreed with Arfield is eye watering for this league. I’d imagine if they can and do lure Skertel/Lucas/Defoe as they want they’d be on huge wages as well. Unsustainable without the European money coming in. Very much win or bust for them now, if these transfers ever come to fruition. 

Escobar PHM
52 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Lucas will be on over 50k a week, Solanke probably will too.

If these stories are true about Gerrard wanting these guys, he is in for a hell of a shock very, very soon.

Story says they are looking at loans, not purchases. Even so, the loan fee for someone like Defoe would be in the ballpark of £3 million per season

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wonder if all of this is to try and boost their season ticket sales. I would be shocked if even a fraction of this happened. With the supposedly precarious state of their finances the question the press should be asking is where's the money for all of this coming from. They won't and will just continue to churn out the Traynor bullshit.

doctor jambo

£6million warchest would not even cover the wages of these guys for a year

rangers have still not paid for the guys they agreed to buy last year

I suspect that having played in the alternative universe that is the EPL, Gerrard has no concept as to the fiscal reality outside that bubble-  he probably thinks of £50k per week as pretty low  ( its probably somewhat lower than he was paying in tax per week!)

Unknown user
11 hours ago, frankblack said:

But isn't the Tax Man the major creditor who is asking for the full amount with no flexibility?

They can ask all they like, once it gets to this stage they're a pence in the pound creditor like everyone else

What's going to happen here is Celtic will sit back and watch this circus unfold. See what Gerrard has brought in then go out and trump them on every signing. Not great news for the rest of us...apart from when Gerrard goes they'll be left with a ridiculously unaffordable squad and Celtic will romp the league again.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Let's be honest.  Defoe isn't some kind of mercenary that would go somewhere just for money............................

Even at 35, he won't be on any less than 50K a week.   Please, please sign him.

But let's be honest, Defoe's a cracking player, I'd be concerned if they signed him. 

Seymour M Hersh

If they are signed on loan der hun will only be paying a % of the weekly wage. That will be negotiated by the clubs. This is allowing the weejia to have these sort of headlines. Take Defoe if, as someone said, he's on 60k per week if der hun negotiated to only pay 10% that's 6k and easily afforded by them I would suggest. Doubt it would be that small a % but you get the drift and it is feasible. Hence all the weejia speculation.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I get the feeling Rangers are going All-in, do everything/anything to stop 10IAR  and be damned with the cost, take the hit come back as v3.0 and repeat,  They are chip low, and getting closer to not having enough for the wee blind in a few hands,  thing is they are playing happy families with poker stars

I'd be delighted for Rangers to do that. They forget that Celtic have amassed huge amounts of money over the last few years and if it looks like Rangers will put up more of a challenge then Celtic will just go out and buy even better players to guarantee the league.

Rangers dying again would be wonderful.

27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If they are signed on loan der hun will only be paying a % of the weekly wage. That will be negotiated by the clubs. This is allowing the weejia to have these sort of headlines. Take Defoe if, as someone said, he's on 60k per week if der hun negotiated to only pay 10% that's 6k and easily afforded by them I would suggest. Doubt it would be that small a % but you get the drift and it is feasible. Hence all the weejia speculation.

Still a fair whack of money involved I all of this. Bournemouth in particular might well want the vast majority of Defoes wage covered. They still have to stump up the agreed million for Murphy.  Lots of speculation in the papers about players leaving for huge amounts. Most of it absolutely hilarious. Interesting that all these papers lap this stuff up but none of them want to shine a spotlight on the finances.

See all this oldco, newco stuff. Is the name that rangers are now registered with the SFA, the same name they were registered with before liquidation? If it's not the same name, why would a team/club need to do that?  

Brave Hearts
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Or just playing ‘donkey’ to see who is left at the end as the real donkey - hopefully it’s the Lying King

I don't see how they can buy players whilst having no money, relying on a potentially illegal share issue, and still comply with the financial rules. I really don't understand why the Scottish football governing body allows them to operate in this way when it's heading the same way as last time

Captain Canada

Nothing seems to have been learnt from their original demise. I can only see it going the same way again. Celtic are cash-rich and Rangers need to realise they're a long way behind on and off the park. This infatuation with stopping 10 in a row will potentially be the end of them again. 

They haven't paid a fee for any players yet. The talk of big money for Skrtel is a Jabba moonbeam. Let's remember plenty huns are probably still on the renewal fence and need cajoling on pish about 4m transfers.

Haven't read this thread for a good few days but have just read Kings statement from last week. If I read it correctly in addition to any cash he MAY have put in he has provided guarantees for millions. Now that's a perfectly acceptable way of doing things in the business world but I find myself thinking that as he now claims that TOP can't really do anything to him as all his assets are in South Africa how will the people who he's given the guarantees to ever make him honour them if he has nothing that the British courts can touch. It also sounds like they are going to run at a deliberate and increasing loss until they topple Celtic and get into the champions league. I can seriously see that using that as a business strategy will see them go bust before they get anywhere near Celtic. 10 in a row is getting closer all the time so they will ramp up their borrowing and spending over the next few years so it might happen sooner than we think! 

jambovambo

I saw a pretty comprehensive analysis comparing Celtic v Sevco finances via Twitter the other day - can’t remember whose - and not one of the usual suspects. 

Pretty damning and laying out how it would take years and tears for sevco to even dent Celtic’s situation. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

But let's be honest, Defoe's a cracking player, I'd be concerned if they signed him. 

When has an older player ever came from the EPL and done well up here? 

Barton, senderos etc etc all these kind of players fail up here.

anyway where's the money for the shares per TOP?  When's the lifesaving share issue?    Not a peep for the peepul!

jambovambo
23 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

I saw a pretty comprehensive analysis comparing Celtic v Sevco finances via Twitter the other day - can’t remember whose - and not one of the usual suspects. 

Pretty damning and laying out how it would take years and tears for sevco to even dent Celtic’s situation. 

“years and tears” ... unintentional by me but actually ... much better !

1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

“years and tears” ... unintentional by me but actually ... much better !

The Limpopo Liar will be okay though, sipping chardonnay behind his wire fence, while the People are fed to the wolves and Mordor is bought by Lidl. 

34 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Robbie Keane?

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Robbie Keane?

One player.  Gravesen, ljungberg, Roy Keane and all them.  Total pish.

The Gasman
3 hours ago, Elmore said:

See all this oldco, newco stuff. Is the name that rangers are now registered with the SFA, the same name they were registered with before liquidation? If it's not the same name, why would a team/club need to do that?  

Slightly off topic, but the Pie Man changed our name to Hearts FC (he thought it sounded more modern!) and one of the first things Romanov did on gaining control, was to change it back to Heart of Midlothian FC.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

David Weir springs to mind but not many more to be fair. Defoe's a quality striker though, he'd score a hatful up here IMO

sandylejambo

I don't think Bournemouth will pay Defoe to play for someone else, when fit he plays for them, if The rangers want him I'm pretty sure they will have to pay the wages, he's someone I would go and see twice a season, or once if the SPFL has anything to do with it.

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

David Weir springs to mind but not many more to be fair. Defoe's a quality striker though, he'd score a hatful up here IMO

Michael Stewart as well (if you include his move to Sportscene).

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Deevers said:

Still a fair whack of money involved I all of this. Bournemouth in particular might well want the vast majority of Defoes wage covered. They still have to stump up the agreed million for Murphy.  Lots of speculation in the papers about players leaving for huge amounts. Most of it absolutely hilarious. Interesting that all these papers lap this stuff up but none of them want to shine a spotlight on the finances.

You're absolutely correct in saying clubs will want more than 10 or 20% paid by the tribute act but I was just showing how the whores in the glasgow media will twist it to make a positive hun story (sells their rags I suppose).

If you examine what Defoe is on at Bournemouth (£65k a week) on a contract that runs till 2020 there is ZERO chance of him signing for Sevco. It's laughable hun moonbeams. 

A lot of the press will just run with anything really.  The Skrtel story is an absolute belter.  4m is ridiculous enough but he is 33 years old ffs.  If Celtic signed a 33yr old for that amount they'd be mental (assuming it wasn't Ronaldo or something).

The fantastical Chinese Morelos bid is many times more believable than the 4m bid for Skrtel.

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That’s not usually theway it works down south. They use loan fees. Too complicated to mess around with who pays what %age of a  players salary. Could be that Rangers could pay the loan fee on a weekly basis but unlikely. 

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s not usually theway it works down south. They use loan fees. Too complicated to mess around with who pays what %age of a  players salary. Could be that Rangers could pay the loan fee on a weekly basis but unlikely. 

Sevco don't pay on a weekly basis they pay on the never never

Footballfirst
6 hours ago, jamboz said:

Anyone know if the TOP have responded to the lying kings statement?

There was another TOP petition to the CoS on Tuesday. I don't know the details of what was being requested though. It wasn't discussed in open court.

Rangers financial position is looking cheerier with the news Jamie Murphy has signed. Unless the £1 million quoted wasn't really true. 

August Landmesser
23 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Aaron Hughes?

Escobar PHM
23 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Butcher, Wilkins, Gascoigne, Steven, Stephens, Souness, Woods, Hateley, Roberts, Gordon, Sutton, Bellamy, Kanchelskis etc etc ad infinitum

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Butcher, Wilkins, Gascoigne, Steven, Stephens, Souness, Woods, Hateley, Roberts, Gordon, Sutton, Bellamy, Kanchelskis etc etc ad infinitum

I agree, its been over a decade

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

I agree, its been over a decade

The money on offer basically dictated the quality of the player making the move up here. 

jamboy1982
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Don’t think these players were older when they signed for the old rangers 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic