The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

marshallschunkychicken

<p>

Highlights from a quick read of the accounts

• There is a hefty Operating loss of ?9.94M
  • Final ST sales came in at 26,515 with an average price (net of VAT) of ?237
  • ?The Group or Company has not made any qualifying third-party indemnity provisions for the benefit of its Directors during the period.?
  • Shareholder loans currently stand at ?3.75M, of which ?1.5M is King?s
  • Cash used in Operations (Cash burn) ?12.18M
  • Cash burn financed by ?8.75M loans and ?2.844M share issue
  • Cash in the bank at 30 June ?1.091M
  • Staff costs of ?13.29M against a turnover of ?16.47M gives a true wage to turnover ratio of 80.7%
  • RRL profit was ?2.173M for the year to April 2015 (Shared with SD)
  • Inter company debt to due by TRFC now up to ?18.099M
  • "The Group paid SDI Retail Services Limited ?620,000 in respect of the costs of closure of stores"
  • A hearing was held on 29/30 October re the ?250K EBT fine which is disputed by the club.

Any idea why the MASH loan of ?5m isn't showing under the shareholder loan figure above, FF?

So what does this mean for Sevco?

Nothing other than their fans are desperate to win this case so they can pretend the liquidation was a great injustice.

Footballfirst

Any idea why the MASH loan of ?5m isn't showing under the shareholder loan figure above, FF?

The loan isn't from the shareholder, MASH, but from Sports Direct International.

Footballfirst

So hmrc will be first in the queue ahead of creditors?

They won't be ahead of any other creditor. It's just that they will take a bigger share of the pot.

That assumes that the Oldco doesn't appeal to the Supreme Court.

I suspect that HMRC will now take a very close look at the fraud trial regarding the sale of Oldco.  I would imagine that if the courts prove that there was criminal conspiracy to place Oldco into liquidation and sell off the assets to Newco at a reduced value then there may be some legal recourse.

Now that would be funny.  Back to the 3rd Division.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect ?200, but give all your assets to HMRC.......

Seeing as all the Orcs and their sympathisers claim they're the same club as before would BDO be looking for a contribution for the EBT tax bill from Kings merry band of men?

alex thomson ?@alextomo ? 3m3 minutes ago

So Rangers are found to have won a series of titles whilst comprehensively cheating the tax man.

:alex:

alex thomson ?@alextomo ? 6m6 minutes ago

The judgement is comprehensive and damning on Rangers - EBTs should have attracted PAYE no ifs, no buts

Edited by jambovambo

Oldco

FF,

If LNS had waited till the due process and appeals had completed, how likely would his view still have been of no sporting advantage?

Or would Brysons Law still take precedence?

Felix Lighter

Will this have any bearing on their claim to trophies won as Oldco?

With only ?1m in the bank and monthly running costs, various legal liabilities pending, SD ?5m due it's going to be some size of a hat that's needed to be passed round to collect the offerings.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Ding Ding! Round...?

I'd like this to be a knockout blow, but I'll wait until I hear positive spin from Ibrox, before getting all misty eyed.

I don't think it impacts on Rangers mark 2 except that it might nail the beliefs of the faithful that they are the same club.

Accounts per Sky Sports suggests that they need ?2.5m to see their way to the end of the season.

Rangers mark 3?

So what does this mean for Sevco?

Not a whole lot since they are in liquidation. It merely earmarks more of what is recovered for HMRC coffers rather than other creditors.

However there is a possible impact on the recipients of the EBT's IMO.Their historical earnings have now been established as being taxable. Whether they knew that or not and despite what they thought they were signing up for, that tax liability surely still exists and if it cant be recovered from the liquidated company surely HMRC can go to the direct beneficiaries (the players) and recover it from them ?

There is also a far more wide ranging impact on some of the big clubs in England who were also operating EBT's and they will now be shiting themselves.

I wonder who was paying on behalf of Oldco to defend this case ?

Edited by CollyWolly

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pleasing that Hector finally won.

Irrelevant to the future of Sevco unless oldco benefit from fraud convictions from Chuck Green, the founding father.

williejamiesonlesftfoot

They will get soft loans of 2.5 million im sure.

But Mike Ashleys 5m is due soon. Im sure there will be no money to pay it back. What honestly do folk think MA will do if it doesnt get paid back?

Footballfirst

FF,

If LNS had waited till the due process and appeals had completed, how likely would his view still have been of no sporting advantage?

Or would Brysons Law still take precedence?

In my view the LNS decision on no sporting advantage should be revisited (I very much doubt that it will though).  LNS' view was formed on the basis of EBTs being a legal form of remuneration which was thus available to any other club. LNS also failed to consider the "wee tax case" which was illegal.  Thus there was no sanction against the club on that charge.

Bryson's Law effectively diminished the non disclosure of the side letters with their contracts as an administrative error, hence the players were still eligible to play.  The club was still found guilty and fined ?250,000, which is still outstanding, although  according to the accounts a tribunal was held on 29/30 October. The result has not been announced.

Footballfirst

The ?2.5M requirement is a bit lower than I expected.

I am forming a view that King wants Ashley to pull the plug on the club sooner rather than later.  Special Resolution 11 is aimed at removing Ashley's voting rights.

Pleasing that Hector finally won.

Irrelevant to the future of Sevco unless oldco benefit from fraud convictions from Chuck Green, the founding father.

If HMRC had not won it would have been a sad day for honest taxpayers.

Will any money hmrc get out of all of this even cover their costs?

Its not about the Sevco money for HMRC. It probably isn't recoverable to any great degree unless they can go after the employees who benefitted. Its about establishing the legal precedent so they can go after City, Utd and Chelsea amongst others.

Edited by CollyWolly

Footballfirst

Without a doubt.  They will get around two thirds of the ?18M in the creditors pot, and now they have the precedent they require to pursue other football clubs and companies who used EBTs.

Edited by Footballfirst

Rudolf's Mate

In a lot of cases with HMRC it doesn't however it's more them sending a warning to others that they will not relent when they believe there's been wrongdoing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Always got the feeling HMRC went for rangers as being the easy target. Wonder how many out of court settlements some of the big guns will make in the coming months?

Always got the feeling HMRC went for rangers as being the easy target. Wonder how many out of court settlements some of the big guns will make in the coming months?

That would be none I would think. HMRC don't negotiate on outstanding tax amounts. They can negotiate on time to pay but if you are liable for tax, you are liable for all of it.

Jambof3tornado

What exactly is stopping HMRC pursuing the individual recipient's for income tax due?

Bob the self employed builder would be in jail by now if he had non disclosed income of a few thousand never mind several hundreds of thousands.

One thing I don't get is, if HMRC won the appeal, how do they get reimbursed as such? Won't they be compensated?

Totally (almost ) off subject but one of the 3 bears John Gilligan has went back to work. He has been appointed sales Director with Wallces TCB (Tennents), his 'old' employer. Needing more income perchance?

One thing I don't get is, if HMRC won the appeal, how do they get reimbursed as such? Won't they be compensated?

It is difficult to see where compensation would come from except to give them a larger share of the carcass to the detriment of other creditors.

I'm sure the HMRC line was never about simply beating Rangers.  They were probably the first club they looked at but, if they win, as they have done, that creates a strong base to get money more easily out of other big clubs using a similar EBT scheme.  A sprat to catch a mackerel.

What exactly is stopping HMRC pursuing the individual recipient's for income tax due?

Bob the self employed builder would be in jail by now if he had non disclosed income of a few thousand never mind several hundreds of thousands.

That may yet happen.

That would be none I would think. HMRC don't negotiate on outstanding tax amounts. They can negotiate on time to pay but if you are liable for tax, you are liable for all of it.

Unless you are Vodafone or some other donor to the Nasty Party that is

I remember all the Huns on the Clyde 1 phone in crowing when the FTTT result came in.

Vindicated they were. Went into administration for nothing so they did. Witch hunt it was.

:kirklol:

The ?2.5M requirement is a bit lower than I expected.

I am forming a view that King wants Ashley to pull the plug on the club sooner rather than later.  Special Resolution 11 is aimed at removing Ashley's voting rights.

Do you know how much debt they owe all in?

Footballfirst

That may yet happen.

I think its highly doubtful. Most of the players had indemnity letters confirming that the club would be liable for any future tax assessments.

Unless you are Vodafone or some other donor to the Nasty Party that is

Or your tax liability is not proven, is in a grey area and the liability hasn't been tested in court or they(HMRC) feel they would lose if they did test it ? None of which now applies to EBTs

Edited by CollyWolly

I can't imagine that Resolution 11 will be submitted without a legal challenge from Ashley. From his point of view, he has bought shares in a business which traded on a recognised exchange. Since then, the method of easily trading these shares has been removed, and now the voting rights associated with these shares are to be withdrawn on a whim. I suspect Mr Ashley could now claim that his shares are worthless, and take action against those who have made them worthless. 

Footballfirst

Do you know how much debt they owe all in?

?8.75M between MASH, King and the 3 Bears.

There are always other creditors waiting to be paid but there is nothing out of the ordinary there that I can see.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic