The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jamboinglasgow

You can usually get a general feeling of what state your club is in by the clubs social media. The folk on FF are so worried, i can't help but feel sorry for the real supporters. Even five year ago i wouldn't have belieived of the underhand dealings by the scumbags

Same here, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, the current board is taking them for a ride and King is trying to get fans to pay for him to own the club. The fans are left fork out their money for no clear plan or direction where the club are heading. You can say a lot about Rangers fans but they have been putting their money into the club for the last two years with good attendences, but will season ticket rises, bickering between board and King, money flying out of the club, McCoist producing awful football on the pitch despite having 20x (at least) the budget of their rivals push them over the edge, or will a humiliation tomorrow at Ibrox against a team they hate recently cause the fans to rise up.

Gigolo-Aunt

You can usually get a general feeling of what state your club is in by the clubs social media. The folk on FF are so worried, i can't help but feel sorry for the real supporters. Even five year ago i wouldn't have belieived of the underhand dealings by the scumbags

Good post.

At least we know our goal and the direction we want to go - Rangers are all over the shop.

Footballfirst

Bill McMurdo, as ever, has stuck his oar into the debate on the side of the Board, basically saying that King's actions will galvanise supporters into renewing.

http://billmcmurdo.w...ould-be-king-2/

On the other side of the fence are the "Sons of Struth", who strike me as representing the bulk of the "loyal" bluenoses (pun intended) and were able to gain support of 30K fans to participate in a blue card display.

I honestly don't know who is going to come out on top in this battle, but currently it's the Board who are holding the cards closest to their chests, although I very much doubt that's it's a winning hand.

Edited by Footballfirst

tartofmidlothian

Good post.

At least we know our goal and the direction we want to go - Rangers are all over the shop.

:spoton:

Those who created this mess are long gone, and for every horrific arsehole in their support there'll be many more ordinary fans who just want to enjoy the football with none of this crap. I'm almost starting to believe the "we've suffered enough" chat.

Still doesn't mean I can't chuckle at last Sunday or hope that all their current problems come home to roost when we're in direct competition with them.

Gigolo-Aunt

:spoton:

Those who created this mess are long gone, and for every horrific arsehole in their support there'll be many more ordinary fans who just want to enjoy the football with none of this crap. I'm almost starting to believe the "we've suffered enough" chat.

Still doesn't mean I can't chuckle at last Sunday or hope that all their current problems come home to roost when we're in direct competition with them.

Sounds like you an ordinary football fan yourself - I'm with you on what you say above.

I can't see Rangers competing over 90 mlns with Dun Utd tomorrow, and with the game being at Ibrox rather than Hampden (Mount Florida) the 30,000+ fans may just let of steam. As said earlier, Hearts have been lucky with a united, directed support. The Gers by nature of their size, were always going to be pulled from pillar to post by chancers and opportunists.

The Comedian

We'll find out a bit about Rangers the morn. Is this team there for a easy payday lifting 10k for beating joiners or are they up for the club and fighting for the manager?

Apparently outside Celtic, Dundee United have the best record at Ibrox. I doubt they'll give a **** about that collection of individuals.

United win.

We'll find out a bit about Rangers the morn. Is this team there for a easy payday lifting 10k for beating joiners or are they up for the club and fighting for the manager?

Apparently outside Celtic, Dundee United have the best record at Ibrox. I doubt they'll give a **** about that collection of individuals.

United win.

And the rest.

Footballfirst

This document has surfaced on TSFM from another blog. If genuine, it implicitly provides the SPL's blessing for Sevco Scotland registered players to play their first match against Brechin in July 2012.

http://thefrontofthe...w-club.html?m=1

SPL1.jpg

SPL2.jpg

SPL3.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

jamboinglasgow

This document has surfaced on TSFM from another blog. If genuine, it implicitly provides the SPL's blessing for Sevco Scotland registered players to play their first match against Brechin in July 2012.

http://thefrontofthe...w-club.html?m=1

Sorry to sound thick, why would they need the SPL's blessing for players in the league cup, surely that is a matter with the SFL.

Footballfirst

Sorry to sound thick, why would they need the SPL's blessing for players in the league cup, surely that is a matter with the SFL.

Oldco Rangers still had the SPL Share at that date. Thus Oldco ("the Company") still held the registrations of the players. Sevco needed the registrations switched (transferred) to Sevco Scotland in order that Sevco could play Brechin on 29th July.

Edit: It was Duff & Phelps, on behalf of Oldco, who needed to facilitate this with the SPL.

Edited by Footballfirst

jamboinglasgow

Oldco Rangers still had the SPL Share at that date. Thus Oldco ("the Company") still held the registrations of the players. Sevco needed the registrations switched (transferred) to Sevco Scotland in order that Sevco could play Brechin on 29th July.

But is there anything wrong with that (again being thick but just want to get my head around that document and if it is significant if real.)

Footballfirst

But is there anything wrong with that (again being thick but just want to get my head around that document and if it is significant if real.)

I guess it's part of the same club / new club argument. To my mind, it reinforces the view that there were two clubs in existence at the end of July and that it wasn't the club who we knew as "Rangers" who played Brechin.

The SPL are on record (as part of the LNS decision documents) as stating that "Rangers" remained an SPL Club until 3rd Aug when the share was transferred to Dundee. If they were still an "SPL" club, then they couldn't have played Brechin in the Ramsden's Cup.

jamboinglasgow

I guess it's part of the same club / new club argument. To my mind, it reinforces the view that there were two clubs in existence at the end of July and that it wasn't the club who we knew as "Rangers" who played Brechin.

The SPL are on record (as part of the LNS decision documents) as stating that "Rangers" remained an SPL Club until 3rd Aug when the share was transferred to Dundee. If they were still an "SPL" club, then they couldn't have played Brechin in the Ramsden's Cup.

Ok thanks for that. It just murky the deals done behind closed doors in that summer and other months. I do wonder what would happen if current Rangers go into administration again by next season so they should start with -25, further transfer bans etc, but that could put their promotion to the Premiership in trouble. What I question is how much the SPFL are banking on Rangers being in the Premiership by 2015 for commercial deals. If them not being in there by then is a possibility, would they be more forgiving with punishments?

Rick Grimes

It must be hell to be a Ger just now.............

:cheese:

The folk on FF are so worried

:cheese:

Humility may come from a second collapse?

:lol:

No!

The current board say they are consulting their lawyers............the one thing they cannot afford is for it to go to court.

King with others would then be able to ask the key questions, the answers to which have so far have not come into the public domain

Its a power struggle once more and this time the fans do have the power to force change but it could come at a cost.

The current board need the funds from the season tickets unless they are willing to 'invest' more money...........the only options may be selling the club to another party or caving in and King has made that difficult to do by becoming an outsider to the board.

Charlie-Brown

FF don't waste your time trying to unravel the logic behind a fiction created and perpetuated by idiots who think we zip up the back just as they do if the believe such nonsense and guff.

IMO King wants Rangers in Administration this season. Points deduction won't effect their promotion. He rides in a picks them up for a knock-down price - or whatever - as sole owner.

If he gets them out before the start of next season, no points deduction and debt gone - got rid of Fat Sally and his huge wages and many of the players without having to pay off contracts etc.

Not correct, though. If they get into administration one day after the season ends (a day after the last game of their division One), the points deduction is applied in the next season, ie in the Championship.

Naturally, if they hit administration before the season ends, in the few remaining weeks, the point deduction is applied in the current season, and if they exit the administration before the next season starts, there's no point deduction in the new season (as it's the case with Hearts).

colinmaroon

Not correct, though. If they get into administration one day after the season ends (a day after the last game of their division One), the points deduction is applied in the next season, ie in the Championship.

Naturally, if they hit administration before the season ends, in the few remaining weeks, the point deduction is applied in the current season, and if they exit the administration before the next season starts, there's no point deduction in the new season (as it's the case with Hearts).

You've missed what I said in the 1st para which qualifies the 2nd.

I'm saying exactly what you are saying!

Dave kings new ST Account.

Depositor Amount Date

David King ?30,000,000 Never

Suckers ?1,200,000 Now

The Rangers in Administration?

Edited by Dannie Boy

You've missed what I said in the 1st para which qualifies the 2nd.

I'm saying exactly what you are saying!

You're right, sorry, i misinterpreted what you said.

ada7y9yj.jpg

Wonder if he's watching this in a darkened room ?

As United were first out of the hat, surely that is the wrong way round. ;)

Didn't take Rangers long to respond.

http://www.rangers.c...-club-statement

Mr King clearly has elected to ignore the Board?s previous public statement following the Board?s meeting with him. In this statement, which was reviewed with him prior to issue, the Board stated that it will issue the results of the business review prior to the season ticket renewal window ending. This position remains unchanged

That's not what King is saying in his statement. Seems to me Sevco could blow King out of the picture simply by bringing forward the "120 day review period" findings.

But whatever, what are the odds Sevco publish the review findings at the last possible moment - if they ever do.

Ok thanks for that. It just murky the deals done behind closed doors in that summer and other months. I do wonder what would happen if current Rangers go into administration again by next season so they should start with -25, further transfer bans etc, but that could put their promotion to the Premiership in trouble. What I question is how much the SPFL are banking on Rangers being in the Premiership by 2015 for commercial deals. If them not being in there by then is a possibility, would they be more forgiving with punishments?

They can't be forgiven any punishment, it's in the rules and that would mean us and all other clubs voting for any rule changes.

First post on this thread but with The Rangers out of the Scottish Cup then i think if there was going to be an administration event then it would happen pretty quickly from now.. Take their 15 point deduction this season and move out of admin over the next couple of months leaving them free next season.. also has been mentioned before getting rid of any high earners like Elbows and Sally.. Possibly Wallace to but he might have some small sell on value.

First post on this thread but with The Rangers out of the Scottish Cup then i think if there was going to be an administration event then it would happen pretty quickly from now.. Take their 15 point deduction this season and move out of admin over the next couple of months leaving them free next season.. also has been mentioned before getting rid of any high earners like Elbows and Sally.. Possibly Wallace to but he might have some small sell on value.

Think they'd get a 25 point deduction for going into admin for a second time in so many years.

Jambof3tornado

That's not what King is saying in his statement. Seems to me Sevco could blow King out of the picture simply by bringing forward the "120 day review period" findings.

But whatever, what are the odds Sevco publish the review findings at the last possible moment - if they ever do.

the 120 day review findings certainly wont boost season ticket sales,hence they wont print the findings until the initial sales period.

colinmaroon

Think they'd get a 25 point deduction for going into admin for a second time in so many years.

You are spot on!

Edited by colinmaroon

But it won't be the second time. They're a new club.

But it won't be the second time. They're a new club.

A new club with 1872 on the back of there tops and five stars on the front. They can't have it all ways.

Jambof3tornado

If they had won the commentator said it would be their 51st Scottish Cup Final! How's that?

commentators pandering to old firm shocker!!!

If they had won the commentator said it would be their 51st Scottish Cup Final! How's that?

Is that the first cup tie in history where there were two clubs from different divisions but the commentators wouldn't mention the word "underdogs",

tatuty2u.jpg

Selfie of the day ..

Video of the day...

I love the wee celebration before he scores! Must've thought **** I better stick this home before I celebrate.

Ok my apologies by my point stands.. they will take it as soon as possible because it will not affect their promotion this season

Hagar the Horrible

I been having a good think about the latest war of works from Greyskull, If the current board are acting in good faith then they have no option but to take King to task via the courts, as the club are being held to ransom and blackmailed into selling the club for less than its worth. However if the don't then that proves King is right, and the board have been exposed as not acting in the best interest of the shareholders. This 120 day review was clearly designed to buy time until the season ticket money came pouring in. For something that could have been completed in 120 minutes, then what I believe is they miscalculated the end date. either the 120 day deadline should have taken them over the season ticket end date or the date in which they can win promotion with a 25 point deduction?????/ If King is wrong then why not just take the wind from his sails by publishing the review right away? some of the recommendations surly would have needed to be put in place over a year ago? even waiting 120 days for some changes has probably cost them ?3m over this period of time. I bet the review will never see daylight, The start date is debateable, but since the very last date since they announced it would still be the 17th, that's 5 days. Its going to be very painful next few months if you are a bear, and I truly sympathise as our future is in the balance, but at least we have a way forward, they are just handing the keys from one spiv to another.

colinmaroon

ynytadup.jpg

Comedy gold for that 3rd goal..

Referee - THINKS: "No point in giving that last minute offside penalty now!"

Guest oldcastlerock2012

tatuty2u.jpg

Selfie of the day ..

http://youtu.be/o8YLgQw755M

Video of the day...

Funny seeing John Rankin in there. Yet another player who was decent at his previous club, then moves to Hibs but is so dire they're glad to see the back of him and let him go for free, then he resurrects his career at a better club. It's like some sort of curse to move to that club.

Angry Haggis

I been having a good think about the latest war of works from Greyskull, If the current board are acting in good faith then they have no option but to take King to task via the courts, as the club are being held to ransom and blackmailed into selling the club for less than its worth. However if the don't then that proves King is right, and the board have been exposed as not acting in the best interest of the shareholders. This 120 day review was clearly designed to buy time until the season ticket money came pouring in. For something that could have been completed in 120 minutes, then what I believe is they miscalculated the end date. either the 120 day deadline should have taken them over the season ticket end date or the date in which they can win promotion with a 25 point deduction?????/ If King is wrong then why not just take the wind from his sails by publishing the review right away? some of the recommendations surly would have needed to be put in place over a year ago? even waiting 120 days for some changes has probably cost them ?3m over this period of time. I bet the review will never see daylight, The start date is debateable, but since the very last date since they announced it would still be the 17th, that's 5 days. Its going to be very painful next few months if you are a bear, and I truly sympathise as our future is in the balance, but at least we have a way forward, they are just handing the keys from one spiv to another.

Sensible post.

Tommy Brown

Yesterday's result is now where they totally implode.

Fans demand Ally a war chest with the season ticket sales (they don't understand that money only gets them through summer).

Sell all the rubbish and get new signings then. They don't understand all players are under contract and have no intention of moving, plus no fecker would want to buy any of them.

Well get King Dave in, he has promised ?30m of his kids' inheritance, they don't understand that he is a bare faced lying bar steward (The Lying King).

ynytadup.jpg

Comedy gold for that 3rd goal..

Is that the ref saying 'Aw Naw'?

Edited by Simon Says

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This Hun did exactly this over on. Sevco sevco.. The bile & vitriol is something to behold..

[Mod Edit]

Too cliched. I don't believe that was a Rangers supporter.

Gigolo-Aunt

This Hun did exactly this over on. Sevco sevco.. The bile & vitriol is something to behold..

[Mod Edit]

What a load of shite.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic