The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

The Driscol brothers were allowed to buy ?200k worth another 1m shares, so they must have taken up some of the left overs????

Tricky one this. There are no trades of that sort of amount on AIM which suggests that it is a private bargain. However, it would appear to have taken place after the deadline, but before any announcement about the rights issue. Is that legal?

It certainly is if they have bought another Spivs shareholding, or part of it.

CONTROVERSIAL Rangers directors Sandy and James Easdale are understood to have increased their shareholding in the troubled Glasgow giants by over ?500,000.

But who gets the ?500k it won't be the club? The Easdales certainly have big balls when a lot of the support want them gone.

Edited by Dannie Boy

CONTROVERSIAL Rangers directors Sandy and James Easdale are understood to have increased their shareholding in the troubled Glasgow giants by over ?500,000.

But who gets the ?500k it won't be the club?

If they've oversubscribed on the current open offer then it will be the club that gets the money. If it's buying someone else's shares then the club won't

The Driscol brothers were allowed to buy ?200k worth another 1m shares, so they must have taken up some of the left overs????

The Driscol brothers haha

Love it

But who gets the ?500k it won't be the club? The Easdales certainly have big balls when a lot of the support want them gone.

I assume that's the large share trades on Monday and Tuesday?

http://www.lse.co.uk...?shareprice=RFC

Edited by I.T.K

If they've oversubscribed on the current open offer then it will be the club that gets the money. If it's buying someone else's shares then the club won't

Cheers Allez.

The paper says after the 11am deadline though.

Would the easdales be hoovering up shares so they could push through a pre pack admin?

Think by 'after' they mean after the share offer closed it was worked out there were unsubscribed shares available which has enabled them to increase their shareholding by that much

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=12081166

Rangers International Football Club plc
("Rangers" the "Club" or the "Company")
Statement re. Settlement
Rangers have agreed formal terms of settlement with former Commercial Director, Imran Ahmad regarding his current court action.  The sum agreed is significantly less than  the total amount which Mr Ahmad had been granted permission to arrest. As part of the settlement terms Mr Ahmad has agreed to refrain from arresting funds in Rangers' bank account or in the hands of others pending the formal removal of the case from court.  No such arrestment will now take place.  The case will be formally taken out of court in the next few days.
For further information please contact:
Rangers International Football Club plc			  
Graham Wallace / Paul Tyrrell				   Tel: 0141 580 8647
Daniel Stewart & Company plc				  Tel: 020 7776 6550
Paul Shackleton / David Coffman		   

Newgate Threadneedle							   Tel: 020 7148 6143
Roddy Watt / John Coles			

Hagar the Horrible

That is what has happened the Driscols have converted their loan into shares? so it is still not money going into petty cash, by my estimate if successful the club will have made ?3.2m before costs at best?

?The supporters have been through enough and have been told enough by all sorts of people over the last two or three years

"All sorts of people" including, I seem to recall, Ally McCoist

Think by 'after' they mean after the share offer closed it was worked out there were unsubscribed shares available which has enabled them to increase their shareholding by that much

That is what has happened the Driscols have converted their loan into shares? so it is still not money going into petty cash, by my estimate if successful the club will have made ?3.2m before costs at best?

Ah right I see now so its money already spent in other words the easdales are just not looking for it back. They will get no thanks from the Rangers fans for this that is for sure.

Then you have to take off Mr Lethams loan & the payroll wages & any outstanding bills etc. :lol:

If like you said it is the loan being converted the afformentioned Mr Letham may be looking for his cash back sooner rather than later. Unless he already has been told he has the carpark and to keep quiet about it in the press.

We_are_the_Hearts

What is in it for them? Why would they do this if it will run out shortly again

That's what I was thinking? Are they fronting Ashley's cash?

Hagar the Horrible

so they had ?1.2m in the bank, if the share issue makes ?3m after costs say ?2.5 then total ?3.7m minus Georges loan ?2.7m (not including interest) Ahmed lest say ?300k (half of his claim) 2.4m Wallace's bonus(?300k) ?2.1m, this months wages ?1.2m, then thay have just bought another month, 2 at best? whats the point? why are some spivs hanging on while others look like they want it to die again?

Ticket sales for next week's league cup tie v ICT can't be going well. They are offering free parking in the Albion Car Park along with a ticket.

Then again the car park may have changed hands :qqb010:

What is in it for them? Why would they do this if it will run out shortly again

Any security or change of ownerships would have to be notified to Co. House, it would be in the public domain fairly quick thereafter..

So wouldn't be a secret for very long tbh

That's what I was thinking? Are they fronting Ashley's cash?

This is what was puzzling me but it seems they have converted the money they were owed by Rangers into shares. My guess would be better to be a large shareholder come admin rather than a creditor come admin.

Farin thanks for the info and I see your point.

Ticket sales for next week's league cup tie v ICT can't be going well. They are offering free parking in the Albion Car Park along with a ticket.

Then again the car park may have changed hands :qqb010:

Thought it was film night at the carpark that night, scary movie II, maybe they just moved the venue along the road.

But no quotes from Ashley himself - maybe is quietly planning it anyway>?

Edit - read it wrong..

Edited by Ryan Jarman

This pearl of wisdom from Frazier aird's F/book page doing the rounds on the net today..

Not the brightest tool in the box .. :lol:

:rofl:

what a nob!

This pearl of wisdom from Frazier aird's F/book page doing the rounds on the net today..

Not the sharpest tool at ?box .. :lol:

Keeping it on topic for you! :-P

Edited by I.T.K

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What a dingle. :lol:

Newcastle have said Ashley won't be selling the club either this season or the next ..ooft.

He won't be saving Sevco anytime soon.

That'll be a 7/8 year "quick sale" then. Now, where's Warren Buffet and the New York Giants?

Oooft! Expect that one to he deleted soon :rofl:

We any closer to that statement then.... :whistling:

Unfortunately you need to have a subscription to get real time announcements from the stock exchange. So I can't help on this as I only see delayed by one hour news from their feed. However I'm sure it will break quick enough.

So if McMurdo is right (and I would take that with a truck-load of salt) then King is out of the equation and Wallace, as we already know, is on the way out? That leaves the Krays to take the wrath of the Orcs after the presumably failed issue. Oh dear!

Sparse cash in the bank, zero financial backing, boycotting games, loans due to be repaid and players wages next week. If it's all correct information then I reckon they have a fortnight at best to find their knight in shining armour or it really is game over. Again.

Unfortunately you need to have a subscription to get real time announcements from the stock exchange. So I can't help on this as I only see delayed by one hour news from their feed. However I'm sure it will break quick enough.

Probably best keeping an eye on Twitter in that case. Whatever the statement says, we know that if it has been a "success" then it's a stay of execution but if it's failed then there are days left.

alwaysthereinspirit

He's 50% correct. There are a lot of non Scots not voting. Wonder why? :uhoh2:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So if not King, who has the ?30M package available the UK talk about?

Murray; Soutar; McColl that SSB Barry spoke of if no Spivs?

We can't have run out of South African fantasists already, surely? :(

We can't have run out of South African fantasists already, surely? :(

Oscar Pistorious is due to make millions from book deals etc. Cue Keith Jackson exclusive that he's a life-long ber!

Probably best keeping an eye on Twitter in that case. Whatever the statement says, we know that if it has been a "success" then it's a stay of execution but if it's failed then there are days left.

I would have thought that if it had been a success they would want the good news out there asap, so the longer we wait the more I believe it's going to be bad news (for the orcs, that is).

Even McMurdo is now saying that King doesn't have the cash.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/

Had to laugh at this. Yesterday he blogged that it was squaring up to be a straight fight between Ashley and King to wrest control of the club. Today he's having to admit that neither of them are in the running at after all.

Oscar Pistorious is due to make millions from book deals etc. Cue Keith Jackson exclusive that he's a life-long ber!

Oscar has a bit of the SDM about him as well :)

So if not King, who has the ?30M package available the UK talk about?

Murray; Soutar; McColl that SSB Barry spoke of if no Spivs?

UOF NOT UK.

You sometimes wonder if that is the press tactic.

Publicly force someone to piss ?30M in to the Clyde.

Embarrassing thread full of bitter fans(most ill informed) trying to outsmart each other in comments about another clubs demise.No different from Hibsnet re Hearts when in difficulties.Sad.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic