The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I thought the Gers obsessives would appreciate this one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/543805.stm

But perhaps the biggest over-achievers on the list are Glasgow Rangers, who, at 16th, are the only representatives from a nation outside the so-called big five of England (eight entries), Italy (6), Spain (2), Germany (2) and France (1).

The Scottish side managed ?32.5m from a population of just over five million people. Outstanding management and the earning power of the Scottish Premier League have been pinpointed as the reasons Rangers punch above their weight.

:laugh:

It does make you wonder what Charles Green was doing selling rights for just ?1

Was this part of a larger share deal or commercial undertaking that he benefited from ?

Was it total stupidity in the rush to get investors on board that he did not realise what he was selling or the value of it ?

Spending the clubs money to fight to get the rights back from a deal he brokered yet he wants to come back in as a white knight to the rescue.. given his track record it might be worth it just to give them that final shove down the 'insolvency event' path.

Just checking the Bears Den for reaction, second post in and this gem appears...

End of the day, we will all still know it was Ibrox which is the most important thing and it'll mean that we can get some MUCH needed investment in. 5 years ago I'd have told Ashley to go **** himself but sadly we aren't the same club with class as we used to be. The truth is we are a joke and a laughing stock at the moment and it absolutely kills me to say it.

Good to see delusion still reigns!

Telling someone "to go **** himself" equals class??

Anyone got any suggestions as to the renaming of the stadium?

Moral vacuum .

Orange Bowl.

Fruit Bowl.

Bigot Bowl.

Adminastrayshun Bowl.

Beggin' Bowl.

I thought the Gers obsessives would appreciate this one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/543805.stm

But perhaps the biggest over-achievers on the list are Glasgow Rangers, who, at 16th, are the only representatives from a nation outside the so-called big five of England (eight entries), Italy (6), Spain (2), Germany (2) and France (1).

The Scottish side managed ?32.5m from a population of just over five million people. Outstanding management and the earning power of the Scottish Premier League have been pinpointed as the reasons Rangers punch above their weight.

:laugh:

Did you stop posting for a while? My annoyance tolerance for this place seemed to have lowered for a bit and ive only noticed a slight raise over the last few hours

With all this shenanigans, skullduggery, financial horseplay and continued descent into armageddon surely someone has to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute or not acting in good faith?

Can only assume that MA cut the deal at the same time he was buying his current shares in the club. Why else would you sell those rights for a pound?

It just gets worse and worse for them.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Interesting that Easdale effectively talks down a major future revenue stream while the share offer is on going.

I still think they want this to fail so that they can say to the fans " you had your chance to do something, now we're doing this our way". Just what their way is, I'm not sure yet.

I P Knightley

Can only assume that MA cut the deal at the same time he was buying his current shares in the club. Why else would you sell those rights for a pound?

My guess is it was a sweetener for the equity investment.

Caveat - I don't remember for sure that Ashley subscribed for new shares as opposed to buying them off Green (or AN Other). If the latter, it would have been properly crooked.

Not very catchy is it? 'The For a Pound Arena'. Sounds Shit.

Yes Scotland should buy the rights from Ashley.

Does it really matter what the stadium is called?

Rangers fans, well all football fans will still call it Ibrox.

i wish jj was my dad

Probably true but anything that upsets the bad guys is fine by me.

We_are_the_Hearts

Can't wait to play Sevco at Poundland. Great to see the arrogant playground bully brought down. Hopefully not long until the final kick in the nuts

National press though will have to call it by its official name I think. Rubbing it in regularly on TV and Radio

You can be sure that if it winds up the blue noses I will be calling the ground by its new name. Surely in the name of 'banter' that's what we should all do?

sunblestjambo

487af8e1bd79a78e2edf945d53831e59.jpg

To sell the rights for ?1 then blow ?250k trying to annul the deal is comedy gold. The cash squandered is quite breathtaking tbh.

:lol:

You've got to hope someone asks Super Ally all about this at his next press conference.

You got to show the man some respect,football questions only please after all he treats everyone else with the utmost respect.

The Easdale interview is very interesting. Looking like the end game is edging closer. If the share issue fails then a loan against Ibrox looks certain. If the Orcs rally against that then administration is inevitable. Mind you, even if the share issue is a 'success' then that only papers the cracks for another few months.

So does this naming rights issue help keep them afloat longer as there's money now swishing about behind the scenes? Or is the Imram Ahmad story still a game changer?

I am sure Rangers fans would have been able to swallow the news much better had the rights been sold for market value. They could have got millions.

To sell the rights for ?1 then blow ?250k trying to annul the deal is comedy gold. The cash squandered is quite breathtaking tbh.

When Green took over was there continuity with the club lawyers from regime to regime.

Or did Green bring his own ones in?

;)

Edited by DETTY29

So does this naming rights issue help keep them afloat longer as there's money now swishing about behind the scenes? Or is the Imram Ahmad story still a game changer?

By the looks of it the naming rights revenue stream is now closed. The rights were sold two years ago for a pound, Ashley has held the rights for two years and done nothing with it yet. The question I want to know is how long is the deal for? Surely it must be only for a few years.

I never call it "ibrox" :)

that's not the point. Sevco fans were dreaming of selling the naming rights for millions, like the SRU sold Murrayfield rights for ?20 million. Instead that revenue stream has gone for 100 pennies

I P Knightley

They probably will; just as St. James's Park remained.

The impact of this news is that Rangers have lost what many presumed was a (slightly unpalatable, perhaps) potential revenue stream.

This article from 2011 suggests that, for example, QPR might be able to raise just under a million a year for selling the naming rights to Loftus Road. Naturally, our Hun friends would be likely to deem themselves comparable to a club nearer the top of the list but, either way, there's a sizeable chunk of war chest which now won't be making it's way to ?1brox

marshallschunkychicken

Just laughed out loud at the following from rangersmedia:

This could be one of the erroneous contracts?

I P Knightley

Just laughed out loud at the following from rangersmedia:

One of those erroneous contracts which Chuck Green spent hundreds of thousands on lawyers to try to overturn?

Doesn't sound very erroneous to me.

Walter Bishop

laughter.gif

When Green took over was there continuity with the club lawyers from regime to regime.

Or did Green bring his own ones in?

;)

Very good point actually. And yet, the Gers fans would still have him back..

My guess is it was a sweetener for the equity investment.

Caveat - I don't remember for sure that Ashley subscribed for new shares as opposed to buying them off Green (or AN Other). If the latter, it would have been properly crooked.

I think you and others here are on to something. there is a hidden 'benefit' to the token pound for rights to rebrand the stadium . But I don't expect it ever to come to the light of day. Green, the easdales and this Newcastle lad, they are absolute masters of sleasy undertakings. As was Khan and of course dear Mr White - of fond memory!

Fort Vallance

I am sure Rangers fans would have been able to swallow the news much better had the rights been sold for market value. They could have got millions.

Really / The "market value of the actual ownership of the stadium, along with Murray Park etc. were apparently only worth ?5 million not so long ago

Really / The "market value of the actual ownership of the stadium, along with Murray Park etc. were apparently only worth ?5 million not so long ago

Yes - a stadium doesn't have much value beyond the ground it is on.

Yes - a stadium doesn't have much value beyond the ground it is on.

That is if you are trying to sell it though. I think the point being made is that the market value of the naming rights is in the millions and I think that is fair. They are a horrible, dysfunctional mess but they are still high profile and I dont think it unreasonable to estimate the value to a company of the stadium naming rights is in the region of 1.5-2 million per year. Certainly the lower end of that scale. A 5 year deal would easily be worth 5m. That club would kill for a 5m cash injection right now. They ended up with a ?.

We shouldn't laugh. Really.

That is if you are trying to sell it though. I think the point being made is that the market value of the naming rights is in the millions and I think that is fair. They are a horrible, dysfunctional mess but they are still high profile and I dont think it unreasonable to estimate the value to a company of the stadium naming rights is in the region of 1.5-2 million per year. Certainly the lower end of that scale. A 5 year deal would easily be worth 5m. That club would kill for a 5m cash injection right now. They ended up with a ?.

We shouldn't laugh. Really.

Absolutely

Hagar the Horrible

Who knows without the assistance of google can tell what Livingstons stadium is called this week? So Poundland it is then for the penny shares arcade! What is worse is that they have already spend the proceeds for the naming rights? they just sold it without even adding in a time scale so they can resell it again later? no matter how much Vlad and the Pieman put us through, they always manage to come up with some new bombshell? This is just not even a work of fiction it is actually worse than a script for River City!!!!!

Surely changing the name of a brand away from IBROX or RANGERS ( though I like the idea of a Sevco tee shirt) would reduce interest in 'Rangers' goods, when it is no longer the old tradition etc?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic