The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Phil D. Corners

He knock his head with his knuckles and not surprisingly it sounded hollow.

Going to start doing that to rangers fans if they say stuff like "Dave king will come in and save the club".

Rabbie_Burns

He knock his head with his knuckles and not surprisingly it sounded hollow.

Behaves like that and then bangs on about respect, grade A hypocrite...

Behaves like that and then bangs on about respect, grade A hypocrite...

He made himself look like a total fool. The guy is a grade a knob and him and the rangers are a perfect match.

The press have no backbone at all comical Ali was quick enough to ask for apologies a few weeks ago over non footballing matters. Now he is only talking football. He seems like a man on the edge to me.

Think it would be worth a wee cheeky bid for Trigger as a cover left back. ....payable in two instalments with the option of a reduced second instalment if paid early,

No sympathy.

Not sure about Sevco, but I recall that the old Rangers had a slogan as they pushed Airdrie over the edge for a ?30K debt...."Business is Business" karma indeed.

The Mighty Thor

So it's George Sorros Dave King Mike Ashley that's going to save them and pump millions into the bottomless pit?

:rofl:

:cornette:

Rangers Boss Ally McCoist in Transfer Cash Plea To Board

The troubled Glasgow giants announced yesterday that they need to raise at least ?3million from a new share offering later this year.

That shock admission led to speculation that Gers stars like Lewis Macleod and Lee Wallace could be sold to generate much-needed cash.

Light Blues left-back Wallace has been linked with a move to English Championship club Brighton during the summer. However, McCoist has not been told he has to offload anyone and is hoping the transfer window closes on Monday night without his top players leaving.

He said: "I'm happy with the squad I've got. In an ideal world, we'd have tweaked it a wee bit here and there but we have a good pool of players. We have strengthened up front and at the back.

"Like every other manager and coach in the country, I would like cash to spend to add a little bit here and there.

"But if we don't have the opportunity to do that then I'm delighted with the boys I've got.

"I haven't been told people have to go before people come in. Without stating the obvious, in the current climate I don't see much incoming activity at the moment."

However, McCoist accepted the financial uncertainty at Rangers could result in rival clubs making knockdown bids for his leading players in the coming days.

He said ahead of today's match with Queen of the South: "I would obviously hope as a manager that bids would be turned down.

"I'm happy with my squad and I don't want to see it being depleted.

"But I do know what's involved in football and I know that sometimes people make decisions that can alter your squad. That's part and parcel of football.

"I could understand if clubs felt we may have to sell players, but I would hope that no bids come in for any of the players. We'll just have to wait and see what happens."

He added: "If we did lose someone we'd need to move quick to find replacements with the money made available to me.

"As I say, I'm not expecting to lose anyone. I'm expecting to go with the squad we've got and hopefully that's the case.

"You obviously look at the squad and would like to add in one or two departments to make us stronger.

He really doesn't grasp the seriousness of the situation does he?

No not in the slightest or he is deliberately playing daft.

The Mighty Thor

Show some respect.

It's nothing to do with him. He's all about the football*

*despite trousering 1 million shares for feck all. :lol:

Neither Dave King or Mike Ashley are in a position to step in and financially save The Rangers as rules quite clearly preclude them from doing so. If this current share issue fails so will The Rangers.

The Internet

So could they really be in the shite here again? Have to admit I rarely follow this saga but is there really a threat of another administration?

Guest Trapper John

So could they really be in the shite here again? Have to admit I rarely follow this saga but is there really a threat of another administration?

I'm the same. Can anyone advise definitively whether there is a real chance of imminent administration here?

Please Let it Be.

FarmerTweedy

31k at Ibrokes again yesterday according to the bbc. While most clubs would love to have attendances like that, it's not nearly enough to keep that shower going!

The Internet

If things are as bad as they sound then that quote is amazing :lol: Just doesn't have a clue does he.

Neither Dave King or Mike Ashley are in a position to step in and financially save The Rangers as rules quite clearly preclude them from doing so. If this current share issue fails so will The Rangers.

This share issue Will Fail no one in there right mind would buy into the SPIVS Show.

Hungry hippo

It's been clear since last year that they would run out of funds during this season. They have now stated this publicly to try to generate the required cash injection via a share issue.

Administration is a very real possibility although I have always said it is not so easy to call with them as there is so much self interest at the club it's difficult to work out exactly who benefits from each potential scenario.

One way or another they need cash quick to stave off admin but they would still be trading at a significant loss so possibly not worth putting the cash into the sinking ehip.

Edited by Hungry hippo

tartofmidlothian

I'm the same. Can anyone advise definitively whether there is a real chance of imminent administration here?

Please Let it Be.

From everything that's been posted the last couple of days - yes, if their new share issue doesn't make them something like ?3m by the middle of September. The issue's for ?4m and if it doesn't raise 75% of that it doesn't go ahead, I think? If it doesn't go ahead, they can't pay debts and bills which are due and admin's a real threat.

If they do raise what they need, then they're safe for two or three months, then who knows?

That's my layman's understanding, is it correct?

Edited by tartofmidlothian

According to what I seen their fans are more interested in the No campaign. Numptys. They deserve what coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently some guy on twitter saying agreements reached with SFA and SPFL to release future revenues early to ensure next 2 months fixtures fulfilled.

Keith Jackson now on the case with Daryl Broad foot from SFA.

Surely Max SPFL could release would be 22nd place position in league and only if guaranteed business plan provided to see out season. And what SFA monies can there be? And how many players sold to raise any form of funding?

What a mess. Providing a football licence to a club that needed ?56m+ stock market funding to see out 3 - 5 seasons.

I will be seriously pissed off if the governing bodies release monies to them when they have players to sell or high earners to release.

What would mcsalary do with the money? Spend it on a new forward?

We trimmed our squad down to the minimum when we we were in the shit. Is it too much to ask them to cut their cloth accordingly too?

I will be seriously pissed off if the governing bodies release monies to them when they have players to sell or high earners to release.

What would mcsalary do with the money? Spend it on a new forward?

We trimmed our squad down to the minimum when we we were in the shit. Is it too much to ask them to cut their cloth accordingly too?

probably call in his deferred wages

Might Ann put in a cheeky bid for Temps? or Zal? Monday?

Edited by Alva-Jambo

jamboinglasgow

In a weird development, I had a dream last night that Rangers sold Wallace for a ?600k and Lewis McLeod went to Stoke. Dont know why I am dreaming about Rangers transfers. But it does raise a curious point, when Rangers are desperate for money to keep going, why are they not selling players?

Geoff Kilpatrick

In a weird development, I had a dream last night that Rangers sold Wallace for a ?600k and Lewis McLeod went to Stoke. Dont know why I am dreaming about Rangers transfers. But it does raise a curious point, when Rangers are desperate for money to keep going, why are they not selling players?

It's not the RANGERZZZ WAY!

I would be absolutely shocked if Rangers got more than 1.5 million for selling both of those players.

I just don't see many Rangers players in that squad which could generate the sort of money they are talking about needing. Some good players and decent pro's, but nothing major in the re sale value.

Jamie Ness went to Stoke.

Maybe that's some form of link to 2012.

I would be absolutely shocked if Rangers got more than 1.5 million for selling both of those players.

I just don't see many Rangers players in that squad which could generate the sort of money they are talking about needing. Some good players and decent pro's, but nothing major in the re sale value.

Especially when it's known how hard up they are.

And if they need up front cash, they might struggle to get more than a million. With no sell on clauses either.

The ?1.5m we got for Wallace was split over 2 seasons?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I suspect the only reason TRFC have not been selling players is that nobody wants to buy them. Why buy players who've spent two years in the lowest levels of Scottish football, where their development has stalled, when you can pick up players just as good for free? I suspect one, maybe two, will go late on Monday for not very much, but will reduce the wage bill, by not enough - and at the same time, reduce the walk ups.

Jambof3tornado

Apparently some guy on twitter saying agreements reached with SFA and SPFL to release future revenues early to ensure next 2 months fixtures fulfilled.

Keith Jackson now on the case with Daryl Broad foot from SFA.

Surely Max SPFL could release would be 22nd place position in league and only if guaranteed business plan provided to see out season. And what SFA monies can there be? And how many players sold to raise any form of funding?

What a mess. Providing a football licence to a club that needed ?56m+ stock market funding to see out 3 - 5 seasons.

Why release funds early to ensure the next 2 months fixtures are met? Future funds cant be a big amount.

the jambo poet

this is the problem everyone has with them....they don't have the money to last until xmas yet they do nothing!! No cost cutting, no fire sale, no releases....zilch, nothing, nada...

If the SFA/SPFL step in now to bail them out with whatever funds??? they're due at the end of the season serious questions need to be asked with regards to how The Rangers are going to keep going beyond the next weeks, months, season..and why if they aren't a going concern are the authorities actually trying to help them rather than making noises that they will fall foul of the league should they not start cutting back.

They should be wound up, sold of piece by piece and each player freed and put out of their misery.

From an ICT fan.

Resin_lab_dog says:

August 31, 2014 at 2:14 am

Rate This

Talking to an ICTFC director in the pub tobight. Reckons No TRFC in top flights costs us ?700K a year. And all those win bonuses and clean sheets aren?t helping the balance sheet. icon_rolleyes.gif

But we?ll cope. icon_razz.gif

Confident that despite this there is NO appetite for any quarter to be given in the event of a subsequent Ibrox insolvency. Clubs are neiher amused nor sympathetic w.r.t. Ibrox shenanigans. Sympathy for the fans however? but this does not extend to putting the wishes of their own fans secondary.

Last chance Saloon I reckon. Time for a charm offensive, perhaps, Sons of Struth?.

Feeling is Ashley is infinitely preferable to King. King really NOT respected it seems. *Highly likely to be black balled.

* Non libelous/legally contentious translation

I kind of want that rumour to be true because the idea of the SPFL releasing emergency funds to a team 4 games into the season who have spent the Summer strengthening their squad with former internationalists for a bash at the 2nd division is so ridiculous it might finally bring the house of cards down.

The Comedian

On the subject of Wallace does anyone remember Greens 'favour' of a deal when we were struggling? Reduced overall payment for some cash up-front as I recall.

Basically seeing us in the shit and trying to take advantage. That's my recollection anyway.

The ducks don't line up quite so well now, do they...

:pleasing:

If they are getting bail outs without trying to cut the squad or sell players to generate money the n I will be fecking raging

I suspect the only reason TRFC have not been selling players is that nobody wants to buy them. Why buy players who've spent two years in the lowest levels of Scottish football, where their development has stalled, when you can pick up players just as good for free? I suspect one, maybe two, will go late on Monday for not very much, but will reduce the wage bill, by not enough - and at the same time, reduce the walk ups.

I suspect it's more that none of the players want to leave. They'll all be on much better wages than another club would be prepared to offer, so while they remain under contract they won't be going anywhere.

this is the problem everyone has with them....they don't have the money to last until xmas yet they do nothing!! No cost cutting, no fire sale, no releases....zilch, nothing, nada...

Well, they didn't actually do nothing. They brought in Boyd, Millar, Zaliukas etc., so actually increased the wage bill rather than try and cut it !!!

I don't believe the bailout stories are true .....but if they are !?

Why would the "authorities" bail out a new club whose financial masterplan has been a shambles from the day they were shoehorned into the League. What sort of message does that send to other clubs who are struggling financially but have cut their cloth? Why would they bail out a club that has done absolutely NOTHING to even help itself come to terms with the ludicrous overspending on players etc. And what happened to the website where each clubs wages/income ratio was supposed to be published ? The longer this goes on the more I simply want Sevco to go bust and die.

Phil D. Corners

Well, they didn't actually do nothing. They brought in Boyd, Millar, Zaliukas etc., so actually increased the wage bill rather than try and cut it !!!

Not to mention gazuming us for Mcgregor??

scottish_chicP

Had a very bitter Rangers fan telling me in the pub last night King has transferred 32 million to Rangers which will hit their account tomorrow :rofl:

Edited by scottish_chicP

Romanov Stole My Pension

If the authorities think that there is even a chance that Rangers won't fulfil all their fixtures then the proposed bail-out money should be kept in order to compensate teams that could lose out on gate money.

Guest GhostHunter

There's not a bluebells chance in hell, that they will be able to raise 4m from a share offer that's NOT being underwritten.

The rumours I'm hearing is that they will run out of money in early November, so my opinion is that they will be in administration before Xmas.

I just wonder what their agenda is - they surely couldn't survive a second Admin event ?

Had a very bitter Rangers fan telling me in the pub last night King has transferred 32 million to Rangers which will hit their account tomorrow :rofl:

Paaaaaaaaaah

There's not a bluebells chance in hell, that they will be able to raise 4m from a share offer that's NOT being underwritten.

The rumours I'm hearing is that they will run out of money in early November, so my opinion is that they will be in administration before Xmas.

I just wonder what their agenda is - they surely couldn't survive a second Admin event ?

They didn't survive the first one.

If the SFA / SPFL have to bail them out then that's an admission that they were not able to meet payments as they fell due. That surely demands that a sanction is applied. They will have benefited from overspending on players while being unable to meet other bills and debts.

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers play ICT in a cup tie on the 16th and yet they have not yet started to sell a single ticket? they also play hibs towards

the end of next month? again no tickets up for sale yet, We however have already started to push for sell out games against the Blue Brazil and Livi? over the same window?

Do they think themselves that admin will be in place before the 16th and as such they wont lose that income to creditors? just putting two and two together and coming up with five?

but this is very strange considering they have some cash issues? you would think they would need that cash is early?

Footballfirst

I can't see that they would be receiving any advance funds on their merit payment from the SPFL. The bottom side in the in the Championship will only pick up around ?80,000, so that would be the guaranteed earnings.

However they will probably due money from the SFA with regard to Murray Park for youth development so it is possible for them to get some funds from that source.

It is more likely that that they will have received an advance from their sponsors 32Red (as Wonga did for Hearts)

• Maple Leaf locked this topic