The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

CJGJ is spot on. There is no evidence that the Huns are heading for admin just a lot of rumour and wishful thinking. For what it's worth I reckon they are strapped for cash but not in danger of going under and will limp along.

alwaysthereinspirit

CJGJ is spot on. There is no evidence that the Huns are heading for admin just a lot of rumour and wishful thinking. For what it's worth I reckon they are strapped for cash but not in danger of going under and will limp along.

Booooooooooooo

Ouch but from a 'no mark' like yourself nothing new ....still from the posters on here who seem to follow the Celtic rumours pages about news on Rangers it is to be expected

I wanted to give fellow Hearts fans the benefit of the doubt but it seems they are simply being led by their Celtic minded friends and in their desperation to try and tell the footballing world Rangers are going bust (again) they grasp at straws. It truly is sad but hey ho let them dream.

I wish it was true but don't pretend that it is unlike some who simply want to believe anything posted by anyone and even trust bloggers who have been proved to be fantasists and Celtic fans yet they still cling on to those 'rumours'

Unlike them I don't have to prove anything only those who make spurious claims do.

I'm still waiting for them to explain that despite all the 'rumours' there has never been a story about unpaid bills, missing wages or bonus payments, transfer fees not paid etc etc proved and yet the Celtic minded on this board believe it is all going to end soon....mind you they believed that in 2014,2015,2016 and now we are in 2017.

Whilst they do they need reminded that their fantasies are just that and not the truth as they often claim.

PS that of course may all be a 'rumour'

Just keep lying king in the life he's used after all your paying for it twat

Glamorgan Jambo

Agree there's plenty wishful thinking going on. There are plenty signs of their strapped nature though: signing a couple of loan players and a replacement keeper only in Jan, the lengthy delay in hiring a replacement manager, the amateurishness of their PR statements etc

It would have to be a major event, like a major reversal in the courts against Ashley, to force them to call in the admins. Not sure when the next Ashley case is though and whether there's a possibility of a heavy sum being lost.

Ouch but from a 'no mark' like yourself nothing new ....still from the posters on here who seem to follow the Celtic rumours pages about news on Rangers it is to be expected

I wanted to give fellow Hearts fans the benefit of the doubt but it seems they are simply being led by their Celtic minded friends and in their desperation to try and tell the footballing world Rangers are going bust (again) they grasp at straws. It truly is sad but hey ho let them dream.

I wish it was true but don't pretend that it is unlike some who simply want to believe anything posted by anyone and even trust bloggers who have been proved to be fantasists and Celtic fans yet they still cling on to those 'rumours'

Unlike them I don't have to prove anything only those who make spurious claims do.

I'm still waiting for them to explain that despite all the 'rumours' there has never been a story about unpaid bills, missing wages or bonus payments, transfer fees not paid etc etc proved and yet the Celtic minded on this board believe it is all going to end soon....mind you they believed that in 2014,2015,2016 and now we are in 2017.

Whilst they do they need reminded that their fantasies are just that and not the truth as they often claim.

Ask your club why they owe my security guys over ?10,000 boosh please explain read yet paper come Tuesday dafty

Can you ask greig mcnight to sign a cheque no didn't think so that's why you canny sign a manager not got a pot to piss in

The Sports Direct case was due to commence in March, has this now been put back again?  I haven't seen anything, but a few posts on here suggesting it might be later in the year, which would obviously help Rangers cash flow.

Ouch but  from a 'no mark' like yourself nothing new ....still from the posters on here who seem to follow the Celtic rumours pages about news on Rangers it is to be expected

I'm still waiting for them to explain that despite all the 'rumours' there has never been a story about unpaid bills, missing wages or bonus payments, transfer fees not paid etc etc proved and yet the Celtic minded on this board believe it is all going to end soon....mind you they believed that in 2014,2015,2016 and now we are in 2017.

It might well be a fantasy that The Rangers will go bust but they are certainly holed below the waterline and the Directors are eventually going to get fed up taking turns with the bucket.

A weak Rangers or a dead Rangers is all the same to me after their spectacular cheating and disgusting, media-indulged, sense of entitlement. It is pure schadenfreude to watch them suffer and squirm, and for once I'm allowing myself to indulge.

My only disappointment in all of this is the absence of that filthy cesspit of a club for a few seasons has not materially affected their toothless, hill-billy, terrorist sympathising filthy counterparts from across the city.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

They are strapped for cash, Have potentially over a million pound pay out plus the cost of maintaining a stadium that is falling on their fans heads but are not in danger of going under?

The fact they look like they have collapsed on the park and the fans are divided because of King who also looks like he will appoint a cheap option to replace Warburton do you think they will sell 35k season tickets? They won't get into Europe on current form and the soft loans will dry up where do you see the money coming from to limp along to this time next year? The club is a basket case and is reliant on soft loans but those will dry up soon enough and Rangers will be ****ed, Scottish football will improve when that happens imo.

For the hard of understanding, I am not a Celtic sympathiser, I do not follow any blogs at all, and I do not read any other Club's forums - with the exception of occasionally clicking on links posted on here.

I was simply passing on information that I'd heard, and I thought I'd made it perfectly clear (though apparently not clear enough for some) that it was rumours (see the Warburton thread for any number of wild stories!) and that my mate may well have been listening to no more than speculation.

The only thing I'd add, is that folk need to remember that Directors are not always able to choose the options that suit them personally, or suit any particular business "plan" there may be - they have certain legal obligations they must comply with (whether they want to or not) including being obliged to call in administrators if a business is trading while insolvent.

Are rangers near to that place..? I've no idea, and I'm not claiming to know, but with European football increasingly unlikely, expenditure still apparently exceeding income, no nomad, no shares issue, loans still being needed (albeit soft ones) to cover running costs, and some outstanding court actions against them - they're certainly not in financial good health.

Who knows when, or if, they might reach a tipping point, or when legal advice (to the company, or to an individual director) may be to pull the plug....

....but it's a statement of fact that the current business model cannot be sustained indefinitely - something has to give, or something has to change, and until it does their situation becomes ever increasingly precarious.

For the hard of understanding, I am not a Celtic sympathiser, I do not follow any blogs at all, and I do not read any other Club's forums - with the exception of occasionally clicking on links posted on here.

I was simply passing on information that I'd heard, and I thought I'd made it perfectly clear (though apparently not clear enough for some) that it was rumours (see the Warburton thread for any number of wild stories!) and that my mate may well have been listening to no more than speculation.

The only thing I'd add, is that folk need to remember that Directors are not always able to choose the options that suit them personally, or suit any particular business "plan" there may be - they have certain legal obligations they must comply with (whether they want to or not) including being obliged to call in administrators if a business is trading while insolvent.

Are rangers near to that place..? I've no idea, and I'm not claiming to know, but with European football increasingly unlikely, expenditure still apparently exceeding income, no nomad, no shares issue, loans still being needed (albeit soft ones) to cover running costs, and some outstanding court actions against them - they're certainly not in financial good health.

Who knows when, or if, they might reach a tipping point, or when legal advice (to the company, or to an individual director) may be to pull the plug....

....but it's a statement of fact that the current business model cannot be sustained indefinitely - something has to give, or something has to change, and until it does their situation becomes ever increasingly precarious.

Nah, yer clearly sellick.

(I joke)

...a bit disco

Hail hail Gassy.

:wink:

Apparently the Chinese are waiting in the wings with 100's of millions in a WAR CHEST - but they won't invest until the huns 'win back' their retail division :rofl:

For clarity, the above is a RUMOUR sourced from a number of deluded goat botherers.

Just admit it, you're a Celtic-minded no mark like me. :(

This place really has gone absolutely bat-shit nowadays, mate. I mean properly right off the cliff like Wile. E Coyote.

Ask your club why they owe my security guys over ?10,000 boosh please explain read yet paper come Tuesday dafty

Is that why they are asking for volunteers to help steward the games?

We're all Celtic minded no marks according to some on here, well actually usually just one.

Hearts fans being Celtic minded have you ever heard the likes, and here's me thinking that Hearts fans had always been labelled as the Old Rangers' wee cousins, but suddenly we're all Celtic minded now.

Someone had the nerve to say the other day, on this thread, that some of us would believe anything, really, what, something along the lines of 'I've got a Nomad already lined up' or what about this beauty 'I'll invest the kids inheritance' or what about 'I'm going to invest ?50m'.

And yet we are accused of believing anything, yeh right ok.  :laugh:

...a bit disco

:lol:

Funny thing is, the Phoodleoot Breaking Crew were staunch purveyors of the middle class, Yes voting, Celtic minded Hearts fans that were killing the club every day theory.

Celtic minded Hearts fans is an arsehole theory for arseholes by arseholes.

:qqb006:  to basically all of the above.  But hey, it's the . . . batshit..ted...ness? . . . that makes it interesting, amirite?

And yes, let's not forget the Phoodle Troop!  Ann Bhudge! :gok:

That'll also be why there was talk of fans starting up some kind of maintenance team to do handywork in/around the stadium. 

...a bit disco

:qqb006:  to basically all of the above.  But hey, it's the . . . batshit..ted...ness? . . . that makes it interesting, amirite?

And yes, let's not forget the Phoodle Troop!  Ann Bhudge! :gok:

I...would have to say,...I agree with...everything...you wrote.

........... :thumbsup: .....!

A sharp eyed poster on here posted stories about Partick and rangers doing this same thing a couple of weeks back. Partick were a disgrace for not paying minimum wage while the lovely rangers were offering fans the chance to be part of the match day team - for free!

Lincon Premier

The Ashley court case, the season ticket money and split seem to be close( I have no idea what date they will be ) COULD it be they are trying to get to the split,get season money in ( pay back director loans ) and then fold? It would suit everyone ( except the fans ). Would the soft loans be footballing debt that has to be paid by the next generation?

Buying out King won't help the club financially, but may go some way to easing getting cash from investors. 

If rumours of unpaid wages are true the GFA should be asking serious questions. They did with us but then you know....

Has anyone in the media queried why you would give a Steward a free match ticket when the one place they should not be looking towards is the pitch?

Unless of course it's a volunteer for one match, get in to the next one as a spectator free basis.

Which is the only way they should be allowed to do it.

A sharp eyed poster on here posted stories about Partick and rangers doing this same thing a couple of weeks back. Partick were a disgrace for not paying minimum wage while the lovely rangers were offering fans the chance to be part of the match day team - for free!

Yeh, I saw that, typical double standards we've come to expect from the lamb munchers.

Has anyone in the media queried why you would give a Steward a free match ticket when the one place they should not be looking towards is the pitch?

Unless of course it's a volunteer for one match, get in to the next one as a spectator free basis.

Which is the only way they should be allowed to do it.

Genuine question.

Surely people have to be vetted and trained before they can become a steward at a public event, or can they just pick any old Tom Dick Harry & Jane off the street to do it?

...a bit disco

Genuine question.

Surely people have to be vetted and trained before they can become a steward at a public event, or can they just pick any old Tom Dick Harry & Jane off the street to do it?

Very much so.

I've been offered shifts at Tynie, Ibrox and Easter Road.

My experience/training? Nil.

Rangers problem as it stands

Paying only double what the rest of us do on players wages has them struggling and running at an annual loss.

To compete with Celtic they will need to spend an extra ?15-20 million per year on top of this

None of their current directors have the wherewithal to thump that in on a recurring basis

I don't think they will admin

but they can forget about competing for at least 5 seasons IF they slash costs and rebuild in a proper manner

continue as they are now and it could be a decade, if ever :toff:

Paying only double what the rest of us do on players wages has them struggling and running at an annual loss.

To compete with Celtic they will need to spend an extra ?15-20 million per year on top of this

None of their current directors have the wherewithal to thump that in on a recurring basis

but they can forget about competing for at least 5 seasons IF they slash costs and rebuild in a proper manner

Nothing to disagree with there

Very much so.

I've been offered shifts at Tynie, Ibrox and Easter Road.

My experience/training? Nil.

Quite shocked at that TBH, and if that's the case why does anybody pay money out for stewarding when they can get fans to do it for free.

That boat sailed back in 2012, the time to slash costs & rebuild from the bottom was when they were in the bottom league, not now, the fans wouldn't accept it now, back then they probably would have, but not now.

...a bit disco

Quite shocked at that TBH, and if that's the case why does anybody pay money out for stewarding when they can get fans to do it for free.

Indeed.

You would think that an SIA licence would be compulsory at the very least.

Lincon Premier

Indeed.

You would think that an SIA licence would be compulsory at the very least.

G4S are advertising for event staff. Here is their criteria:

The Ideal Candidate:

• You must be aged 18 years or above.
  • You must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor or Close Protection license.
  • Experience of working within a similar role would be an advantage, but not essential.
  • Experience in delivering a personal and professional customer experience.
  • Flexibility - have to be able to work all or at least a high percentage of match days, regardless of kick off time or day of the week.
  • A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity.
  • Confident in interacting with high level visitors and management
  •  
Edited by Lincon Premier

Lincon Premier

Just checked another of their job offers:

Our standard rate for Safety Stewards is ?7.20 and if you have an SIA licence, the rate is up to ?8.50 (dependant on the individual event).

....If rumours of unpaid wages are true the GFA should be asking serious questions. They did with us but then you know....

Despite the stories and rumours, I just don't believe that there are any unpaid wages, so far, though they may have to check down the back of the sofa to pay them....

The SPFA would be over this like a rash, lawyers would be involved, and despite succulent lamb still seeming to be on the menu for most sports desks, most media outlets news desks would love to have the exclusive on breaking this story.

It may well happen sometime in the future, but I don't believe it has happened, yet....

Lincon Premier

Despite the stories and rumours, I just don't believe that there are any unpaid wages, so far, though they may have to check down the back of the sofa to pay them....

The SPFA would be over this like a rash, lawyers would be involved, and despite succulent lamb still seeming to be on the menu for most sports desks, most media outlets news desks would love to have the exclusive on breaking this story.

It may well happen sometime in the future, but I don't believe it has happened, yet....

Have to love your faith in the GFA. If rumours are true and the players have deferred half their wages the GFA will turn a blind eye. There is also the story of Miller playing for free. 

What I would suggest is if stories are wrong about directors covering the wages would they not put out a statement denying it? The media won't print a single story without it coming from Level 5.

Are the rumours true? Who knows certainly not me but for me there is no smoke without fire.

Sorry misread and I see your are saying SPFA . Sorry.

Edited by Lincon Premier

Bazzas right boot

Nothing to debate there, however without a cash injection they will collapse, they can't go ten/ fifteen years running at a loss, a loss that will increase every season.

There will be a breaking point.

Hearing that Warburton has got himself a job at the Arsenal academy.

One of many candidates being considered. Their choice is likely to be Breadman or Bergkamp. Who would you go for?

One of many candidates being considered. Their choice is likely to be Breadman or Bergkamp. Who would you go for?

Its not for a coaching role, party organizer with magic hats etc etc

Nothing to debate there, however without a cash injection they will collapse, they can't go ten/ fifteen years running at a loss, a loss that will increase every season.

There will be a breaking point.

I kind of feel for them- the Parks that is- in that they saw this as a chance to be the "Big I Am" and fetted as Murray once was.

Its kind of gone wrong and they cannot get out now, and cannot let it slide without hatred and repercussions.

Oh well 

I kind of feel for them- the Parks that is- in that they saw this as a chance to be the "Big I Am" and fetted as Murray once was.

Its kind of gone wrong and they cannot get out now, and cannot let it slide without hatred and repercussions.

Oh well 

A blind man could see that they were a money black hole, the Park family surely aren't that dumb as to have not seen that.

In saying that they may have fell for Kings BS and thought he would put his own money in, if so then more fool them for believing the words of a 'Glib and Shameless Liar'.

All these rumours of Admin 2 emanate from in the main two bloggers . They rely for their income ( well JJ certainly does) on this crisis at Rangers "Lite"continuing so that can encourage more donations for their fearless "journalism".

I put that so because they seem to be free of the normal strictures of that profession regarding fact checking ( K Jackson excepted) They make it up with sufficient modicum of truth to say I told you so now and again.

So it's in their interest to continue the story - which may be as I say partly true .

Think of all the recent guff from these two - stealing water from a church; roofs falling down, Celtic signing Bojan , Warburton leaving in the summer etc etc

There are undoubted problems at Sevco but I can't think they are potentially gone . Yet.

Breadman can fly.

Hagar the Horrible

OK I dont think Admin v2.0 is iminent, but there is a finite point when this basket case does become unsustainable based on the size of their stadium and the running costs of what is the Rangers animal,  AND on published 2012 figures, and given that this is still the case to run this football club? excluding all wages and paye/nic costs?  To run Ibrox/murray park and put on a show, rounded up ?11.5m  income is ?13m  as it stands without merchandice and European football.  That leaves thus non playing and players wages @?1.5m per annum,  current wage bill estimated at ?10m  at ?8.5m shortfall the remainder of the ?30m war chest which stands at ?12m, it will be gone in about 15 months  but their costs do not cover salaries.   Going over the Duff and Phelps report again their income was ?13m and expendature including wages was ?25m,  this is published.....NOt much has changed.  I would imagine that certain costs will have gone up, but as a direct correlation in about 2 years they will need ?12m extra every year to break even and keep the current squad rougly the same.   Rangers now need something like 35k season ticket holders paying ?330 each just to cover the running costs?  not even 1 players wages?????  As it stands they would need 70k season tickets to compete and excede Celtic.  unless thay start selling season tickets at about ?700 average.  OR  do a foundation of huns with 96k punters each paying a tenner per month.

I know its a bit fag packet and i did take this from the 2012 report, but soft loans cover wages currently sitting at 77% of income and to run the club 88% of income;  thats combined 165% of income,  Happy to be proved wrong in all of this, but its their published figures,  They are back to speculate to accumulate and Champions league football at all costs????  Rank as we are we should still finish above them this year,  no chance of a run in any non domestic competition. 

A blind man could see that they were a money black hole, the Park family surely aren't that dumb as to have not seen that.

In saying that they may have fell for Kings BS and thought he would put his own money in, if so then more fool them for believing the words of a 'Glib and Shameless Liar'.

It always amazes me that seemingly intelligent and shrewd business people often leave their brains behind when they become involved with a football ream.

Perhaps the Park family liked the publicity and initial adulation they got from the ibrox hoards and failed to see they were being led on by a certain Mr King. I am absolutely sure they would not be pouring money into any other part of their business empire without severe due diligence and the hope of returning a profit on their investment.

I can't remember who said it but the question was "how do you become a millionaire becoming involved with a football team?" and the answer is "be a billionaire when you become involved." Many a true word.

Footballfirst

OK I dont think Admin v2.0 is iminent, but there is a finite point when this basket case does become unsustainable based on the size of their stadium and the running costs of what is the Rangers animal,  AND on published 2012 figures, and given that this is still the case to run this football club? excluding all wages and paye/nic costs?  To run Ibrox/murray park and put on a show, rounded up ?11.5m  income is ?13m  as it stands without merchandice and European football.  That leaves thus non playing and players wages @?1.5m per annum,  current wage bill estimated at ?10m  at ?8.5m shortfall the remainder of the ?30m war chest which stands at ?12m, it will be gone in about 15 months  but their costs do not cover salaries.   Going over the Duff and Phelps report again their income was ?13m and expendature including wages was ?25m,  this is published.....NOt much has changed.  I would imagine that certain costs will have gone up, but as a direct correlation in about 2 years they will need ?12m extra every year to break even and keep the current squad rougly the same.   Rangers now need something like 35k season ticket holders paying ?330 each just to cover the running costs?  not even 1 players wages?????  As it stands they would need 70k season tickets to compete and excede Celtic.  unless thay start selling season tickets at about ?700 average.  OR  do a foundation of huns with 96k punters each paying a tenner per month.

I know its a bit fag packet and i did take this from the 2012 report, but soft loans cover wages currently sitting at 77% of income and to run the club 88% of income;  thats combined 165% of income,  Happy to be proved wrong in all of this, but its their published figures,  They are back to speculate to accumulate and Champions league football at all costs????  Rank as we are we should still finish above them this year,  no chance of a run in any non domestic competition. 

Probably better to look at the 2016 accounts and start making projections from there.

Income ?22.2m  including Gate receipts ?17.35m  (37,500 STs  - ?9.5m)

Expenditure ?24.4m  including Wages ?13m  (1st team ?6.4m)

2016/17 projections from club figures

Income - 42,000 STs - ?12.6m  (up ?3.1m),  4th place finish - ?1.5M  (up ?1.1m)

Expenditure - 1st Team wages ?10.3M (up ?3.9m), Transfer fees paid ?3m (up ?2.3m)

So from an high level operating loss of ?2.2M last season, they are looking at an additional ?2m loss for this season making a shortfall of ?4.2m to be made up.  Assuming that they will be able to increase their income from other sources by at least ?500k. That leaves around ?3.7m required in loans for this season.

We know from the accounts that ?2.9m was provided in October and that a further ?800K was due to be needed in March, so the ball park figures aren't far away.

Money is probably short just now so the dismissals of Barton, Warburton and co. will help keep the lights on.

They really should have been able to break even had they not invested so much in transfers and player wages for this season, but that's not the Rangers way.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic