The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The reason they're not having a share issue is nothing to do with any ongoing litigation either involving Duff & Phelps or Sports Direct/Mike Ashley but the failure of the AGM resolution to disapply pre emption rights. If it had passed the board would have been able to issue shares at any price to anyone, or more likely initially swap the debt to directors such as King at whatever rates the board decided. So hardly surprising they couldn't get the 'super majority' needed for a special resolution such as this to pass.

If you were a shareholder would you give King carte blanche to reduce the value of your investment?? I wouldn't

Didn't they have a share issue when the Easdales were there? and didn't it nearly flop, and the directors had to make guarantees or something (FF will know more about it).

What I do remember was that there was little to no interest from city investors back then and there will be even less interest now that King's in charge, the simple fact is Rangers & King are toxic and nobody with any real money would invest in them.

All they have is soft loans from the current directors and they don't have bottomless pits, so at some point they will have to stop throwing money away at Rangers, then what do they do?

The whole business model is unsustainable, it has been since day one back in 2012, they can't continue to lurch from one crisis to another and keep pulling rabbits out of the hat, because sooner or later the 'magic hat' is  going to be empty.

Glamorgan Jambo

Didn't they have a share issue when the Easdales were there? and didn't it nearly flop, and the directors had to make guarantees or something (FF will know more about it).

What I do remember was that there was little to no interest from city investors back then and there will be even less interest now that King's in charge, the simple fact is Rangers & King are toxic and nobody with any real money would invest in them.

All they have is soft loans from the current directors and they don't have bottomless pits, so at some point they will have to stop throwing money away at Rangers, then what do they do?

The whole business model is unsustainable, it has been since day one back in 2012, they can't continue to lurch from one crisis to another and keep pulling rabbits out of the hat, because sooner or later the 'magic hat' is  going to be empty.

Yes they did and they could do exactly the same thing today i.e. hold a rights issue where everyone can subscribe to maintain their level  of shareholding and others (e.g. King) could underwrite the issue by offering unconditionally to buy all shares (or rights) not taken up by existing shareholders.

For whatever reason this doesn't seem to be a goer though - most likely as those that have put money in via loans want thes loans converted to shares and their %age ownership increased a lot before inviting others in.

Of course the whole model is unsustainable. They could start by getting rid of their training complex and its overheads but the hordes wouldn't like that one bit.

Edited by Glamorgan Jambo

stranraer-jambo

I don't think Sevco are going to do admin. I think they will hobble on in crippled form.

I think that they are in real trouble of staying alive!

Their playing budget is only twice what ours and Aberdeens is - and that, with a good manager, can  be overcome far easier than the monster gaps before.

And that is before our increased capacity, or any fall in revenue for them

Last thing I want is them entering admin and shedding their debt

I am with this too. Would much rather they limped along in their current state (unless they were to disappear off the face of the earth for good).

The in-fighting, financial woes, court cases, inflated salaries, reliance on soft loans, poor player recruitment, delusions of grandeur, inability to shake off the shackles of their previous incarnation, loss of the fear factor (there are probably numerous others too), will all contribute to the gap between us becoming narrower the longer it continues.

Their followers will not take kindly to this either and many will desert them.

While the Hearts are on a journey of growth, vision and sustainability, both on and off the field, the newco are barely surviving from hand to mouth on a day to day basis.

Footballfirst

They did have a share offer in September 2014. It was a 3 for 10 offer at 20p a share. It didn't bomb, but equally so wasn't oversubscribed with around 79% of the shares taken up.  The offer raised ?3.13m (?2.85m after costs). However, ?1.5m of the net proceeds went in repaying loans to George Letham and Sandy Easdale.

The biggest investors in the offer were Laxey Partners, Artemis Investments and Sandy Easdale himself. Between the three parties, they contributed around ?1.8m of the total.

Laxey sold out three months later to the 3 Bears. Artemis sold out at the same time and accounted for two thirds of King's acquired shareholding. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Yes they did and they could do exactly the same thing today i.e. hold a rights issue where everyone can subscribe to maintain their level  of shareholding and others (e.g. King) could underwrite the issue by offering unconditionally to buy all shares (or rights) not taken up by existing shareholders.

For whatever reason this doesn't seem to be a goer though - most likely as those that have put money in via loans want thes loans converted to shares and their %age ownership increased a lot before inviting others in.

Of course the whole model is unsustainable. They could start by getting rid of their training complex and its overheads but the hordes wouldn't like that one bit.

King won't underwrite a share issue because King either doesn't have or doesn't want to spend the money, if however he could persuade some investor mug to use their money instead he would, but new investors mugs seem a bit thin on the ground right now.

Way too late to change the business model now, the orcs wouldn't stand for it, besides that boat sailed a long time ago, the time to do it was when they were in the 3rd Division.

They did have a share offer in September 2014. It was a 3 for 10 offer at 20p a share. It didn't bomb, but equally so wasn't oversubscribed with around 79% of the shares taken up.  The offer raised ?3.13m (?2.85m after costs). However, ?1.5m of the net proceeds went in repaying loans to George Letham and Sandy Easdale.

The biggest investors in the offer were Laxey Partners, Artemis Investments and Sandy Easdale himself. Between the three parties, they contributed around ?1.8m of the total.

Laxey sold out three months later to the 3 Bears. Artemis sold out at the same time and accounted for two thirds of King's acquired shareholding. 

The figure of ?1.5m was in my head, I knew I remembered it from somewhere, just couldn't quite place it.

As always cheers for your insight.

King won't underwrite a share issue because King either doesn't have or doesn't want to spend the money, if however he could persuade some investor mug to use their money instead he would, but new investors mugs seem a bit thin on the ground right now.

Way too late to change the business model now, the orcs wouldn't stand for it, besides that boat sailed a long time ago, the time to do it was when they were in the 3rd Division.

The figure of ?1.5m was in my head, I knew I remembered it from somewhere, just couldn't quite place it.

As always cheers for your insight.

http://onfieldsofgreen.com/the-wealth-of-kings/

Regarding Kings supposed wealth this is an interesting article. not sure how well informed the authors but still gives an insight. it may also explain the lack of any promised funding from King. It could have been posted on here before.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Regarding Kings supposed wealth this is an interesting article. not sure how well informed the authors but still gives an insight. it may also explain the lack of any promised funding from King. It could have been posted on here before.

Got halfway down and realised the author sounded like the boy on .Net that sprafs about hearts all the time

Like you say how much is factual will be open to question, however as it was published in July 2015 and it's now nearly 2 years later and King still hasn't provided the promised funds which he talked about prior to his ascension to the blue room throne, then the article may hold more than a smattering of truth within it's words.

Bazzas right boot

When the relegated/ not relegated bet up?

Should be soon. From what I read on here it was the worst defence since the French in 1940.

I am with this too. Would much rather they limped along in their current state (unless they were to disappear off the face of the earth for good).

The in-fighting, financial woes, court cases, inflated salaries, reliance on soft loans, poor player recruitment, delusions of grandeur, inability to shake off the shackles of their previous incarnation, loss of the fear factor (there are probably numerous others too), will all contribute to the gap between us becoming narrower the longer it continues.

Their followers will not take kindly to this either and many will desert them.

While the Hearts are on a journey of growth, vision and sustainability, both on and off the field, the newco are barely surviving from hand to mouth on a day to day basis.

Beautifully put. 

...a bit disco

Update from Chris Graham and the 1872 posse.

C5iKKA2WcAA3QDi.jpg

:sob:

In full...

Following our update last week, Club 1872 is disappointed to report that our planned meeting with Stewart Robertson on Monday has been postponed.

We understand that there are pressing matters that require Stewart?s attention ? not least of which is the ongoing process of appointing a Director of Football and/or Manager. It is absolutely correct that this should be his priority until a satisfactory outcome is achieved. However that does not lessen our desire to seek clarity on what we feel are some very important questions regarding the future direction of Rangers and the current situation the club finds itself in.

The Club 1872 board shares the concerns of a growing number of our members over a perceived lack of progress both on and off the park and believes it would be in the interests of all parties to address those concerns sooner rather than later.

Having communicated this to Stewart Robertson, he has agreed that the meeting will go ahead before the match on Wednesday 1st March.

Club 1872 operates solely for the benefit of the Rangers community, our members and the football club we all support. We remain committed to engaging in constructive dialogue with Rangers and will update our members with details of those discussions after Wednesday?s meeting.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/update-on-meeting-with-stewart-robertson/

Edited by ...a bit disco

Update from Chris Graham and the 1872 posse.

C5iKKA2WcAA3QDi.jpg

:sob:

In full...

Following our update last week, Club 1872 is disappointed to report that our planned meeting with Stewart Robertson on Monday has been postponed.

We understand that there are pressing matters that require Stewart?s attention ? not least of which is the ongoing process of appointing a Director of Football and/or Manager. It is absolutely correct that this should be his priority until a satisfactory outcome is achieved. However that does not lessen our desire to seek clarity on what we feel are some very important questions regarding the future direction of Rangers and the current situation the club finds itself in.

The Club 1872 board shares the concerns of a growing number of our members over a perceived lack of progress both on and off the park and believes it would be in the interests of all parties to address those concerns sooner rather than later.

Having communicated this to Stewart Robertson, he has agreed that the meeting will go ahead before the match on Wednesday 1st March.

Club 1872 operates solely for the benefit of the Rangers community, our members and the football club we all support. We remain committed to engaging in constructive dialogue with Rangers and will update our members with details of those discussions after Wednesday?s meeting.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/update-on-meeting-with-stewart-robertson/

Aye but how will they pay for it?

Got as far as the initial assessment of 'No Nomad' and to put it lightly unless their conclusion was King had either lied or hadn't realised how toxic he is in the City, wasn't worth reading on.

An interesting assessment (by a Rangers fan!) on Dave king and his board to date.

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/744-two-years-on-appraising-the-rangers-board

Rumours (yet again) that Rangers don't have the funds to pay everyone this month, and are desperately trying to avoid going into administration (again, or for the first time?) until after the split, to safeguard their Premiership place for next season - not sure I'm convinced - but I guess we'll know for sure in the next day or two.

Rumours (yet again) that Rangers don't have the funds to pay everyone this month, and are desperately trying to avoid going into administration (again, or for the first time?) until after the split, to safeguard their Premiership place for next season - not sure I'm convinced - but I guess we'll know for sure in the next day or two.

Should they wait until after the split, then the split should be looked at in future - that would be a scandal if you could limp to that , get penalised and still finnish  top 6 and get the money due from that.

Good if true

but where have you heard the rumours from?

station_jambo

I cant see them going into Admin to be honest.  As much as I would love it, just can't see them allowing themselves to get in that bad a state that they go into admin

Be a strange time of year to go into admin, could they not just start selling season tickets now for next season?

Obviously we know how bad an idea this is but it should keep them afloat (for now)

Be a strange time of year to go into admin, could they not just start selling season tickets now for next season?

Obviously we know how bad an idea this is but it should keep them afloat (for now)

Isn't it the perfect time to go into admin (from their point of view), as all the season ticket money would go towards the new new co?

Should they wait until after the split, then the split should be looked at in future - that would be a scandal if you could limp to that , get penalised and still finnish  top 6 and get the money due from that.

If I were director of the 7th team at the split, I'd be spitting tacks if Sevco were allowed to stay top-6 (even if their points after any deduction were still enough to see them "top-6").

The Real Maroonblood

Does the guarenteed 4 old firm league matches tv deal still exist?

You're showing to much respect calling them old firm.

Directors loans are rumoured to be keeping them going and the Park family are more than capable of plugging gaps given their wealth/company income.

I don't believe admin is on the cards - I do believe that they'll be working around lack of funds by cutting back everywhere.

There is a recent story in the papers about volunteers being sought for "supporter liaison" - it looks dressed up as a method to cut back on stewarding.

Directors loans are rumoured to be keeping them going and the Park family are more than capable of plugging gaps given their wealth/company income.

I don't believe admin is on the cards - I do believe that they'll be working around lack of funds by cutting back everywhere.

There is a recent story in the papers about volunteers being sought for "supporter liaison" - it looks dressed up as a method to cut back on stewarding.

This is true, however there comes the point when the realisation dawns on them that's it's an insatiable black hole and no matter how much money they put in, it still wants more and more.

If they want to end up broke as well, then they'll keep putting money in, if not, then enough is enough and no more soft loans.

It was rumoured last year that the Park family were reluctant to put any more money in, until King ponied up some of his own, I think the Daily Ranger had a story about it, could be wrong though.

Good if true

Social Media (yeah, I know!) is awash with stories of impending doom, which I don't put too much credence in....

But....

A friend who works in corporate finance had been at hospitality at Murrayfield at the weekend, and told me one of the topics of conversation was Rangers trying to put together a plan for a "pre-packed" Admin for immediately after the split, as Directors are on thin ice over trading while insolvent.

Worth adding though, that he was unsure if this was based on actual knowledge, or just professionals speculating on what could happen.

Much as I'd like to see Rangers flop again what would be the financial benefit to them of admin? What debts do they have that would be bumped? What would happen to the internal debt owed to directors?

Social Media (yeah, I know!) is awash with stories of impending doom, which I don't put too much credence in....

But....

A friend who works in corporate finance had been at hospitality at Murrayfield at the weekend, and told me one of the topics of conversation was Rangers trying to put together a plan for a "pre-packed" Admin for immediately after the split, as Directors are on thin ice over trading while insolvent.

Worth adding though, that he was unsure if this was based on actual knowledge, or just professionals speculating on what could happen.

So, no chance of European football. Or is that already off the bill, I can't keep up.

Lincon Premier

Much as I'd like to see Rangers flop again what would be the financial benefit to them of admin? What debts do they have that would be bumped? What would happen to the internal debt owed to directors?

I would suggest the Mike Ashley court case would collapse and the Warburton compensation.Just these two along will cost Millions to put right, so admin may well negate that. ( I am no financial wizard and have no idea if this is true but I would speculate it could do.)

But....

johnjames blog is reporting something similar. Paul Murray seen hanging out with some big name from the finance sector whose specialty is admin. 

I can only think that there might be some unpaid PAYE, business taxes of some sort or players wages issues in the near pipeline.

As far as I am aware almost all of the loans they have are 'soft' which to me means there is no recourse if they default on them anyway.

Or they may have been advised that the loss of one or more of the cases meandering through the courts would put them under if lost.

Dunno. Cant see the sense in it myself. Cant see it happening to be honest. Would far rather they limp along as a basket case anyway just in case they fall into more assured hands and fully recover from the mess.

I would suggest the Mike Ashley court case would collapse and the Warburton compensation.Just these two along will cost Millions to put right, so admin may well negate that. ( I am no financial wizard and have no idea if this is true but I would speculate it could do.)

Would also get a lot of over paid players off the payroll. Wipes out the existing shareholding as well so another fresh start. If King et al have finance lined up from elsewhere.

I can only think that there might be some unpaid PAYE, business taxes of some sort or players wages issues in the near pipeline.

As far as I am aware almost all of the loans they have are 'soft' which to me means there is no recourse if they default on them anyway.

Or they may have been advised that the loss of one or more of the cases meandering through the courts would put them under if lost.

Dunno. Cant see the sense in it myself. Cant see it happening to be honest. Would far rather they limp along as a basket case anyway just in case they fall into more assured hands and fully recover from the mess.

If there was anybody waiting in the wings they could offer to buy King out now, but there isn't even a whiff of anybody else nor of them getting loans from anyone else apart from the existing directors.

Good if true

I would be interested to know too, as I think Gasman is usually sceptical of such rumours.

Really do not want them to go into admin as that would be the end of King. Where they are just now is perfect. Hopefully they spin enough of a line to the unwashed to make them think someone decent is coming in the summer (De Boer seems to be their perfectly believable and appropriate to their lofty status choice), appoint Murty or a "Rangers man" until the end of the season, get the clowns to buy season tickets and use a hefty wedge of this to pay back loans. Cue a quicker crisis next season after they appoint a combination of either McLeish, Davies and please god Ferguson in the summer.

All this works much better for us if we can eventually get our act together (I believe there are other threads for this).

If there was anybody waiting in the wings they could offer to buy King out now, but there isn't even a whiff of anybody else nor of them getting loans from anyone else apart from the existing directors.

That true, but they'll get the club for peanuts if its administration and they are the sole bid.

Good if true

In his head

Just like that Nomad in yours, aye?  :rofl:

Just like that Nomad in yours, aye?  :rofl:

Ouch but  from a 'no mark' like yourself nothing new ....still from the posters on here who seem to follow the Celtic rumours pages about news on Rangers it is to be expected

I wanted to give fellow Hearts fans the benefit of the doubt but it seems they are simply being led by their Celtic minded friends and in their desperation to try and tell the footballing world Rangers are going bust (again) they grasp at straws. It truly is sad but hey ho let them dream.

I wish it was true but don't pretend that it is unlike some who simply want to believe anything posted by anyone and even trust bloggers who have been proved to be fantasists and Celtic fans yet they still cling on to those 'rumours'

Unlike them I don't have to prove anything only those who make spurious claims do.

I'm still waiting for them to explain that despite all the 'rumours' there has never been a story about unpaid bills, missing wages or bonus payments, transfer fees not paid etc etc proved and yet the Celtic minded on this board believe it is all going to end soon....mind you they believed that in 2014,2015,2016 and now we are in 2017.

Whilst they do they need reminded that their fantasies are just that and not the truth as they often claim.

PS that of course may all be a 'rumour'

The directors who've stumped up the payroll loans would lose that cash, that's why they're between a rock & a hard place regards giving them as opposed to the consequences of not imo. They'll be suppliers & utility bills that any business that size has too..

Thanks for the replies.

Given Rangers well known recent history I can't imagine any/many companies extending them much in the way of credit. Surely HMRC/VAT would be on a pretty tight leash.

Warburton's court case would (I'd guess) be considered a footballing debt which would follow the new(est) incarnation of the Rangers.

Bumping the Ashley court case sounds a possibility but it would mean the Directors writing off the milllions loaned to date?

Anyway, long may they suffer :2thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies.

Given Rangers well known recent history I can't imagine any/many companies extending them much in the way of credit. Surely HMRC/VAT would be on a pretty tight leash.

Warburton's court case would (I'd guess) be considered a footballing debt which would follow the new(est) incarnation of the Rangers.

Bumping the Ashley court case sounds a possibility but it would mean the Directors writing off the milllions loaned to date?

Anyway, long may they suffer :2thumbsup:

They like every other business are now bound to submit information to HMRC in Real Time every time they pay their employees, so you are correct in that they will be on a tight leash.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Ouch but from a 'no mark' like yourself nothing new ....still from the posters on here who seem to follow the Celtic rumours pages about news on Rangers it is to be expected

I wanted to give fellow Hearts fans the benefit of the doubt but it seems they are simply being led by their Celtic minded friends and in their desperation to try and tell the footballing world Rangers are going bust (again) they grasp at straws. It truly is sad but hey ho let them dream.

I wish it was true but don't pretend that it is unlike some who simply want to believe anything posted by anyone and even trust bloggers who have been proved to be fantasists and Celtic fans yet they still cling on to those 'rumours'

Unlike them I don't have to prove anything only those who make spurious claims do.

I'm still waiting for them to explain that despite all the 'rumours' there has never been a story about unpaid bills, missing wages or bonus payments, transfer fees not paid etc etc proved and yet the Celtic minded on this board believe it is all going to end soon....mind you they believed that in 2014,2015,2016 and now we are in 2017.

Whilst they do they need reminded that their fantasies are just that and not the truth as they often claim.

You're a hearts fan?

Ouch but  from a 'no mark' like yourself nothing new ....still from the posters on here who seem to follow the Celtic rumours pages about news on Rangers it is to be expected

I'm still waiting for them to explain that despite all the 'rumours' there has never been a story about unpaid bills, missing wages or bonus payments, transfer fees not paid etc etc proved and yet the Celtic minded on this board believe it is all going to end soon....mind you they believed that in 2014,2015,2016 and now we are in 2017.

Why is it that everytime there is anything negative about sevco you accuse Hearts fans of following Celtic rumours pages, have Celtic minded friends and are themselves Celtic minded, why is that?

For the record I have never purposely searched or visited a Celtic page of any kind, except by mistake maybe, nor do I have Celtic friends and I certainly am not Celtic minded either.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic