The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  2m2 minutes ago

Brown: If the charge against Green is proved "the business and assets [of Rangers] would be the proceeds of crime,"

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  2m2 minutes ago

Brown 2/2 "This would open the door for a claim by the liquidators on the assets."

Excuse my ignorance who is Brown representing?

Times have changed with the rise of and usage of social media and blogs etc, this in turn makes more and more organisations more accountable to the general public as things can be shared and discussed online by a great number of people in multiple locations very easily, this in turn makes it much harder for organisations to simply either ignore the public or to just try and sweep things under the carpet.

Social media campaigns can become global in a matter of hours and these in turn can apply pressure upon sponsors and the likes who certainly don't want the adverse global attention which can happen if they are associated with a dodgy organisation.

I firmly believe that there has been a sea-change and the ordinary Scottish Football fan is fed up with the continual and blatant favouritism and indeed cheating by the custodians of our game.

The SFA would be incredibly stupid if they were to try and bury this and as for the SMSM and their blatant propaganda and downright lies, the public will remember.

:spoton:

There's no place to hide now. 

...a bit disco

Excuse my ignorance who is Brown representing?

Green.

CG court case could get tastey.

My best scenario... CG wins his legal fee bid but gets found guilty with the highest paid lawyers at his disposal unable to prove his innocence at Newco's expense.

Proceeds of crime take the assets and the liquidators, liquidate and get a fair price for the taxman amongst others.

If MA could find the spare dosh to buy thise assets and mothball/bulldoze them for giggles that would be the cherry on top :-)

Either Green wins & bankrupts Sevco with legal bills, or loses and their assets are proceeds of crime. [emoji1]. Puffs on cigar...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha

Greens Laywer is making a complete mug of Rangers here its pure gold.

Eh its in your own interest for Green to be found not guilty so why are you not defending him ya bunch of dafty's pay up and shut up.

CG court case could get tastey.

My best scenario... CG wins his legal fee bid but gets found guilty with the highest paid lawyers at his disposal unable to prove his innocence at Newco's expense.

Proceeds of crime take the assets and the liquidators, liquidate and get a fair price for the taxman amongst others.

If MA could find the spare dosh to buy thise assets and mothball/bulldoze them for giggles that would be the cherry on top :-)

If the assets were deemed proceeds of crime.

By far the largest creditor of the liquidated Rangers now is HMRC, so they can quite rightly put pressure on BDO to pursue the assets as then HMRC and the other creditors get more back after Ibrox/Murray Park etc are sold off to the highest bidder, whether that be Ashley, King, Tesco, Asda, Barratt Homes or whoever.

Of course with Mr. Brown saying what he did in court, this also means that any idea of any share issue is now firmly dead in the water, it also could pretty much kill off any chance of King being able to raise any external funding as there is now severe doubts over the assets and their potential long term future of who could ultimately own them.

I P Knightley

Is the financial squeeze at Ibrox now hitting Mark Warburton?

MARK Warburton has admitted that Rangers could allow key players to leave in January - if the price is right.

The Ibrox boss told the Evening Times that Rangers could be forced to sell players if the ?right fee? is offered, saying: ?I don?t want anyone to leave the football club.

?If they leave for a sum that offers value, it means the recruitment has been right because they?ve produced a level of performance which has attracted a bigger club that can afford to pay us a fee above and beyond what we?d want to get for a player.

?If a player comes in and gets offered quadruple his wages to play down south, we aren?t going to stand in his way as long as we get the right fee.?

Let's try to remember this when one of their players ships out to Port Vale or some such club :)

I never thought I'd be defending Rangers but Employee Benefit Trusts were legitimate then and are legitimate now.  When SDM first issued Rangers' employees with EBTs they were legitimate and they were still legitimate in 2011 when he sold the club to Whyte. 

The issue that HMRC is pursuing through the Courts is the payment of outstanding tax due against the EBTs. The previous judgment was that tax was not required to be repaid.  The appeal decision is that HMRC are entitled to go after the non-paid tax.    

Tas - here's the end of the stick that you're at ------->  X

Now, let's look for the right end of the stick:

Keep looking

Keep on looking

Keep on for a bit

Here it is -------------> X

Strange thing this ennui. I might even have been suffering from a bit of it myself - but guess what shook me out of it? The horrendous attempts at propaganda from the SMSM - the bare-faced, outrageous, patronising defence mechanisms that have bombarded us since the CoS ruling. That and of course the complete lack - yet again - of any semblance of contrition from Ibrox. That "we will not accept or countenance" statement... don't get me started. But at least Rangers have a right to be wildly biased in this - the media don't.

There is a sense now in which - for non-Rangers fans - there will always be a figurative asterisk against these titles in any case, whether or not an official one is added. But our authorities have a chance here to show that, just occasionally, they have the ability to apply rules without fear or favour and thereby restore a tiny bit of faith.

Why should there be any contrition from Ibrokes? They are a totally different club.  Oh, wait a minute..........

This is all a bit Sergey, guys. 

Do people honestly want them stripped of their titles? What good would that achieve other than satisfying a few bitter supporters of other clubs.

The game in Scotland is a big enough joke without all this shite.

Move on.

If there was a poll taken right now then I'd say 70% of Jambos would say strip them of their trophies.

It isn't like Rangers came up with EBTs themselves. At the time they were seen as legitimate. The Courts have now said otherwise. 

Calling it cheating is a stretch. Or are we also cheats for handing out contracts that we couldn't afford to pay and then diddling the tax man out of millions.

EBTs  were quite widely used, were they not? It isn't like it was just a thing that Rangers came up with and those in charge signed off on it in a giant conspiracy to cheat the other side of the old firm and Scottish football. 

I just think rag dolling a dead legal entity is pointless and will serve to do nothing other than please people that hate Rangers. It is nothing to do with politics or my love of the Monarchy. 

I think you need to see the comments made to HMRC from "Mr Black" in which he admits pretty much that they knew they were sailing close to the wind and were doing so to get a competitive advantage.

Remember HMRC offered them the chance to pay up without penalty which would have been the end of the matter but Rangers said no and pushed it further therefore not only did they have a good idea it was illegal (thats why the side letters were there to guarantee return which is then turning it into a vehicle for renumeration, taxable and undeclared to the SFA ) they also felt they were untouchable.

EBT's are legal but not when you use them like this that makes it tax evasion, this isnt a loophole used it was clearly wrong then and now and they knew it.

Look I couldnt care about the titles what I do care is that  the SFA/SPFL are taken to task for not acting and Rangers are held accountable for tax evasion which has gained a sporting advantage for a decade.

For the sake of the integrity of the game there has to be a consequence for deliberate tax evasion and that is clearly the case here.

Edited by Jamboelite

I P Knightley

I've had a wee debate in the comments section on that Telegraph article with a bluenosed poster going by the name 'joestrummer'. 

His mantra is that Celtic, Aberdeen & Dundee Utd cheated their way to trophies and titles - presumably on the bases of EBT to Juninho and massive debts respectively. I thought it strange he never mentioned the JTs in his ill-informed rant.

(Realise it's a completely nothing post but at least it's better than just putting a full stop in a reply)

I think you need to see the comments made to HMRC from "Mr Black" in which he admits pretty much that they knew they were sailing close to the wind and were doing so to get a competitive advantage.

Remember HMRC offered them the chance to pay up without penalty which would have been the end of the matter but Rangers said no and pushed it further therefore not only did they have a good idea it was illegal (thats why the side letters were there to guarantee return which is then turning it into a vehicle for renumeration, taxable and undeclared to the SFA ) they also felt they were untouchable.

EBT's are legal but not when you use them like this that makes it tax evasion, this isnt a loophole used it was clearly wrong then and now and they knew it.

Look I couldnt care about the titles what I do care is that  the SFA/SPFL are taken to task for not acting and Rangers are held accountable for tax evasion which has gained a sporting advantage for a decade.

For the sake of the integrity of the game there has to be a consequence for deliberate tax evasion and that is clearly the case here.

Also remember SDM offered HMRC ?10m to STFU, and they said "we don't do deals on tax" or similar ...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've had a wee debate in the comments section on that Telegraph article with a bluenosed poster going by the name 'joestrummer'.

His mantra is that Celtic, Aberdeen & Dundee Utd cheated their way to trophies and titles - presumably on the bases of EBT to Juninho and massive debts respectively. I thought it strange he never mentioned the JTs in his ill-informed rant.

(Realise it's a completely nothing post but at least it's better than just putting a full stop in a reply)

James Doleman

James Doleman ? ?@jamesdoleman

Breaking:The same lawyer acted for Charles Green as acted for Andy Coulson court told.

Going back a bit,

James Doleman

Brown points out that in the Rangers IPO document the "prospect of future litigation" was specifically mentioned.

Open in app

James Doleman

Court now being shown a contract between "The Rangers Football Club ltd" and Charles Green from September 2012.

James Doleman

The contract is backdated to 1 June. 2012

Edited by Dannie Boy

Maroon tinted glasses 2

James Doleman

Breaking:The same lawyer acted for Charles Green as acted for Andy Coulson court told.

Would that have been Timothy Langdale at up to ?750 per hour charge..........Tim's getting it up rangers again.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Would that have been Timothy Langdale at up to ?750 per hour charge..........Tim's getting it up rangers again.

I'll get my coat.

James Doleman

Brown now moves on to "the vexed question of the mythical concept of the club"

James Doleman

Brown asks "what does the rest of the world outside football think what a club is."

Judge "club can be used in a number of ways"

Judge says that the "articles of association show Ranger started is a club"

Brown replies this changed when incorporated,

Brown "A club can not sign contracts."

Edited by Dannie Boy

If there was a poll taken right now then I'd say 70% of Jambos would say strip them of their trophies.

I'd be surprised if it was as low as that

James Doleman

Brown now quoting from Rangers incorporation document from 1889. Notes it says "takeover the assets" bit does not mention "club"

Brown says if you wanted to by George Herriots FP (a rugby club in Edinburgh) you would just have to buy the assets

James Doleman

Brown says that there is a difference between the company and the business assets but not between a "club and a company"

7:06 a.m. - 12 Nov 2015

Brown "Sevco Scotland did not buy "the club" the bought the business and assets of the club"

Edited by Dannie Boy

James Doleman

Brown moves on to Lord Nimmo Smith report to the SPL.

Brown Says a club is an "undertaking" of it's owners and as it "has neither capacity of personality" no-one can be CEO of it.

"The team are paid by Sevco, play at a ground owned by Sevco trained by a manager who is employed by Sevco, fans buy tickets from Sevco"

1/2

Brown says Rangers was "a basket of assets that could be sold," but these were not indivisible.

Brown "What is the players went one way and the ground another, where is the "club" then.?

Brown. "I realise that Rangers being the same club is a matter of life and death to some,"

Edited by Dannie Boy

I'd be surprised if it was as low as that

I'm really basing it on what's been said by various posters,there's a fair few who don't want RFC stripped of anything.

This Brown chappie could do some real damage to the yo-yo old club/new club/company/same club illusion. :D

I've a sneaky feeling it will go Sevco's way after all is said and done.

Walter Bishop
  •   

•  

Wouldn't be a proper legal case without "the elephant in the room" getting mentioned :)

10 retweets11 likes

Retweet

More

Brown. "I realise that Rangers being the same club is a matter of life and death to some,"

Hector sitting with a huge smile and rubbing of hands....... Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rudi-Mental

James Doleman

Brown says that Green "was prepared to depart the scene without fuss," but if he was "dragged back in" agreement was "you pay the lawyers."

Hackney Hearts

I'm really basing it on what's been said by various posters,there's a fair few who don't want RFC stripped of anything.

There are a few who aren't bothered (not 30%). And of course a number of posters on here appear to have Rangers leanings whatever the issue.

Some don't care about the titles because they want Rangers punished in a more meaningful way.

There are a few who aren't bothered (not 30%). And of course a number of posters on here appear to have Rangers leanings whatever the issue.

Some don't care about the titles because they want Rangers punished in a more meaningful way.

"Someone" should start a poll on here ..,

Brown says the wording of the indemnity agreement shows "it was to be as wide as possible."

From what I'm reading from the Twitter updates Green will get his bills paid.

Brown says costs decision can not wait until criminal case is over "The rainy day has arrived" he tells the court.

b0d40cbf74475f7bb4944ddc4d270040.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Maple Leaf locked this topic