The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

What is your rationale for this rather ignorant statement? You may not like his behaviour when in a Rangers jersey, but when in a maroon jersey & anytime he has appeared in the media, he comes across as an intelligent & articulate guy. I would point out he is a University graduate (USA) and I acknowledge this does not preclude him from being a pleb, however look at the facts before posting ridiculous uninformed comment.

Dave ?

...a bit disco

Got to love that wee Raith Rovers can induce such a response

They never forgave them for Turnbull Hutton. (RIP)

What is your rationale for this rather ignorant statement? You may not like his behaviour when in a Rangers jersey, but when in a maroon jersey & anytime he has appeared in the media, he comes across as an intelligent & articulate guy. I would point out he is a University graduate (USA) and I acknowledge this does not preclude him from being a pleb, however look at the facts before posting ridiculous uninformed comment.

This is by far my favorite Weir Interview.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24462513

Love knowing that when rangers go through a rough patch this is the guy that has to motivate them out of it.

I P Knightley

Someone on Twitter has said this is owned by Hugh Dallas and Campbell olgilvie. Anyone know if this is true "

It is true.

Someone did say it on Twitter

Not only is it roughly a correct version of events at the time but was the membership not granted (to allow the rangers entry into the 3rd division) only based on green submitting the full ownership and business plan for the future. Green was in charge at rangers for the season of 2012/13 so surely in theory if the club was gained through fraud and the sfa membership was granted based on what could be fraudulent information then the whole licence (assuming it's still the same licence that was granted in 2012) is invalid.

Surely this question needs to be asked of the sfa, and also why they keep ignoring their own rules for the rangers like the ex director of a liquidated company or convicted multi million tax cheat.

Who's got the balls and the influence to ask it, though?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Who's got the balls and the influence to ask it, though?

The media should be asking it, but they won't!

This is by far my favorite Weir Interview.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24462513

Love knowing that when rangers go through a rough patch this is the guy that has to motivate them out of it.

Love the bit at the end when talking about the players lacking confidence, and he says nobody can give them confidence, they have to find it within themselves.  No wonder they were languishing near the bottom of League 1 if that is the kind of motivation they were getting from the manager.

...a bit disco

Can we stop the 1690 patter. Chronic.

To be fair, 1690 is only 3 pages away.

But if it proves that Whyte was part of Sevco Scotland, doesn't that invalidate their application to join the league?

And the current chairman was part of Whyte's Board of Directors. How will that be viewed?

And the current chairman was part of Whyte's Board of Directors. How will that be viewed?

As with the banks, Rangers and Scottish football should have been cleansed of all the directors and key executives abd emoloyees involved from the time of deliberate non discloure.

But that would have meant the LNS Heads of Terms putting Campbell Ogilvie in the dock.

Ashley may be about to call in his debt. Murray park is no longer part of loan agreement and questions are being asked about the validity of the loan secured by Ashley given who negotiated it.

Which is why I wonder why the High Court appointed who they did.

As I understand it, the court didn't have options to choose from. Rangers petitioned to go into administration appointing Duff and Phelps. The court didn't have any good reason to reject it. Had HMRC moved faster, they would have got their application to put rangers into administration heard first and their preference would have been appointed. I don't think it was up to the court to choose between them.

Malinga the Swinga

As I understand it, the court didn't have options to choose from. Rangers petitioned to go into administration appointing Duff and Phelps. The court didn't have any good reason to reject it. Had HMRC moved faster, they would have got their application to put rangers into administration heard first and their preference would have been appointed. I don't think it was up to the court to choose between them.

Not the scenario I recall. HMRC asked for their administrator to be appointed but White's Rangers, the club that died (sorry but you need to repeat that for the hard of thinking who exist on this thread) were given something like 24 hours to get D&P appointed by the judge before he would consider HMRC's application.

If you are correct, fair enough, but I am sure Farin, FF or someone will know for sure.

Ashley may be about to call in his debt. Murray park is no longer part of loan agreement and questions are being asked about the validity of the loan secured by Ashley given who negotiated it.

It is strange how the Ashley 5 million pound loan repayment details have all gone quiet the last news we got was the Glib Liar saying it was not high up on his priority list and he was more interested in the super salary ending his gardening wages, you can see the way the glib liar operates if he is due to pay some thing  ( it is not important ) if he can save pounds ( it is very important )

Footballfirst

Not the scenario I recall. HMRC asked for their administrator to be appointed but White's Rangers, the club that died (sorry but you need to repeat that for the hard of thinking who exist on this thread) were given something like 24 hours to get D&P appointed by the judge before he would consider HMRC's application.

If you are correct, fair enough, but I am sure Farin, FF or someone will know for sure.

Almost correct.  Whyte had given notice the previous day that the club was likely to go into administration, but HMRC got to the court first the following day with a petition seeking to appoint their administrator. However, the Court gave Rangers just a couple of hours to get their chosen administrator appointed.  IIRC there were a couple of mad dashes along the M8 to get their paperwork in order, before they succeeded in getting D&P appointed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17026172

Alternatively, read the first few pages of this thread.

Edited by Footballfirst

It is strange how the Ashley 5 million pound loan repayment details have all gone quiet the last news we got was the Glib Liar saying it was not high up on his priority list and he was more interested in the super salary ending his gardening wages, you can see the way the glib liar operates if he is due to pay some thing ( it is not important ) if he can save pounds ( it is very important )

From what I have been hearing this week the next 10-12 weeks are going to be crucial in what happens at Ibrox. Why they signed so many loan signings and why Dave king hasn't invested.

If the rangers fans are so fickle that they think Ashley is just going to walk away they are very much mistaken. Lambada from what I have read is back in Glasgow purely to make sure that certain assets don't just disappear off the books. Murray park has apparently already gone as part of greens involvement in the club....owned by an unknown party....that was originally secured on Ashley's loan.

I have heard rumblings about a car park outside of Ibrox now being used as security. Not sure what significance this has but must mean something to Ashley. Wether he calls in his debt in the next few weeks remains to be seen but he ain't gonna walk without his loan.

From what I have been hearing this week the next 10-12 weeks are going to be crucial in what happens at Ibrox. Why they signed so many loan signings and why Dave king hasn't invested.

If the rangers fans are so fickle that they think Ashley is just going to walk away they are very much mistaken. Lambada from what I have read is back in Glasgow purely to make sure that certain assets don't just disappear off the books. Murray park has apparently already gone as part of greens involvement in the club....owned by an unknown party....that was originally secured on Ashley's loan.

I have heard rumblings about a car park outside of Ibrox now being used as security. Not sure what significance this has but must mean something to Ashley. Wether he calls in his debt in the next few weeks remains to be seen but he ain't gonna walk without his loan.

What a load of rubbish. You seem to think you can post anything and not be questioned about it...of course that is from what I have been hearing

Wilson worth ?2m, Holt worth ?3m. At least they haven't lost their sense of humour. [emoji3]

5ace4fee2631accaffe879a15b45804c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Internet forums and methadone dont really go together, do they? 

Malinga the Swinga

What a load of rubbish. You seem to think you can post anything and not be questioned about it...of course that is from what I have been hearing

is the post you are referring to not just repeating Phil Mac Whatever his name is.

Really ?

Sportscotland, at the time known as the Scottish Sports Council, gave the Rangers oldco ?650,000 towards the facility, which opened in 1999.

The organisation's funding has no known repayment terms other than that it is able to recoup its money in full if Murray Park is ever sold for non-football purposes.

Sportscotland also hold the right to refuse any other security being granted on the property to any other persons, meaning an agreement had to be struck with Rangers and Ashley's Sports Direct company.

Looks like SportScotland will have something to say about that.

Really ?

Sportscotland, at the time known as the Scottish Sports Council, gave the Rangers oldco ?650,000 towards the facility, which opened in 1999.

The organisation's funding has no known repayment terms other than that it is able to recoup its money in full if Murray Park is ever sold for non-football purposes.

Sportscotland also hold the right to refuse any other security being granted on the property to any other persons, meaning an agreement had to be struck with Rangers and Ashley's Sports Direct company.

Looks like SportScotland will have something to say about that.

Aware from a reliable source that Sport Scotland have taken steps throughout the whole Rangers debacle to protect themselves and their charge over Murray Park. They did agree to Ashley's involvement earlier in the year. The deal both for Ashley and Sport Scotland is solid.

Aware from a reliable source that Sport Scotland have taken steps throughout the whole Rangers debacle to protect themselves and their charge over Murray Park. They did agree to Ashley's involvement earlier in the year. The deal both for Ashley and Sport Scotland is solid.

I'd agree that sports scotlands charge over murray mints park is solid as it pre dates the switcheroo between sevco's however, ashley's is not "solid" as the granter of that security may not have legally owned it and therefore may not have had the authority to grant ashley security, allegedly.

But if it proves that Whyte was part of Sevco Scotland, doesn't that invalidate their application to join the league?

Even if it did I think the words of the day would be "de facto" as it stands now.

Are you Joe Kinnear?

Oh no, wait.  He referred to the guy as Lambezi.

Ok maybe not coming across well. The loan from Ashley was secured on various properties owned by Rangers. Because of what has transpired from the arrest of white and especially green, these properties eg Murray park may not actually be owned by the them therefore that makes Ashley's loan of 5m look likely that he could lose his cash if they went into administration again. thus doesn't effect his retail contract with the club.

As for lambada I quite clearly meant Llambias. Night shift was quite clearly catching up on me but it's nice to know you noticed my mistake.

Wilson worth ?2m, Holt worth ?3m. At least they haven't lost their sense of humour. [emoji3]

5ace4fee2631accaffe879a15b45804c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quality, looks like the sort of thing you'd see on deludedfuds.net. Tavernier 7.5m, this is a guy that has had more clubs than tiger woods, if he was any good at a reasonable level someone else would have found out by now.

coming from you that is hilarious

My favourite is the automatic increase in their value to the tune of ?1m when promoted. [emoji23]

Yup, wonder what our squad is worth then?

My favourite is the automatic increase in their value to the tune of ?1m when promoted. [emoji23]

Should we expect a payment for Wilson and Holt? 

A couple of million would be nice, start the new stand fund....

:toilet:

Yup, wonder what our squad is worth then?

?15-20million, easily.

?1m per player.  

:tiny:

Ok maybe not coming across well. The loan from Ashley was secured on various properties owned by Rangers. Because of what has transpired from the arrest of white and especially green, these properties eg Murray park may not actually be owned by the them therefore that makes Ashley's loan of 5m look likely that he could lose his cash if they went into administration again. thus doesn't effect his retail contract with the club.

As for lambada I quite clearly meant Llambias. Night shift was quite clearly catching up on me but it's nice to know you noticed my mistake.

The only properties the legal action effects is ibrokes and murray mints park, the car park and asbestos house were purchased by RIFC after the IPO from their owners(possibly murray?) so their ownership will not be under question in the forthcoming legal action and will be covered by ashleys security whatever happens.

I believe that if sevco suffer an insolvency event then ashley can purchase all of rangers retail that he does not currently own.

The only properties the legal action effects is ibrokes and murray mints park, the car park and asbestos house were purchased by RIFC after the IPO from their owners(possibly murray?) so their ownership will not be under question in the forthcoming legal action and will be covered by ashleys security whatever happens.

I believe that if sevco suffer an insolvency event then ashley can purchase all of rangers retail that he does not currently own.

What do you think the chances are for another insolvency event?

It will be interesting to see what Campbell Dallas have to say when they audit the accounts. "Going concern" warning , anyone ?

Any normal business would have gone bust by now, their ability to get loans never ceases to amaze me, however, they will need more money long before the season ends, the legal action makes it harder to attract investment via share issues as there is a big question mark over the ownership of the assets. the only people who will buy shares are the supporters or current shareholders, no one else will touch them with a bargepole.

I hope they do go under but their capacity to limp along(with help from the SFA/SPFL) should not be underestimated.

Glamorgan Jambo

Their chances of going bust again are IMO slim...

.... provided someone steps in and funds this seasons defecit. I beleive they are hoping for a share issue later this year to this end.

Footballfirst

I see that Sheriff Sean Murphy has granted the Crown a three month extension to present a case against Craig Whyte and others.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1328245-crown-get-extra-time-to-bring-ex-rangers-owner-craig-whyte-to-trial/

Prosecutors have been granted an extra three months to bring former Rangers owner Craig Whyte and four others to trial over the alleged fraudulent acquisition of the club.

The Crown Office on Thursday asked for an extension to the date when an indictment must be served on those charged in connection with the alleged fraudulent purchase of Rangers in 2011.

Prosecutors had until September 17 to present their case against the club?s former owner Craig Whyte, joint administrators Paul Clark and David Whitehouse, ex-club secretary Gary Withey and David Grier.

At court proceedings in Glasgow on Monday, legal arguments continued after the Crown requested the extension to their deadline on Thursday.  Sheriff Sean Murphy QC told lawyers at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Monday he would grant a three-month extension to the time bar in the case.

All five men were charged in November 2014 accused of being involved in a fraudulent scheme when Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray for ?1 in 2011.

Their chances of going bust again are IMO slim...

.... provided someone steps in and funds this seasons defecit. I beleive they are hoping for a share issue later this year to this end.

Who exactly is going to provide funds? 

David 'Glib & Shameless Liar' King has already shown that he's not willing to spend the kids' inheritance on Rangers and there seems to be no sign of the many investors who he said were just falling over themselves to invest in Rangers before he took over, they seem to have disappeared.  The 3 bears is doubtful as there've already been stung for a few million and I would be surprised for them to put money into something which somebody else may own and they would lose their money. 

As for a share issue I think the impending court case's and the uncertainty over who owns what assets has put paid to that idea, as nobody will invest in something which somebody else may own, just like the above. 

I think it has been shown that Rangers have had difficulty raising funds prior to the latest arrests and charges and with those new charges it has just got a whole lot more difficult.

Are they in imminent danger of going bust, no I don't think so, but they will need more money before the end of the season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Rangers have a great hand IMO. They'll easily win the championship by 25 points paving the way for a relatively hassle-free Administration, or am I missing something?

Edited by OFhater

Rangers have a great hand IMO. They'll easily win the championship by 25 points paving the way for a relatively hassle-free Administration, or am I missing something?

The problem with that is that they have to be out of admin when the new season starts otherwise it's a -25 points start(based on the premise that they are the same club), also any administrator will look to cut costs with salary cuts, redundancies etc, so players can walk if they don't like them. Going into admin is not an easy option and there is also whether admin is enough to rid them of the loans that they have and any contracts that might be in place bleeding them dry, it's not an easy option and has consequences.

It will be interesting to see what Campbell Dallas have to say when they audit the accounts. "Going concern" warning , anyone ?

Not likely, unless they are looking forward to being threatened with violence or having their windows put in.

maybe

not really in their interests re credit etc but maybe

The problem with that is that they have to be out of admin when the new season starts otherwise it's a -25 points start(based on the premise that they are the same club), also any administrator will look to cut costs with salary cuts, redundancies etc, so players can walk if they don't like them. Going into admin is not an easy option and there is also whether admin is enough to rid them of the loans that they have and any contracts that might be in place bleeding them dry, it's not an easy option and has consequences.

Was pretty easy for them last time, no redundancies etc, although I would hope D&P wouldn't be appointed next time.

Was pretty easy for them last time, no redundancies etc, although I would hope D&P wouldn't be appointed next time.

More chance of King spending his kids' inheritance on der hun than D&P getting that gig again.

If there were any money owing to HMRC you can imagine the protests hector would put up, with justification I might add giving what may or may not have happened the last time. 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

• Maple Leaf locked this topic