The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Serious Organised Crime means crime involving two or more persons acting together for the principal purpose of committing or conspiring to commit a serious offence or a series of serious offences. 

Could we get Regan and Doncaster on that charge then?

alwaysthereinspirit

Is it to differentiate from organised crime where the perpetrators were only doing it for a laugh?

So along the lines of Godfather versus Goodfellas?

Footballfirst

A couple of legal issues from earlier.

The Crown Office has issued a warning on Twitter about disclosure re the Rangers Case(s)

Please note that the Rangers case remains live under Contempt of Court Act and nothing should be published that might prejudice the case

==============================

The Crown Office have asked for an extension re the Whyte & Co cases that started last November

Crown asks for extension to present case over alleged fraudulent purchase of Rangers in 2011 http://bit.ly/1LYeeeO 

Edited by Footballfirst

alwaysthereinspirit

chas_1569314a.jpg

'Wilfully ignorant'.

Going by the number of blue shirts in that photo Newcastle Utd are just raking it in.

In my time working in insolvency the creditors were never a priority over the business. Saving the company was paramount and if that failed then we'd look after the interests of the creditors.

I'm pretty certain all IP's are the same.

It wasn't possible to save though, the business was being liquidated, the assets sold. This was no cva.

A totally different company, Sevco, was given priority over the creditors, that doesn't seem right to my non expert eye

I am no expert nor have any professional background here. But I keep an eye on news about corporate finance etc. Its been said often that the US is much more vigilant on corporate crime perhaps to protect its market system but also to ensure fair play so people are not put off investing. Maybe the UK is starting to catch up.

Used to be.  No longer.

...a bit disco

I wonder if Whitey will get his quid back?

Pence in the pound settlement I would imagine.

As an aside, a recent court case in Edinburgh for paltry amounts compared to the Rangers case, resulted in 2 council staff and contractors jailed for upwards of 24 months to 48 months (iirc) on charges of fraud .

There were also huge proceeds of crime involving spouses, assets etc

If anyone found guilty in this case , the penalties will be nearer 10 years.

When's the movie?

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Just a query but should the license for the rangers to play in Scottish football not now then become void or suspended as the same agreements for them to be allowed to jump straight into division 3 were made under certain conditions, however it now looks like those conditions were actually agreed with a "new" club being run/owned by the same person that forced them into administration in the first place and totally against sfa legislation.

Edited by Maroon tinted glasses 2

who knows what some of the more recent laws pick up

spy laws have been used for minor things for example

I am no expert nor have any professional background here. But I keep an eye on news about corporate finance etc. Its been said often that the US is much more vigilant on corporate crime perhaps to protect its market system but also to ensure fair play so people are not put off investing. Maybe the UK is starting to catch up.

This will take its course but my feeling is this will be major and by far the biggest episode so far in the saga.

The easiest way to answer the question re differences between the US and the Uk is. The US jailed the culprits, we didn't.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

snigger! [emoji23]

557b17b8c6ef6a4f939c1a2ef2154e26.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must have left his wallet at his friend Craig's house that day. :(

I P Knightley

Just a query but should the license for the rangers to play in Scottish football not now then become void or suspended as the same agreements for them to be allowed to jump straight into division 3 were made under certain conditions, however it now looks like those conditions were actually agreed with a "new" club being run/owned by the same person that forced them into administration in the first place and totally against sfa legislation.

Whilst I think this is a correct version of the events at the time, I highly doubt that anyone in the SFA would be be prepared to push the button that triggers "Armageddon" as a result.

Could we get Regan and Doncaster on that charge then?

I very much doubt it.  Their self interest was solely to see a 'Rangers' football team participating in the highest league possible.  Their plans were scuppered when the SPL Chairmen voted to eject Oldco from the SPL and then it was the SFL Chairmen that decreed that Newco be elected to Div. 3. 

On an aside I am becoming more and more inclined towards separating tribulations from the current football club owned by King et al from the previous ownership(s) under Green & Whyte.  The issue to be debated in the coming months will be the rightful ownership of the assets.  If Green bought the club  fraudulently then the assets (Ibrox, Murray Park, etc.) may revert back to Oldco which King may have to purchase from the Liquidators.  I am sure HMRC will be watching with interest.

Barney Rubble

If fraud on a massive scale " no laughing at the back " has taken place then how deep does it go ? , are the sfa implicated in this as it was them that granted sevco the licence to commit the alledged fraud and what would the implications be for the game as a whole ???

That's them got their bogeymen, and can now set about sweeping the whole unseemly mess under the carpet.

No more questions as to the conduct of David Murray, Campbell Ogilvie etc. Amazing what having friends in high places will do...

If fraud on a massive scale " no laughing at the back " has taken place then how deep does it go ? , are the sfa implicated in this as it was them that granted sevco the licence to commit the alledged fraud and what would the implications be for the game as a whole ???

I would say they'd be up to their necks in it. Rangers wouldn't have a license but for a five way agreement between both parties.

Surely the charges only relate to the acquisition of Rangers and the assets rather than have anything to do with what league institution the team played in.

I P Knightley

Surely the charges only relate to the acquisition of Rangers and the assets rather than have anything to do with what league institution the team played in.

If we're lucky, there will be subsequent questions to answer which may point the finger at the SFA. Not holding my breath, though.

...a bit disco

That's them got their bogeymen, and can now set about sweeping the whole unseemly mess under the carpet.

No more questions as to the conduct of David Murray, Campbell Ogilvie etc. Amazing what having friends in high places will do...

Well it certainly worked for Rebekah Brooks...

Whilst I think this is a correct version of the events at the time, I highly doubt that anyone in the SFA would be be prepared to push the button that triggers "Armageddon" as a result.

That button is well and truly cushioned with a big sign saying 'DO NOT PUSH' sprawled all over it. 

I very much doubt it.  Their self interest was solely to see a 'Rangers' football team participating in the highest league possible.  Their plans were scuppered when the SPL Chairmen voted to eject Oldco from the SPL and then it was the SFL Chairmen that decreed that Newco be elected to Div. 3. 

On an aside I am becoming more and more inclined towards separating tribulations from the current football club owned by King et al from the previous ownership(s) under Green & Whyte.  The issue to be debated in the coming months will be the rightful ownership of the assets.  If Green bought the club  fraudulently then the assets (Ibrox, Murray Park, etc.) may revert back to Oldco which King may have to purchase from the Liquidators.  I am sure HMRC will be watching with interest.

The current entity playing in blue out of Ibrox are not involved in all of this as far as I'm aware.  Just how long that entity will be playing at Ibrox is another matter entirely and even if they did manage to stay at Ibrox just how much could it cost them and does the glib and shameless liar even have that kind money to buy Ibrox if it did indeed revert back to Oldco?  Is there any Billionaires out there perhaps?

Yes you are correct, however none of us know where the next set of questions will lead to.

There are I would bet quite a few people who have very squeaky bums just now. 

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Footballfirst

RIFC has found themselves a new auditor ....... good luck to Campbell Dallas on that gig.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10030-board-announcement

RANGERS International Football Club PLC is pleased to announce the appointment of Campbell Dallas LLP as new Company auditors.

Campbell Dallas LLP is an award-winning, progressive and dynamic Scottish-based firm of independent Chartered Accountants and this alliance should be regarded as yet another important milestone as the RIFC Board continues to regenerate the Club.

This appointment follows on from securing the services of Peterhouse Corporate Finance as ISDX corporate adviser.

It appears that PMGB's sources got this one right.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/rifc-auditor-search-continues/

Edited by Footballfirst

RIFC has found themselves a new auditor ....... good luck to Campbell Dallas on that gig.

RANGERS International Football Club PLC is pleased to announce the appointment of Campbell Dallas LLP as new Company auditors.

Campbell Dallas LLP is an award-winning, progressive and dynamic Scottish-based firm of independent Chartered Accountants and this alliance should be regarded as yet another important milestone as the RIFC Board continues to regenerate the Club.

This appointment follows on from securing the services of Peterhouse Corporate Finance as ISDX corporate adviser.

Any relation to Hugh? Lol!

Someone on Twitter has said this is owned by Hugh Dallas and Campbell olgilvie. Anyone know if this is true "

Footballfirst

Rangers continuing to seek to build bridges with other clubs.........not.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10031-club-statement

RANGERS FC insists there are no grounds for Raith Rovers? allegation that a rule breach may have been committed by the Club. Rangers also consider that Raith Rovers' spurious claim could have besmirched the honour of assistant manager David Weir by making specific reference to him.

Neither Rangers nor David Weir acted wrongly in requesting the return from Under-19 Scotland duty of Ryan Hardie ahead of tomorrow?s Ladbrokes Championship match against Raith Rovers. This was done with the approval of the SFA, within the rules and in the full knowledge that Raith Rovers would be offered the same opportunity to bring Craig Wighton, their loan player from Dundee, home.

They declined but then issued a statement alleging Rangers has somehow broken the rules. This action is baffling.

Rangers, as many other clubs have done in the past, acted within the rules and the very thought that David Weir, who served his country with great distinction winning 69 caps, might have been trying to undermine an international side is preposterous.

Rangers has also written directly to Raith Rovers Chief Executive Eric Drysdale seeking to understand his Club?s motive behind such vexatious action and an apology to David is the very least Raith Rovers should be offering.

RANGERS FC insists there are no grounds for Raith Rovers? allegation that a rule breach may have been committed by the Club. Rangers also consider that Raith Rovers' spurious claim could have besmirched the honour of assistant manager David Weir by making specific reference to him.

Neither Rangers nor David Weir acted wrongly in requesting the return from Under-19 Scotland duty of Ryan Hardie ahead of tomorrow?s Ladbrokes Championship match against Raith Rovers. This was done with the approval of the SFA, within the rules and in the full knowledge that Raith Rovers would be offered the same opportunity to bring Craig Wighton, their loan player from Dundee, home.

They declined but then issued a statement alleging Rangers has somehow broken the rules. This action is baffling.

Rangers, as many other clubs have done in the past, acted within the rules and the very thought that David Weir, who served his country with great distinction winning 69 caps, might have been trying to undermine an international side is preposterous.

Rangers has also written directly to Raith Rovers Chief Executive Eric Drysdale seeking to understand his Club?s motive behind such vexatious action and an apology to David is the very least Raith Rovers should be offering.

That is actually sick-making.

Is (David, whilst at Tynecastle) Davie Weir actually a god, or something ?

Footballfirst

Someone on Twitter has said this is owned by Hugh Dallas and Campbell olgilvie. Anyone know if this is true "

More likely to be Fraser Campbell and Robert Dallas, as partners past and present.

The current entity playing in blue out of Ibrox are not involved in all of this as far as I'm aware.  Just how long that entity will be playing at Ibrox is another matter entirely and even if they did manage to stay at Ibrox just how much could it cost them and does the glib and shameless liar even have that kind money to buy Ibrox if it did indeed revert back to Oldco?  Is there any Billionaires out there perhaps?

Very much this.  Much as I dislike the club (past, present & future) the fraud investigation is about the previous transfer of ownership of RIFC and not the current reincarnation. 

Very much this.  Much as I dislike the club (past, present & future) the fraud investigation is about the previous transfer of ownership of RIFC and not the current reincarnation. 

But if it proves that Whyte was part of Sevco Scotland, doesn't that invalidate their application to join the league?

That is actually sick-making.

Is (David, whilst at Tynecastle) Davie Weir actually a god, or something ?

Davy Weir is a ****ing pleb.

But if it proves that Whyte was part of Sevco Scotland, doesn't that invalidate their application to join the league?

It opens a big can of worms. It would mean the whole basis for Sevco being allowed to enter the league was built on dishonesty.

Irrelevant and petty.

Just another thing to keep the fans minds off the lack of funds provided by their convicted criminal and his cohorts.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I'd be very surprised, indeed, if TRFC are not very much affected by the current police investigation and impending court proceedings. If, as seems likely, much of the case surrounds the sale of RFC's assets to Sevco (Scotland) by the administrators, and it is found to be a fraudulent transaction, then TRFC will have obtained the assets fraudulently, as TRFC is Sevco (Scotland) under a new name. There is no re-sale involved that could be argued as 'bought in good faith', and the directors involved were, at the time, the same people involved in the transfer of the assets to Sevco. Until the proceedings are brought to a conclusion, there can be no decision made on who truly owns the assets, and that could take years of legal argument to decide.

If TRFC manages to survive through all their other problems, they might well be best advised to plan ahead assuming the loss of the stadium etc, or the need to find the money to rent it or buy it some time in the future.

'An apology is the very least that Raith Rovers should be offering'

Just what else does Rangers want Raith to do?

What an arrogant bigoted bunch of arse holes that lot are, just who do they think they are?

The quicker HMRC & the fraud squad shut them down the better.

I'd be very surprised, indeed, if TRFC are not very much affected by the current police investigation and impending court proceedings. If, as seems likely, much of the case surrounds the sale of RFC's assets to Sevco (Scotland) by the administrators, and it is found to be a fraudulent transaction, then TRFC will have obtained the assets fraudulently, as TRFC is Sevco (Scotland) under a new name. There is no re-sale involved that could be argued as 'bought in good faith', and the directors involved were, at the time, the same people involved in the transfer of the assets to Sevco. Until the proceedings are brought to a conclusion, there can be no decision made on who truly owns the assets, and that could take years of legal argument to decide.

If TRFC manages to survive through all their other problems, they might well be best advised to plan ahead assuming the loss of the stadium etc, or the need to find the money to rent it or buy it some time in the future.

Yes.

They are finding it impossible to raise external finance as it stands currently. This only makes it harder still.

disgruntledfan

Will they still be able to list themselvs on the ISDX exchange with all this going on ?

As I would imagine there shares have pretty much no value to anyone outside Rangers.

Will they still be able to list themselvs on the ISDX exchange with all this going on ?

As I would imagine there shares have pretty much no value to anyone outside Rangers.

They've apppinted an advisor with a view to an ISDX listing but looking at the onerous (for them) criteria, I would say it's highly unlikely that they'd be accepted.

My current favourite is the Rangers fans saying that the current court case shows that the media should have been stronger in exposing possible wrong-doing at Ibrox and that the fans were right all along.

Er.....anyone else remember the Rangers fans demo at the bbc when they reported all might not be well?

Jam Tarts 1874

"Vexatious action"

Is that in the Kama Sutra?

:tiny:

Just a thought about the media.

On Wednesday the Sun in England had its front page like others with the dead Syrian 3 year old boy with the aim of pressurising the UK Government to do something.

In Scotland the Sun's front page was about the Rangers fans jeering Whyte at his Police appearance. Sad really but Rangers draw the attention.

Got to love that wee Raith Rovers can induce such a response

Probably not the actual joining of the old SFL but it would put into question how Sevco got SFA Associate Membership to allow it to qualify for election to Div 3 over (say) Spartans. And why Chuckles was so reluctant to divulge who his backers were.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Not only is it roughly a correct version of events at the time but was the membership not granted (to allow the rangers entry into the 3rd division) only based on green submitting the full ownership and business plan for the future. Green was in charge at rangers for the season of 2012/13 so surely in theory if the club was gained through fraud and the sfa membership was granted based on what could be fraudulent information then the whole licence (assuming it's still the same licence that was granted in 2012) is invalid.

Surely this question needs to be asked of the sfa, and also why they keep ignoring their own rules for the rangers like the ex director of a liquidated company or convicted multi million tax cheat.

Davy Weir is a ******* pleb.

What is your rationale for this rather ignorant statement? You may not like his behaviour when in a Rangers jersey, but when in  a maroon jersey & anytime he has appeared in the media, he comes across as an intelligent & articulate guy. I would point out he is a University graduate (USA) and I acknowledge this does not preclude him from being a pleb, however look at the facts before posting ridiculous uninformed comment.

Footballfirst

Not only is it roughly a correct version of events at the time but was the membership not granted (to allow the rangers entry into the 3rd division) only based on green submitting the full ownership and business plan for the future. Green was in charge at rangers for the season of 2012/13 so surely in theory if the club was gained through fraud and the sfa membership was granted based on what could be fraudulent information then the whole licence (assuming it's still the same licence that was granted in 2012) is invalid.

Surely this question needs to be asked of the sfa, and also why they keep ignoring their own rules for the rangers like the ex director of a liquidated company or convicted multi million tax cheat.

In that circumstance, the SFA will call in Sandy Bryson to state that a membership, once granted, remains valid until such times as it is revoked.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic