The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

If a game is finely balanced Rangers will get the crucial decisions in their favour. 

You mean like that offside goal in the last minute of the first leg against motherwell?

You mean like that offside goal in the last minute of the first leg against motherwell?

Someone didn't get the memo about payoffs for the playoffs.  :2thumbsup:

or the red card for Stephen Pearson in the second leg

Any news on EGM/AGM vote results?

i hate to bump my own post............... but is the vote result not due today?

It's all gone a little quite. 

Guest Bilel Mohsni

According to the Times today Warburton and Weir are going to "make an instant impact" at Ibrox! New signing targets already identified. Weir is understood to have been watching signing targets for several weeks so that they could be pursued as soon as possible.

That implies that Warburton and Weir knew they were going to be appointed weeks ago!

Would explain why he looked so sheepish standing there in McCall's old spot on BT Sports, and refused to comment on McCall's chances of getting the gig permanently. :rofl:

Danny Wilson, Lewis McLeod ( on loan) 2 or 3 other decent signings and Vukic if Ashley will allow him. Still won't win the league methinks

i hate to bump my own post............... but is the vote result not due today?

It's all gone a little quite.

Buried under the good news perhaps? Not heard anything myself yet, sorry.

Got the feeling, maybe the Gers are beginning to get their act together. I know Warburton Kneads the dough (i am milking this pun) but if he is given an open chequebook there are alot of decent players he may be able to sign...........still want the Hibbees to beat them to the league

They probably with get some sort of act together, eventually, given the freakish nature of how fan support is split in this country. I like to look back on the act since 2012. Liquidated - unable to fulfil fixtures by definition. 'Joke' or diddy clubs in Scotland have avoided this - those playing in front of a few hundred. And they even failed to complete the journey.even with the benefit of extended play offs and a budget well in excess of everyone else.

Edited by Riccarton3

Jeez, is that a month already? Seems like 2NaFish is back 'on' again. It's gonna be a long 5 days for her!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Jeez, is that a month already? Seems like 2NaFish is back 'on' again. It's gonna be a long 5 days for her!

:lol:

I also don't think you should keep slavering on about titles won after being liquidated. Surely, that is the ultimate failure. I think the self delusion sums up the desperate nature of reflected glory in a fishbowl environment, exacerbated by sectarian history.

But probably getting their act together.....

Just don't mention sloppy joes and po boys etc

tartofmidlothian

Danny Wilson, Lewis McLeod ( on loan) 2 or 3 other decent signings and Vukic if Ashley will allow him. Still won't win the league methinks

Doubt Mike will, the way things are.

He was the only good thing about them the last few months, its already a big job to replace him.

Seymour M Hersh

I always understood it that the only paper one could "take" was the Telegraph. 

One "takes the Telegraph".     (I definitely don't)

Others simply buy, get or read other papers.

You would take The Times as well. 

If a game is finely balanced Rangers will get the crucial decisions in their favour.

So why did this grand scale positive discrimination not manage to get them into the top league then ?

Surely they will need the decisions even more when the game ISNT finely balanced ?

Nah. Not having it.

I hope you saw what I wrote last time.

You would take The Times as well. 

Ok. It doesn't iron so well, as the broadsheet Telegraph, one finds.

I am very confident that Dave King is using the "roll out good news to hide very bad news" technique in his quest to get some much needed season ticket revenue.

There may be some very bad news heading their way (if the three-pronged MA attack is to be believed). That would have a direct impact on ST sales so DK is driving the Sevco PR machine into overdrive.

- Appoint a new manager and make sure his assistant is a "real Rainjurz man"? - Check.

- Have the newspapers talk about major signings of ex-players and war chestz? - Check.

- Push season ticket campaign to get funds in? - TBC....

We all are aware of the still perilous financial state they are in, King wants the Orcs money and quick.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Ok. It doesn't iron so well, as the broadsheet Telegraph, one finds.

Back in the days of outside lavs, my grandad used to take a selection of papers out with him for a long sit. Always maintained that the Times was better on the whole.

disgruntledfan

Has there been any news on the outcome of the EGM ? I thought the result was supposed to be announced today.

Jambo 4 Ever

I am very confident that Dave King is using the "roll out good news to hide very bad news" technique in his quest to get some much needed season ticket revenue.

There may be some very bad news heading their way (if the three-pronged MA attack is to be believed). That would have a direct impact on ST sales so DK is driving the Sevco PR machine into overdrive.

- Appoint a new manager and make sure his assistant is a "real Rainjurz man"? - Check.

- Have the newspapers talk about major signings of ex-players and war chestz? - Check.

- Push season ticket campaign to get funds in? - TBC....

We all are aware of the still perilous financial state they are in, King wants the Orcs money and quick.

What is the potential bad news you speak of?

Footballfirst

Has there been any news on the outcome of the EGM ? I thought the result was supposed to be announced today.

They may have decided to keep the results confidential, so as not to break the SD injunction/interdict. :whistling:

Maybe they'll announce them to the stock exchange in the morning ................... oh wait!!!

Edited by Footballfirst

disgruntledfan

They may have decided to keep the results confidential, so as not to break the SD injunction/interdict. :whistling:

Maybe they'll announce them to the stock exchange in the morning ................... oh wait!!!

Now would it not be funny if they had actually lost the vote (highly doubt it) and had to pay back big bad Mike his cash.

Footballfirst

Now would it not be funny if they had actually lost the vote (highly doubt it) and had to pay back big bad Mike his cash.

We had some discussion a few days ago about whether or not the terms of the SD Loan had been breached or whether it was payable on demand.  I've had a look at the securities held by SD and the Payment covenants within each. (I'm still not clear if it is payable now).

Auchenhowie Security

qOLYreP.jpg

Edmiston House and Albion Car Park

gLOZSqb.jpg

Floating Charge

JoPoJ0D.jpg

IP Rights

qBk11IT.jpg

Share Assignation

r7oy4lm.jpg

Trade Marks

iloxyMp.jpg

So we have a mix of being payable on demand, when due for payment, when overdue, and a facility whereby the payment can be accelerated.  The various securities seem to cover all the options.

I find it surprising that the securities are not written in a consistent way.

We had some discussion a few days ago about whether or not the terms of the SD Loan had been breached or whether it was payable on demand.  I've had a look at the securities held by SD and the Payment covenants within each. (I'm still not clear if it is payable now).

Auchenhowie Security

qOLYreP.jpg

gLOZSqb.jpg

Floating Charge

JoPoJ0D.jpg

IP Rights

qBk11IT.jpg

Share Assignation

r7oy4lm.jpg

Trade Marks

iloxyMp.jpg

So we have a mix of being payable on demand, when due for payment, when overdue, and a facility whereby the payment can be accelerated.  The various securities seem to cover all the options.

Just a thought but if it was payable on demand why has it not been demanded and why waste time calling a meeting ?

I think we can safely assume it is not payable on demand...at one point yes it will be repayable but not at present.

Just a thought but if it was payable on demand why has it not been demanded and why waste time calling a meeting ?

I think we can safely assume it is not payable on demand...at one point yes it will be repayable but not at present.

meeting more likely to be part of a wider game by Ashley

maybe even just a bit of a "[Mod Edit] you"

Footballfirst

I think we can safely assume it is not payable on demand...at one point yes it will be repayable but not at present.

Perhaps SD has asked for it to be repaid and Rangers have said no. 

The phraseology used by SD in the EGM request suggests that SD is uncertain if it is "payable on demand", but equally so I don't think Dave King is certain that it isn't "payable on demand" either, certainly going by his "we will pay it if we have to" comment.  That suggests to me that neither party is 100% certain of their position and it may need the courts to decide. However with SD not overly confident of the outcome they haven't gone down that route (yet).

Two Resolutions will be put to the GM.

Ordinary Resolution 1

The first Resolution has been suggested by MASH. It seeks shareholders? support for the principle that the Rangers Football Club Limited (Club), a subsidiary of the Company, is released from the Facility arrangements between the Club and SportsDirect.com Retail Limited (Sports Direct) through the Directors of the Company (Directors) resolving to procure the repayment in full of the loan of ?5 million (Facility) owed by the Club to Sports Direct as soon as possible after the passing of this Resolution. 

Sevco Scotland Ltd was formed on 29 March 2012[30] as a means for Charles Green to acquire the assets of Rangers FC. Sevco Scotland Ltd (subsequently renamed The Rangers Football Club Ltd) was formed to ensure that if the formation of a new company was required in the event of a CVA being rejected, then the Club's corporate entity would be a Scottish registered company as it has always been. When the CVA failed the assets of The Rangers Football Club Plc (subsequently renamed RFC 2012 plc) were then sold for ?5.5 million.[31][32][33]

So Rangers on their website refer to TRFCL (Club) in the resolutions for the GM. Sevco was formed on the above date and changed their name to TRFCL, i.e. the club soon after.

How is it possible that Mark Warburton has just been appointed as the manager of the most successful team in the world like all my Rangers supporting mates are telling am and posting about on social media when the club is only 3 years old?

disgruntledfan

So Rangers on their website refer to TRFCL (Club) in the resolutions for the GM. Sevco was formed on the above date and changed their name to TRFCL, i.e. the club soon after.

How is it possible that Mark Warburton has just been appointed as the manager of the most successful team in the world like all my Rangers supporting mates are telling am and posting about on social media when the club is only 3 years old?

You have to realise that no matter what the courts say, BDO, even the Almighty himself, the SFA said they were the same club ( namely Duncaster) so according to all orcs the liquidation never took place and they only went to division 3 to help out smaller clubs, such is there generosity.

FF, that loan agreement makes interesting reading, there must be method in his madness regarding the different ways he has securities over the assests. I still think he will play another card from his hand and maybe appoint his 2 directors to the board, just for the sheer hell of it.  

What is the potential bad news you speak of?

The possibility that they will lose a courtroom battle with Mr Ashley over the outstanding ?5m sum that they are due and/or possibly losing a separate courtroom battle with the same man over the share price rigging.

I doubt that both are imminent but you never know. One thing I think most of us are in agreement over is that they don't have much money. If Warburton is going to have to start to build his squad then he needs cash (even if that is just wages on free transfers and not war chests), and that cash certainly won't come from Mr King!

FF, that loan agreement makes interesting reading, there must be method in his madness regarding the different ways he has securities over the assests. I still think he will play another card from his hand and maybe appoint his 2 directors to the board, just for the sheer hell of it.

Now that would certainly throw a spanner in the works!

So, here we are with another City wide boy running the show.  They sure can pick 'em.  I've read the endless copies of the Traynor "press release" and not one of them asked the question, "Are they paying you more than McCoist?"  I bet they are for the risks involved.  3 year contract......could be another guy on the gardeners' payroll after Christmas. 

Now, Davie Weir.  Did his job at Tynecastle when plucked by Jim Jeffries from Falkirk but he too likes big pay days.  He's got this one worked out well though.  If Warburton fails, he's next in line.

Funny how the MSM never picked up on the EGM vote either?  Due Monday, wasn't it?

"they've got to deal with the experience of playing out there in front of 35000 people"

Who told him that more realistic figure ?

GLIB won't be happy !

I P Knightley

"they've got to deal with the experience of playing out there in front of 35000 people"

Who told him that more realistic figure ?

GLIB won't be happy !

That's only realistic if Hibs bring all their travelling supp... oh, wait!

Fort Vallance

So, here we are with another City wide boy running the show.  They sure can pick 'em.  I've read the endless copies of the Traynor "press release" and not one of them asked the question, "Are they paying you more than McCoist?"  I bet they are for the risks involved.  3 year contract......could be another guy on the gardeners' payroll after Christmas. 

Now, Davie Weir.  Did his job at Tynecastle when plucked by Jim Jeffries from Falkirk but he too likes big pay days.  He's got this one worked out well though.  If Warburton fails, he's next in line.

Funny how the MSM never picked up on the EGM vote either?  Due Monday, wasn't it?

Nothing been announced yet ?

Bert Train ?@Berttrain 1h1 hour ago

@TheClumpany @scotsman_foot is there a boycott on reporting the failure to disclose EGM vote? Board would have had it on Friday. Jabba kens

Celtic Collectibles ?@CollectCelticFC 13h13 hours ago

TBF to Lying King and Sevco Board They did say EGM results would be out Monday. They just never said which Monday...

BRAVEHEART1874

Auchenhowie Security

qOLYreP.jpg

gLOZSqb.jpg

Floating Charge

JoPoJ0D.jpg

IP Rights

qBk11IT.jpg

Share Assignation

r7oy4lm.jpg

Trade Marks

iloxyMp.jpg

Seems to be a question mark on Auchenhowie security did sportscotland even give their consent to this and could this trigger a payment request ?

One of the conditions of the security is that nobody else can be given security over Auchenhowie without written permission from sportscotland, which they have an absolute right to refuse.

As expected, the sevco shareholders voted against Ashley's EGM resolution to pay back his ?5m loan.

Full breakdown

1. Pay back Mike Ashley's loan: yes 46%, no 54%

2.Renegotiate Sports Direct deal: yes 62.5 %, no 37.5 %

Presumably, Ashley just says "no" to any renegotiation.  The whole EGM thing has been a farce.   Funny, though.

Fort Vallance

Presumably, Ashley just says "no" to any renegotiation.  The whole EGM thing has been a farce.   Funny, though.

And expensive.

disgruntledfan

As expected, the sevco shareholders voted against Ashley's EGM resolution to pay back his ?5m loan.

Full breakdown

Geez resolution 1 was a lot closer than I thought it would be, if only 9% had voted the other way, come to think about it, it was probably MAs MASH that voted against it, as what they have at the moment is a great deal on the retail side. Wouldnt that just be lovely haha

doctor jambo

Geez resolution 1 was a lot closer than I thought it would be, if only 9% had voted the other way, come to think about it, it was probably MAs MASH that voted against it, as what they have at the moment is a great deal on the retail side. Wouldnt that just be lovely haha

5% swing would have nailed it

Sevco can now expect court proceedings from Mash to be delivered anytime now.

Did the EGM even begin to try and explain the delisting as requested by MASH?

Yeah i thought they had a duty to explain the de listing and any other questions put to them for this EGM

Res 1 was way closer than i thought it would be.

Edited by Jamboelite

Yeah i thought they had a duty to explain the de listing and any ptherqiestions put to them for this EGM

Can only imagine there was some rangers fans trying to force Kings hand while hoping to get rid of Ashley

I'm suprised no one has "leaked" details of what was discussed and in what context. Strangely quite.

disgruntledfan

Yeah i thought they had a duty to explain the de listing and any ptherqiestions put to them for this EGM

I think they did say something along the lines of they had 2 nomads, one rejected them after doing due diligence and the other probably after he spoke to the first. They basically only paid lip service to it.

Full breakdown

As someone else has mentioned, presumably the 'renegotiate Sports Direct deal' is just bluster from GaSL? Ashley will be under no pressure to actually negotiate?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic