The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Calling bullshit on this one. I can understand a player being that thick, but there is not a chance in the world that a players agent would allow a flawed contract like that the be signed.

Why does Phil not just name the player?

He always talks in riddles with never anything concrete, and none of his comments ever being near the truth.

B*llshit is the word, for Phil.

Why does Phil not just name the player?

He always talks in riddles with never anything concrete, and none of his comments ever being near the truth.

B*llshit is the word, for Phil.

I heard it is lee Wallace

Rudolf's Mate

Sounds like a load of pish to me. Trigger is one of their better performers and is liked by the fans, which, let's be honest is pretty rare these days!

Ibrahim Tall

Wallace didn't sign for Charles Green, Rangers were an SPL side at the time and it was during Whytes time.

Secondly, if it was Wallace the CL clause would actually make sense given they were in the CL at the time. Wasn't he also,settled with a kid at the time he signed for them also? Hardly fits in with the trying to impress a girl story.

If there's any truth in it my money's on Templeton or Cammy Bell.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Hiring a Lambo is not the same as buying one...if I earned 10k per wk I could afford to do that. As far as excess goes has he nothing better than that to brighten up his story?

Edited by Spellczech

Rangers fans in my work said Wallace too.

Trying to impress a bird, while in a long term relationship and a kid.

Kicking about East Craigs in an top end Italian sports car.

Kissing the badge, while raking in cash well above the level of football he is playing at.

If it is Wallace, much respect.  Acting like the EPL player he should have been if his g/f hadn't put the foot down 3 years ago.

colinmaroon

Trying to impress a bird, while in a long term relationship and a kid.

Kicking about East Craigs in an top end Italian sports car.

Kissing the badge, while raking in cash well above the level of football he is playing at.

If it is Wallace, much respect.  Acting like the EPL player he should have been if his g/f hadn't put the foot down 3 years ago.

The way Wallace played tonight, I think it could well have been him, if you get my drift.

Edited by colinmaroon

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12299859.html one odd thing is that Murray talks constantly of damage to the brand yet there is no impairment or revaluation of the ?16m that they attach as the value of the Rangers brand...

with the news that Ashley owns the IP then I guess this pointwas prescient...

Apologies if already posted, but this appearing on BBC football regarding Ashley's control over Rangers branding...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32244625

"Launch probe"  = the current board don't know what they inherited (or , in this case, didn't inherit) or the current board just playing dumb to avoid some very awkward questions ? It says something even now about the Glasgow media that Sevco still faces extinction but all they care to print is trivia about loan deals and badges.

Sevco now officially don't have a pot to piss in. MA is literally laughing all the way to the bank. And it shouldn't be forgotten that if it wasn't for MA , Sevco would have been in admin months ago.

Can't wait for the next instalment in this fiasco. King needs the fans to pony up the ST cash as soon as he can but will probably have to wait until after the playoffs are settled. In the meantime MA sits back , counts his Rangers Retail cash , waits for the dust to settle and then comes back with his two nominations for the board. More popcorn required yet.

"Launch probe"  = the current board don't know what they inherited (or , in this case, didn't inherit) or the current board just playing dumb to avoid some very awkward questions ? It says something even now about the Glasgow media that Sevco still faces extinction but all they care to print is trivia about loan deals and badges.

Sevco now officially don't have a pot to piss in. MA is literally laughing all the way to the bank. And it shouldn't be forgotten that if it wasn't for MA , Sevco would have been in admin months ago.

Can't wait for the next instalment in this fiasco. King needs the fans to pony up the ST cash as soon as he can but will probably have to wait until after the playoffs are settled. In the meantime MA sits back , counts his Rangers Retail cash , waits for the dust to settle and then comes back with his two nominations for the board. More popcorn required yet.

this brand ownership issue is a massive problem. It makes up most of the Balance Sheet...if they don't own the IP or the land then the club is worth very little indeed...

d72eda68e85adcb0c03d4514b7fc1b28.jpg

Big Mike even owns broxi bear. [emoji4]

I wonder if this will plunge them into insolvency again...there appears to be a big hole in their Balance Sheet all of a sudden...pretty much all the assets left could be 3million of player registrations, which you have to suspect must be the ones that are not out of contract in the summer, or else these could need a big writedown too...looks like the accounts issued last week may as well have been written on loo roll... Edited by Spellczech

Unknown user

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there will be investment (King will pony up) there will be no admin and Ibrox will still be an asset.

They won't get to the top as quickly as their fans would like but it'll happen quicker than our fans would like

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there will be investment (King will pony up) there will be no admin and Ibrox will still be an asset.

They won't get to the top as quickly as their fans would like but it'll happen quicker than our fans would like

Much will depend on how the rest of this season goes. If they don't make it up to the top league, I reckon they are in bother.

Hear's hoping!

What do these 5 stars represent anyway - nice quality Brandy? 

I only found out over the weekend what they stood for - I had assumed that they had won some diddy European cups in the past that no longer exist (in addition to the Cup Winners).

Each star represents 10 league championship wins. 5 representing the 50 plus. Its obviously just a coincidence that to unwitting observers it makes it look as if they have been 5 times more successful in Europe than Celtic.

I was surprised that UEFA didnt have some sort of ownership of the symbolism of the stars

I only found out over the weekend what they stood for - I had assumed that they had won some diddy European cups in the past that no longer exist (in addition to the Cup Winners).

Each star represents 10 league championship wins. 5 representing the 50 plus. Its obviously just a coincidence that to unwitting observers it makes it look as if they have been 5 times more successful in Europe than Celtic.

I was surprised that UEFA didnt have some sort of ownership of the symbolism of the stars

Don't the Italians do similar for Seria A as well per 10 titles?

The pinnacle for national teams is the World Cup and the pinnacle for clubs in Europe, is the Champions League/European Cup.

These are the stars I really respect.

Real Madrid (not the most successful club in Europe due to being miles behind Rangers and Linfield) have won that many CL/ECs, it would look tacky to have that many stars on their tops. :)

Edited by DETTY29

Aye - this isn't new - it's the one thing they can hold over the 'Tic and they do it frequently. Just this last week on Facebook there were Bluenoses sharing a TalkSport webpage on most successful clubs and bragging about their 54 titles. 

54 titles of which a fair number they couldn't really afford. 

d72eda68e85adcb0c03d4514b7fc1b28.jpg

Big Mike even owns broxi bear. [emoji4]

So say you bought a football top how much goes to Ashley and how much goes to them?

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/History/1/UK00002207355

25 March 2015 Event Recordal Registration. Recordal Type: Full Assignment Text Full Assignment RC000034666 received on date 12/03/2015 has been recorded, resulting to the change of ownership from The Rangers Football Club Limited (id: 267202, country: GB) to Sportsdirect.com Retail Limited (id: 48839, country: GB). The effective date of assignment is 27/01/2015.

04 March 2014 Event Recordal Registration. Recordal Type: Licences Text Licence RC000015048 received on date 25/02/2014 has been recorded for Licensee Rangers Retail Limited (id: 352572)

So what does all this mean?

Means he can shut them down anytime he wants by saying they are using his trademarks etc  Or they have to change it.

They have to pay Ashley ??? for the priviledge of using broxy bear and even the name rangers etc

All of our trademarks are owned by Sports Direct, even phrases like "Follow Follow", "Ready", "Broxi Bear", "R.F.C", Even the name "Rangers FC"

All our badges, crests, merchandise EVERYTHING is now owned by Sports Direct.

Club needs to address this immediately.

Effectively, Sports Direct can charge us for using the name "Rangers", can charge us for using our badges, can charge us for merchandise, can basically charge us for whatever the **** they like.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=281942&page=3&do=findComment&comment=1062609503

Edited by steve444

The Newcastle United owner, who owns 8.92 per cent of the Light Blues, has also managed to grab a floating charge on the club as well

as taking Murray Park, Edmiston House, Albion Car Park and the club's registered trademarks - including the Rangers crest - as

collateral.

Something stinks here. These registered trademarks should still be owned by RFC. The loan only granted them security.

Who the **** sold them to Sports Direct? If I was on the board Leach and Lambias would have some explaining to do this afternoon.

I'm actually raging at this.          

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=281942&page=2&do=findComment&comment=1062609378

Even Zombies are waking up to the fact Ashley is a sneaky dirty rat lol

Edited by steve444

J Cheever Loophole

Means he can shut them down anytime he wants by saying they are using his trademarks etc  Or they have to change it.

They have to pay Ashley ??? for the priviledge of using broxy bear and even the name rangers etc

Oh Lordy, make it come to pass. Ta hunners.

So what does all this mean?

Almost all revenue relating to these trademarks are sitting outwith The Rangers however when they pay back the ?5m they are owe MA then they get these back.

Confirmed on SSN

Edited by Jamboelite

10yntzm.jpg

Rangers board launches probe after it emerges Mike Ashley owns ALL rights to the club's trademarks

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-board-launches-probe-after-5487885

Launches probe lol  People on this thread have done better probe os the situation than them suits could ever do.  They should have known this lol

Edited by steve444

disgruntledfan

So does this really mean in real terms that Rangers shares are worth diddly squat to anyone as MA has whole thing tied up, I would imagine anyone selling whats remaining of their shares may have to give them away, glorious news.

Bungalow Bill

So does this really mean in real terms that Rangers shares are worth diddly squat to anyone as MA has whole thing tied up, I would imagine anyone selling whats remaining of their shares may have to give them away, glorious news.

Mike Ashley has played an absolute blinder.

I think it practical terms the shares are fairly worthless. I can't see a dividend ever being paid out either.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=281942&page=2&do=findComment&comment=1062609378

Even Zombies are waking up to the fact Ashley is a sneaky dirty rat lol

To be fair, they demanded that he would not use Ibrox or Murray Park as security for the loan. They got what they wanted, but did they seriously expect him to lend them the money with no security, or benefits at all, despite their history (or lack of it). Edited by Claudia

Almost all revenue relating to these trademarks are sitting outwith The Rangers however when they pay back the ?5m they are owe MA then they get these back.

Confirmed on SSN

The loan was to be paid back in five years time. I wonder if there are any penalty clauses in the agreement relating to any early repayment of the loan. Knowing Ashley, and his ability to sow everything up tight in this sort of agreement, that would not surprise me.

Almost all revenue relating to these trademarks are sitting outwith The Rangers however when they pay back the ?5m they are owe MA then they get these back.

Confirmed on SSN

dimples

You really have to wonder while all this is going on, over on Bearsden.....................

bennybongo

bennybongo

Jorg Albertz

•  
  • Reserve Team
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 121 posts

Posted Today, 10:49 AM

Depends how much King will spend. I reckon 20M if we are promoted. If that is wisely invested it will guarantee 2nd, and maybe a push for the title. Need to wait and see. I think north of 30M would be ideal and give us a good shout for winning the title and getting back to the top table in Europe.

disgruntledfan

The loan was to be paid back in five years time. I wonder if there are any penalty clauses in the agreement relating to any early repayment of the loan. Knowing Ashley, and his ability to sow everything up tight in this sort of agreement, that would not surprise me.

Oh I can just see the conversation.

PM  "Mikey boy theres your cash, you will just need to cash in the ginger bottles at the corner shop"

MA  "Cheers"

PM  "So can we have our trademarks back pwetty pwease"

MA  "No and there is Jack shit you can do about it"

How they can allow another company to take control over there trademarks is astonishing, you know that old saying "possession is 9 tenths of the law" well big Mikey boy actually has the whole kit and caboodle and if he does say no, it would be a long, long drawn out court case that Sevco could not afford to fight and in reality would never win.

Edited by disgruntledfan

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Ashley's too smart for them. The reason he's such a ferocious businessman is that he is not motivated at all by ego or emotion. Rangers have been run on nothing but for 30 years. They'll never get the better of Ashley. They'll simply have to play along with him.

You really have to wonder while all this is going on, over on Bearsden.....................

bennybongo

bennybongo

Jorg Albertz

•  
  • Reserve Team
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 121 posts

Posted Today, 10:49 AM

Depends how much King will spend. I reckon 20M if we are promoted. If that is wisely invested it will guarantee 2nd, and maybe a push for the title. Need to wait and see. I think north of 30M would be ideal and give us a good shout for winning the title and getting back to the top table in Europe.

Back at the top table? As far as I remember they had one decent season in Europe about 25 years ago!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Back at the top table? As far as I remember they had one decent season in Europe about 25 years ago!

It will cost north of ?300 million, too. ?30 million wouldn't even buy di Maria's right foot.

Does it really matter what he loan is secured against? Just pay it back and that's that. Perhaps they can't stomach even parting withmoney to protect their assets , never mind actual investment.

Just read some comments above re five year loan agreement and possible terms. Oh, dear. Oh, my.

Edited by Riccarton3

• Maple Leaf locked this topic