The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I did say "apparently", but sevco might be preoccupied tomorrow . [emoji6].

e030d0580dc0a63adae5d5e7477ef820.jpg

Rangers: No, we don't.

SPFL: Ok, thanks for that. Not much we can do about it to be honest.

The Old Tolbooth

But it was David Robertson who convinced Sarver to part with ?18m :rofl: 

I knew that was a crock of shit when I first read it! :lol: 

0b8d0ed1c25107fd1a7b8df88ef96b5e.jpg

The club will not go under "again" ? [emoji6]

I wonder if Llambias will produce a balance sheet, money out against money in. Not to mention where any funds are coming from and how they will repay existing loans and any future loans.

Will Doncaster accept a "Eh sure we will be fine, honest".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did say "apparently", but sevco might be preoccupied tomorrow . [emoji6].

e030d0580dc0a63adae5d5e7477ef820.jpg

SPFL - "Do you have enough funds to see you until, the end of the season?"

Whoever answers the phone in Ibrox - "Yes"

SPFL - "Thanks. Have a nice day."

Francis Albert

And what exactly is the big deal if they do go under "again"? They spend another year in the second tier? Which on current form is very likely anyway.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And what exactly is the big deal if they do go under "again"? They spend another year in the second tier? Which on current form is very likely anyway.

Armageddon, obviously.

alwaysthereinspirit

Armageddon, obviously.

I don't think two armageddons are possible. Unless the first Armageddon was more filibustering.

Charlie-Brown

What is Armageddon anyway? Is it that the other half of the duopoly will sink back to mediocrity, Sevco will continue to self destruct & we might actually get a meaningful title race with those pesky Diddy teams blocking access to lucrative champions league monies.....is that Armageddon?

What is Armageddon anyway? Is it that the other half of the duopoly will sink back to mediocrity, Sevco will continue to self destruct & we might actually get a meaningful title race with those pesky Diddy teams blocking access to lucrative champions league monies.....is that Armageddon?

It's Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, Simon says, Fort Knox robbed.

Sorry that's Die Hard 2.

Armageddon appears to be where clubs in Scotland start getting their shit together, become self sustainable with the potential to turn a profit and increase attendances. It also appears to be where the two leagues with 'Old firm' in them are lead by teams outside of Glasgow.

Armageddon has been a bitch for all the wee provincial clubs

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sorry that's Die Hard 2.

And it was the Federal Reserve in NYC

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry that's Die Hard 2.

Die Hard 3, I think you'll find. :amirite:

Charlie-Brown

Armageddon appears to be where clubs in Scotland start getting their shit together, become self sustainable with the potential to turn a profit and increase attendances. It also appears to be where the two leagues with 'Old firm' in them are lead by teams outside of Glasgow.

Armageddon has been a bitch for all the wee provincial clubs

Dare we say it that Armageddon is a little local difficulty confined solely to Ibrox, Parkhead & Hampden? Is a Glasgow problem?

Spot on "adayinmay".......

"Rangers boss Derek Llambias gives personal guarantee to SPFL chief Neil Doncaster: We will not go bust"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-derek-llambias-gives-4930632

Extract from that article by Keefy.

Sarver is expected to make another 7am statement this morning in response to this request as well as the rejection of his ?18m buyout, which would have seen him land a controlling 51 per cent stake through the release of new shares.

-------------------

And his twitter account an hour or so earlier.

Some good news on the klaxon thing. Now told there is nothing planned for 7am. So we can all have a lie in.

----------------

Very fluid position.

Angry Haggis

Some one feel free to pull up the league rules on funding evidence requirements and league penalties for failure to do so please...

But it seems what has transpired here is only a verbal assurance, which reading between the lines is vague and gives the impression (as well all assume) of trading whilst insolvent.

Any serious governance of the club and league rules would surely look for an actual balance sheet? Of course not.

CavySlaveJambo

But any takeover like the one proposed by Sarver would require an EGM would it not? Because of the resolution about allowing existing share holders to buy to keep them at the same percentage as they have now. 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

So it is basically the case of:

"Do you have enough funds to see out the season?"

"Yes"

"Ok. Thanks"

Even though thy clearly don't.

Edited by Claudia

Geoff Kilpatrick

But any takeover like the one proposed by Sarver would require an EGM would it not? Because of the resolution about allowing existing share holders to buy to keep them at the same percentage as they have now.

It would need an EGM irrespective of that resolution.

The SFA are only leaking this to the press in attempt to head off dissent so they don't need to take any real action, aren't they?

Jambof3tornado

What is the business plan to the seasons end? More emergency loans? Early early bird season ticket sale? And does the longer term plan revolve around being in the top flight next season? And what if they miss out?

The Mighty Thor

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/fed-up-fans-could-boycott-rangers-forever-warns-former-chairman-193609n.115659162

Fed-up fans could boycott Rangers forever, warns former chairman Alastair Johnston

Poor old Alastair doesn't understand the difference between a boycott of his beloved club based on genuine dissatisfaction at the way it's been ripped apart by the spivs and the more likely glory hunting, neanderthal orcs giving up because their team is utter shite and they are winning nowt.

I P Knightley

Poor old Alastair doesn't understand the difference between a boycott of his beloved club based on genuine dissatisfaction at the way it's been ripped apart by the spivs and the more likely glory hunting, neanderthal orcs giving up because their team is utter shite and they are winning nowt.

He doesn't seem to understand "walking away".

Victor Meldrew

Is it a pretty fair summary of the last few hundred pages to say that, basically, they're ****ed?

Seems to me that it is: emergency loans required to keep the wolf from the door; a hostile takeover bid putting the club into 'lockdown' during the transfer window; fans unlikely to return in their droves without new signings.

A downward spiral?

Love it. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

I wonder if Llambias will produce a balance sheet, money out against money in. Not to mention where any funds are coming from and how they will repay existing loans and any future loans.

Will Doncaster accept a "Eh sure we will be fine, honest".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All its going to be is a lunch among friends

Doncaster - So Mr Llambias do you have the cash to see out the season.

Llambias - Aye Mike will give us more cash but of course he has no influence.

Doncaster - Well that's alright then,champagne all round and put it on Mike's tab.

So it is basically the case of:

"Do you have enough funds to see out the season?"

"Yes"

"Ok. Thanks"

Even though thy clearly don't.

Then Dungcaster will have to explain what he saw to allow them to continue.

Both him and the Huns goosed.

Win win.

Is it a pretty fair summary of the last few hundred pages to say that, basically, they're ****ed?

Seems to me that it is: emergency loans required to keep the wolf from the door; a hostile takeover bid putting the club into 'lockdown' during the transfer window; fans unlikely to return in their droves without new signings.

A downward spiral?

Love it. Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

With the added satiaction that it is weakening the tims too.

Then Dungcaster will have to explain what he saw to allow them to continue.

Both him and the Huns goosed.

Win win.

Will he ?

I think it will just be a case of - The SPFL board are satisfied blah blah blah

Livingston had to pay a bond of ?720,000 to prove that they could complete the season.

True, but no chance they will ask the ersatz rangers for a bond.

All its going to be is a lunch among friends

Doncaster - So Mr Llambias do you have the cash to see out the season.

Llambias - Aye Mike will give us more cash but of course he has no influence.

Doncaster - Well that's alright then,champagne all round and put it on Mike's tab.

Will he ?

I think it will just be a case of - The SPFL board are satisfied blah blah blah

This is what will happen, no other assurances required, no business plan, no balance sheets and no bond required as sevco are too big to fail and scotish football will just crumble without them. Corruption and cheating from those who run our game, but nothing new there in favouring the ugly twins from glasgow.

Surely even with them saying we have people willing to give us loans.

Where are they going to get the money to pay back these loans?

They have no sellable assets aside from property.

It's like the cow in Me, Myself and Irene and that bird in Austin Powers,

Why won't they just die?

Sevco goes bust , Celtic are losing ?10 million a season as Sevco not in the top league (says Lawell) and Scottish football goes back 60 years as didy clubs compete for trophies, regularly. I find it quite appealing.

Sevco goes bust , Celtic are losing ?10 million a season as Sevco not in the top league (says Lawell) and Scottish football goes back 60 years as didy clubs compete for trophies, regularly. I find it quite appealing.

Very appealing.

Murray park will be the next asset a loan will be secured against, another play by Mike Ashley to get his hands on the free advertising. With the American guy having ties to MA it just further backs up my theory, of which I have no evidence other than connecting my own dots, that MA wants all the potential marketing rights to the rangers brand. If by some miracle rangers scrap their way into the prem and make the champions league, which is huge in America, the potential to make money in marketing is HUGE for MA. Little million pound loans here and there are a drop in the ocean compared to the mega bucks on offer, potentially!

Dalstonjambo

Murray park will be the next asset a loan will be secured against, another play by Mike Ashley to get his hands on the free advertising. With the American guy having ties to MA it just further backs up my theory, of which I have no evidence other than connecting my own dots, that MA wants all the potential marketing rights to the rangers brand. If by some miracle rangers scrap their way into the prem and make the champions league, which is huge in America, the potential to make money in marketing is HUGE for MA. Little million pound loans here and there are a drop in the ocean compared to the mega bucks on offer, potentially!

Genuine question - as I've seen this peddled a number of times. 

How will he make money from this? Only official sponsors of the champions league can be advertised at champions league games, all other sponsorship has to be taken down/covered up.

Also - let's say they do make it up. They will need about 20/30 million to finish above celtic - who got hammered twice by average teams and therefore didn't make the group stages - no one in America will watch Rangers vs Bate Borisov in a qualifier will they? Even then my first point still stands.

it would be cheaper for Ashley to sponsor the champions league.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic