The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It definitely points to ZombieFC going into Administration shortly but the more important thing is someone earlier calling the next post-liquidation entity Third Rangers !

Charlie-Brown

We'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those darn pesky fans.........

Look we can all still threaten our clubs with the same protests we did last time, let the mutant Doncaster and Regan give us the complete shaft with their new power grab rules to prevent "Armageddon" Scottish fitba is fecked anyway it's a corrupt cesspit sewer of corrupted vested interest, it's only club loyalties that keep us interested. The game is dying and has long since lost any credibility. That Ogilvie, Regan and Doncaster remain in position more favourably rewarded tells us all we need to know.

The Mighty Thor

The key part of the article, assuming that it is true, is the reinforcement of the SPFL Board's discretion to deal with situations as they see fit.

IMO that is a bad move as it puts the power into the hands of a few rather than the majority of clubs.

They wont make that mistake again! Particularly after 'fan power' scuppered their plans to parachute the the rangers into the SPL.

Footballfirst

They wont make that mistake again! Particularly after 'fan power' scuppered their plans to parachute the the rangers into the SPL.

It also shows that the SPL Board and the SFA didn't have the power to make the decisions they did after the failure of RFC to obtain a CVA, e.g. the 5-way agreement.

It is confirmation that they made it up as they went along.

I think that if the SPFL were stupid enough to for arguments sake "parachute the next re-incarnation of SEVCO" straight into the premiership then there would be armageddon.

I cannot see that unless the SPFL wanted to completely destroy the game in Scotland they would be so stupid as to ignore the wishes of their customers regardless of any rule that they make up on the run.

But what do I know I am sure they would and will try it if the situatuion arises....................bankers

BRAVEHEART1874

Cheers FF so it will get re discussed and introduced after sevco time ;) the liquidation part stinks surely they don't think sevco could ever be so stupid again with the tax man

Hagar the Horrible

I think that if the SPFL were stupid enough to for arguments sake "parachute the next re-incarnation of SEVCO" straight into the premiership then there would be armageddon.

I cannot see that unless the SPFL wanted to completely destroy the game in Scotland they would be so stupid as to ignore the wishes of their customers regardless of any rule that they make up on the run.

But what do I know I am sure they would and will try it if the situatuion arises....................bankers

They will push it until they see how far they can go before we all stand up again. Its not about punishing The Rangers its about a level of consistency and treating every club fairly. WE have taken our punishment post admin on the chin, I think the pre admin punishment went too far, and was part of the backlash from the Rangers saga, but none of that previous punishment was taken account of and we were punished twice for the same crime. But they will try and bend over backwards to assist Rangers but will punish harder the next poor club that ends up in our situation.

It is a problem finding that balance of punishment, its designed to stop spivs being spivs, yet we see it happening at Sevco, and it does make it harder for a club that want to come out of admin to do so, and in our case perhaps some assistance where and only where there is a fans buy out. Romanov has not been punished, SDM/Green/Whyte will all escape. Its only the fans who are being punished which is why a slight amendment to the rules to assists fan ownership and no help whatsoever to Spivs nor Sugar Daddies.

Its only the fans who are being punished which is why a slight amendment to the rules to assists fan ownership and no help whatsoever to Spivs nor Sugar Daddies.

And a whole generation of promising young footballers being asked to play more games than they should and take beating after beating (more physically than results).

Hagar the Horrible

And a whole generation of promising young footballers being asked to play more games than they should and take beating after beating (more physically than results).

Which is why there should also be a max squad size limit placed on the clubs, we are well under that, Sevco could still end up next season in admin with twice the players we have and the rest of league does

alwaysthereinspirit

Every few weeks on this thread an issue comes up like today, were Newco appear to be getting preferential treatment from the associations that are supposed to be policing the game for all club members in Scotland, and all done within the same rule parameter.

Only one other team would be treated in such a way.

These issues and the way they are handled will make it so much easier for fans of none of the two favoured to just give up and walk away. The people running our game make it more obvious with every new made up rule change that only the two Glasgow teams matter and the rest of us are only there to make up the seasons schedule. The quicker Newco are back the quicker we can get back to the way its supposed to be.

Sad.

Every few weeks on this thread an issue comes up like today, were Newco appear to be getting preferential treatment from the associations that are supposed to be policing the game for all club members in Scotland, and all done within the same rule parameter.

These issues and the way they are handled will make it so much easier for fans of none of the two favoured to just give up and walk away. The people running our game make it more obvious with every new made up rule change that only the two Glasgow teams matter and the rest of us are only there to make up the seasons schedule. The quicker Newco are back the quicker we can get back to the way its supposed to be.

Sad.

The other clubs have it in their power to do something about it - however there are too many Old Firm sycophants infesting the board rooms all over Scotland. Wholesale change is needed here - unfortunately it's never going to happen.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I'm reading this:

The Scottish Professional Football League has abandoned plans to punish clubs who enter administration with automatic demotion.

When the proposal was put forward by the president of a lower league club at an SPFL board meeting last October there was initial enthusiasm, with the feeling that such a severe sanction would act as a deterrent for any financially troubled club who viewed administration as a way to wipe out debts and remove employees from their wage bill. However, following several months of negotiations with all 42 member clubs, it has been decided not to place that punishment on the statute books.

....to mean that a proposed new rule has been abandoned as opposed to an existing one.

Rangers were not demoted, as has been stated earlier in this thread, they had to reapply as a new entity to enter into the bottom tier. And, I'm assuming that that rule stays in force.

The proposed rule change, as I understand it, would have meant that a club like Hearts (or the new rangers for that matter), would be automatically demoted rather than have a 15 point deduction for going into administration.

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

I'm reading this:

....to mean that a proposed new rule has been abandoned as opposed to an existing one.

Rangers were not demoted, as has been stated earlier in this thread, they had to reapply as a new entity to enter into the bottom tier. And, I'm assuming that that rule stays in force.

The proposed rule change, as I understand it, would have meant that a club like Hearts (or the new rangers for that matter), would be automatically demoted rather than have a 15 point deduction for going into administration.

And of course that's not going to suit the Rangers if they go into Administration shortly and they remain in that state at the start of next season. No doubt they will be looking for a may to mitigate any points deduction for them too.

Francis Albert

Quote messed -bloody phone! First para is my reply, rest original quote

It is said that the spl board will now have sole discretion in relation to liqidated clubs - in other words they csn do what they want.

I'm reading this:

Edited by Francis Albert

I don't get this not knowing what to do with a club in Div2 that goes into admin.

It's pretty simple - Highland or Lowland League.

And if a club's liquidated it's Highland or Lowland League for 3 years until they have sufficiant audited accounts. (Naturally as long as we aren't liquidated).

I've 1 question, and 1 observation.

Question - Did the SFA/SPL/SFL boards act outwith their jurisdiction in allowing SevcCo in?

Observation - Now that it seems clear that certain clubs need protecting and the rule book is thrown out of the window, why don't we completely re-invegorate(sp) Scottish football by making some serious changes

- Summer football and Play-Offs at the very top end of the league.

Edited by DETTY29

The other clubs have it in their power to do something about it - however there are too many Old Firm sycophants infesting the board rooms all over Scotland. Wholesale change is needed here - unfortunately it's never going to happen.

As of next season - we (Hearts fans) can influence a vote, and Dunfermline fans can do as well.

Two clubs out of 42 won't change the world, but it will stop the cozy little closed shop that currently seems to operate.

The very fact that fan appointed officials (directly or indirectly) will be involved in future discussions and decisions may be enough for some other Clubs to stand up and be counted for the greater good of the game. If "our" director puts forward a proposal that we, the Hearts fans, have demanded, it will become a lot more awkward for it to get dismissed without a robust and valid reason. We, and our "representative" , won't be able to be bullied, or bought off, behind closed doors.

It certainly won't be fast, and it certainly won't be easy, but I'm optimistic that what's going on at Tynecastle (and East End Park) will prove to be positive for the game as a whole.

As of next season - we (Hearts fans) can influence a vote, and Dunfermline fans can do as well.

Two clubs out of 42 won't change the world, but it will stop the cozy little closed shop that currently seems to operate.

The very fact that fan appointed officials (directly or indirectly) will be involved in future discussions and decisions may be enough for some other Clubs to stand up and be counted for the greater good of the game. If "our" director puts forward a proposal that we, the Hearts fans, have demanded, it will become a lot more awkward for it to get dismissed without a robust and valid reason. We, and our "representative" , won't be able to be bullied, or bought off, behind closed doors.

It certainly won't be fast, and it certainly won't be easy, but I'm optimistic that what's going on at Tynecastle (and East End Park) will prove to be positive for the game as a whole.

Yes light at the end of the tunnel. It's going to take a long time to turn things round all over Scotland though - the present set up stinks - and even "they" who are in charge of things know that. The sad thing is that even with that knowledge that everyone and their brother knows that the game here is rotten to the core, the people who actually run the game have absolutely no shame about how destructive their actions are.

What exactly is Whyte waiting for? My bet is he has **** all.

If you had the chance to possibly put Rangers in to admin for the second time, or better still take Ibrox from them, would you not be cautious?

There's a lot of psycho Rangers fans who'd at least threaten your life.

Dave King, a former director of Rangers? who suffered both administration and liquidation in 2012 ? claimed on Monday that the League One leaders will run out of money next month.

Footballfirst

It seems that the Rangers Supporters Trust have been the main buyer of shares over the last week or so, having purchased 200,000 to take their holding to 557,142 or (0.86%).

I guess it's a start and it does utilise a Direct Debit subscription scheme. Unfortunately not many fans appear to have bought into it so far.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rangers-supporters-trust-buy-up-more-shares-1-3303733

It seems that the Rangers Supporters Trust have been the main buyer of shares over the last week or so, having purchased 200,000 to take their holding to 557,142 or (0.86%).

I guess it's a start and it does utilise a Direct Debit subscription scheme. Unfortunately not many fans appear to have bought into it so far.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rangers-supporters-trust-buy-up-more-shares-1-3303733

It looks very much like there are going to be two competing "fans ownership" schemes, with one fronted by the Rangers Supporters Trust, and the other backed by Scottish Supporters Direct.

With them competing for shares, that should go some small way to keeping the price up for any Spivs who are selling.

:blink:

It looks very much like there are going to be two competing "fans ownership" schemes, with one fronted by the Rangers Supporters Trust, and the other backed by Scottish Supporters Direct.

With them competing for shares, that should go some small way to keeping the price up for any Spivs who are selling.

:blink:

You'd think so but RST claims to have negotiated the price down from 29p to 26p for yesterday's chunk of shares.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Haha. Well done, SPFL. Why not let teams in administration into the Prem to boost their finances.

You'd think so but RST claims to have negotiated the price down from 29p to 26p for yesterday's chunk of shares.

The Supporters Direct lot aren't up and running yet, but assuming the get going, future lots of shares on sale will be like at an auction.

jamboinglasgow

Haha. Well done, SPFL. Why not let teams in administration into the Prem to boost their finances.

They have very mixed messages they send clubs. They want clubs to be persuaded to avoid adminstration but change rules to make it not as bad, go into liquidation well as long as your friendly with the board we can let you stay in the same league. Sorry if I am being picky, but I would rather we had rules to prevent clubs getting into spiral that ultimately leads to administration, admin can be inevitable when the downward spiral is confirmed.

Its the SPFl ripping up the rules to suit them and putting in their new plans, you can tell they were angry at the fans dared to force them not to get what they wanted, so they changed this so there are no pesky fans who can hold them to order.

Charlie-Brown

It's a charter for clubs to simply ditch liabilities and carry on as a newco if the SPFL board gives them the thumbs up, no more applying to rejoin at the lowest level.

Craig Herbertson

good post

They have very mixed messages they send clubs. They want clubs to be persuaded to avoid adminstration but change rules to make it not as bad, go into liquidation well as long as your friendly with the board we can let you stay in the same league. Sorry if I am being picky, but I would rather we had rules to prevent clubs getting into spiral that ultimately leads to administration, admin can be inevitable when the downward spiral is confirmed.

Its the SPFl ripping up the rules to suit them and putting in their new plans, you can tell they were angry at the fans dared to force them not to get what they wanted, so they changed this so there are no pesky fans who can hold them to order.

This is exactly what should be in discussion at the moment. The authorities should ask to see the books of every club and make an informed decision about their long term future. The 15 point deduction is their to be abused - take the hit when you're safe from relegation and hope you can get out of admin before the next season starts.

I'm fairly certain if the covers were lifted on most clubs it would make for some grim reading. The boards are playing poker with their clubs - its all about hanging in there in the hope the scrape enough money together with a cup run or a fleeting foray into Europe. SPFL should be sanctioning clubs before they hit admin, Aberdeen have thrown money at the team this season - it may just pay off - if it had gone the other way I'd imagine they were close to admin, Killie seem to be in some sort of stand off at the moment and who knows what's going on down the leagues.

The game is in complete disarray, crowds are plummeting, sponsors have no interest, TV money looks paltry compared to other leagues, the game is run by committee and that committee has so many self interest that it cannot be deemed fit for purpose. It needs emptied and an independent board set up to run the game. The clubs can contribute with idea's but they should not be allowed to vote, its farcical.

As for Rangers - the SPFL need to step in now and demand answers - whether that's right or in the rules who cares. They are and have contributed massively to the demise of our game - they should be held accountable and told to get the house in order or they're out till they do.

This is exactly what should be in discussion at the moment. The authorities should ask to see the books of every club and make an informed decision about their long term future. The 15 point deduction is their to be abused - take the hit when you're safe from relegation and hope you can get out of admin before the next season starts.

I'm fairly certain if the covers were lifted on most clubs it would make for some grim reading. The boards are playing poker with their clubs - its all about hanging in there in the hope the scrape enough money together with a cup run or a fleeting foray into Europe. SPFL should be sanctioning clubs before they hit admin, Aberdeen have thrown money at the team this season - it may just pay off - if it had gone the other way I'd imagine they were close to admin, Killie seem to be in some sort of stand off at the moment and who knows what's going on down the leagues.

The game is in complete disarray, crowds are plummeting, sponsors have no interest, TV money looks paltry compared to other leagues, the game is run by committee and that committee has so many self interest that it cannot be deemed fit for purpose. It needs emptied and an independent board set up to run the game. The clubs can contribute with idea's but they should not be allowed to vote, its farcical.

As for Rangers - the SPFL need to step in now and demand answers - whether that's right or in the rules who cares. They are and have contributed massively to the demise of our game - they should be held accountable and told to get the house in order or they're out till they do.

I've no doubt the SFA/SPFL and Rangers are talking just now with Campbell ogilvie the key deal broker.

Edited by DETTY29

Skivingatwork

Agree with above, it would be naive to think that any pre pack discussions were not involving the SPFL/SFA to some extent. Courting their allies in high positions will all be a prerequisite to any deal...sadly.

Skivingatwork

Agree with above, it would be naive to think that any pre pack discussions were not involving the SPFL/SFA to some extent. Courting their allies in high positions will all be a prerequisite to any deal...sadly.

...........meanwhile the diddy clubs are expected to bend over, take it and STFU!

9unusytu.jpg

Could green be about to be found out to have altered documents transferring Sevco5088 into Sevco Scotland illegally ?.

Hmfc the team for me ...

All keeps the pot boiling! Don't see how there could possibly be any sort of pre pack Administrstion if there are court cases flying about over the ownership of the assets.

Simply adopt the German model. Clubs must show prior to the season beginning that they are able to cover outgoings. Not able? No licence.

Fxxx the SPFL

Hun at my work reckons Supporters Direct wont work for them even if the 25k that would possibly join the scheme contributed they would only own appx 30% of the club way short of any fan ownership so he thinks it's dead in the water.

john brownlee

Ha you have now figured out why "The Board" have supreme power and what they decides is final,

Ha you have now figured out why "The Board" have supreme power and what they decides is final,

No way, can't be. Next thing you'll be tell us is that 2+2= 4. Edited by niblick1874

i wish jj was my dad

Sad.

This is what I was thinking before I read your post. If they manipulate make up the rules again to suit their brethren after what we've endured then I seriously need to ask why I am bothering. I'm not complaining about our treatment Robinson/VR made our bed and we've got to lie in but they've pulled every stroke possible to give Der Hun a soft landing. This could be the final straw

Hate posting in this thread or reading it but this seems the most appropriate place to post this

SPFL scrap administration relegation plan

PROPOSALS that would have seen teams who enter administration automatically relegated have been dropped by the SPFL.

A Hampden source told The Sun: ?The prevailing opinion was that there were complications arising from it which raised other questions.

?For example, if a member goes into administration while playing in League Two, where would we put them? If a club wins promotion, then suffers an insolvency event, do we refuse to promote them?? (Sun)

Anyone think this is to ensure if sevco rangers go into admin this stops the SFA having to have their hand forced ?

We need this clowns out now.

Hate posting in this thread or reading it but this seems the most appropriate place to post this

SPFL scrap administration relegation plan

Anyone think this is to ensure if sevco rangers go into admin this stops the SFA having to have their hand forced ?

We need this clowns out now.

This is already being discussed and the consensus is that it is.

alwaysthereinspirit

How romantic, "buy a brick for valentine"... Ha ha ha ..

5uzypy9a.jpg

Hmfc the team for me ...

"of course we dont have money issues here at Newco. Why would you think that"

• Maple Leaf locked this topic