The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Just had a call from newco supporting business associate. Seems newco supporters trust (who have limited but some access to board), believe newco will be in admin within 12wks. Thats why they are trying to set ball rolling on the fan ownership pledge route. Makes sense really because without administration, fans could not buy enough shares to take controlling interest

Just waiting for the latest bout of "social unrest" to hit the streets of Scotland. :ninja:

With a huge crowd of 19,396 at the game last night I am sure that "they" will survive for the next what..................................couple of weeks. However perhaps just 1 as they "should" pay the Pars 1/2 the gate or whatever it is now.

So in reality they only have takings from 9698 of the fans that "don't do walking away" .

It strikes me that when it comes to cash at the gate games they have apretty poor support which will get worse over the next couple of years. Your heart really goes out to them.................................................................................F*****g not

With a huge crowd of 19,396 at the game last night I am sure that "they" will survive for the next what..................................couple of weeks. However perhaps just 1 as they "should" pay the Pars 1/2 the gate or whatever it is now.

So in reality they only have takings from 9698 of the fans that "don't do walking away" .

It strikes me that when it comes to cash at the gate games they have apretty poor support which will get worse over the next couple of years. Your heart really goes out to them.................................................................................F*****g not

Don't think the Scottish cup splits gate money.

Francis Albert

Don't think the Scottish cup splits gate money.

It does (why would an away team get no money from a one-off cup tie?).

One of the issues when rangers went into admin was a payment due to Dundee united for a cup tie at Ibrox so there must be a split of gate receipts.

It does (why would an away team get no money from a one-off cup tie?).

Away teams could get money from their own fans attending?

Sure there was a difference between the leage and scottish cup?

Of course there's a gate split in the cup. Why otherwise is there so much excitement about "big pay day" for "little club x", drawn away to an old firm team?

Scottish cup gate receipts are split 50:50 after costs.

Scottish cup gate receipts are split 50:50 after costs.

The way they've been spending money there probably won't be a lot left over!

Francis Albert

The only thing I can think of is the pooling of gate receipts in the semis. This happens in the league cup but not (maybe?) the Scottish?

The only thing I can think of is the pooling of gate receipts in the semis. This happens in the league cup but not (maybe?) the Scottish?

That also happens in the Scottish Cup.

Francis Albert

That also happens in the Scottish Cup.

OK just a guess.

Not sure why it happens in either competition though. Why semis but not quarter finals or other rounds?

OK just a guess.

Not sure why it happens in either competition though. Why semis but not quarter finals or other rounds?

Perhaps that is an idea. The money would be spread equally, rather than what you make beong purely down to a lottery.

OK just a guess.

probably to guarantee a decent windfall for getting to the semis. Usually one of the of make it, which means 40k at hampden. St mirrren versus caley would be maybe 15k. its just a guaranteed reward for sucess

More the fact that they are neutral venue. It worked for us in 1998 as the other tie was an OF derby.

So we got a quarter share of their gate after costs.

Francis Albert

probably to guarantee a decent windfall for getting to the semis. Usually one of the of make it, which means 40k at hampden. St mirrren versus caley would be maybe 15k. its just a guaranteed reward for sucess

In your example having a very decent shot at a very lucrative final place would seem a sufficient reward for St Mirren and ICT. And if the semis were say St Johnstone v Celticand St Mirren vs ICT why should St Johnstone's reward be diluted by sharing with two teams who have a much better draw and chance of progressing to the final?

If it were a more general "spreading wealth" thing by pooling receipts in all rounds it would have more logic for me. Then diddy clubs would not be rewarded (and gain

advantage over diddy rivals) by the freak of a draw that gives them as much revenue from one game as as they get in 3 or 4 whole seasons. It would probably hurt Hearts but the major losers would be Celtic and Sevco (bringing us vaguely back to topic!).

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert

More the fact that they are neutral venue. It worked for us in 1998 as the other tie was an OF derby.

So we got a quarter share of their gate after costs.

But worked against us in 2006 and 2012? I just don't see the rationale. Avoiding the OF in the semi was enough of a reward in 1998. Edited by Francis Albert

jamboinglasgow

Saw this on twitter earlier

Willie Fleming ?@Willie_Fleming 1h

Getting VERY serious hints that all could be done and dusted at Ibrox within 14 days. We're talking padlocked gates here - More as I get it.

Now, when they talk of padlocked gates, does that mean that the club just shuts down? (Obviously I am taking this news with skepticism, looking at the guys twitter it seems he is not a journalist, and keeps using the line "due to client confidentiality" to withhold more information, just curious about this idea that the stadium will be padlocked and what its suggesting.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Getting VERY serious hints that all could be done and dusted at Ibrox within 14 days. We're talking padlocked gates here - More as I get it.

Now, when they talk of padlocked gates, does that mean that the club just shuts down? (Obviously I am taking this news with skepticism, looking at the guys twitter it seems he is not a journalist, and keeps using the line "due to client confidentiality" to withhold more information, just curious about this idea that the stadium will be padlocked and what its suggesting.)

Sceptical to say the least.

Thommo in on the act too.

Retweeted by Willie Fleming

alex_thomson_d_bigger.jpgalex thomson ?@alextomo 6 hrs

@ Yes , it's common knowledge. I assume it's all over MSM on Scotland.

Collapse

Looking at Mr. Fleming's page, he very Celtic minded so padlocked gates is very much different to a managed administration.

It's a bit like the Scottish MSM only in reverse.

Edited by DETTY29

I doubt this very much. Not because he is not a journalist, though. With our press, that would not make it credible. Indeed not being a journalist can add credibility to a story. Not here though, I suspect.

Edited by Simon Says

jamboinglasgow

Thommo in on the act too.

Retweeted by Willie Fleming

alex_thomson_d_bigger.jpgalex thomson ?@alextomo 6 hrs

@ Yes , it's common knowledge. I assume it's all over MSM on Scotland.

Collapse

Looking at Mr. Fleming's page, he very Celtic minded so padlocked gates is very much different to a managed administration.

It's a bit like the Scottish MSM only in reverse.

Celtic fans dont seem to understand that when it comes from them, there is always going to be doubt, the same as when Sirgay and the like claim to know our financial dealings. In a way I can understand why the press dont really cover it, at the moment its innuendo and rumours, nothing concrete apart from the 15% wage reduction and the financial figures, have heard pundits talk about the problems, but when something becomes more clear I think they will then touch it. No conspiracy as such, just reluctance to touch a story until they are certain its true. I see Thomson says its widely known that Rangers are in danger of a major insolvency.

The Mighty Thor

Celtic fans dont seem to understand that when it comes from them, there is always going to be doubt, the same as when Sirgay and the like claim to know our financial dealings. In a way I can understand why the press dont really cover it, at the moment its innuendo and rumours, nothing concrete apart from the 15% wage reduction and the financial figures, have heard pundits talk about the problems, but when something becomes more clear I think they will then touch it. No conspiracy as such, just reluctance to touch a story until they are certain its true. I see Thomson says its widely known that Rangers are in danger of a major insolvency.

I think you're right that the press don't cover it because it's perceived that the majority of the rumours have been started by 'internet bampots', however there's no question der hun have some serious issues coming down the track and they're going to need an injection of finance from somewhere, the question is when they need that finance? now or can they nake it through to 2014/15 ST sales?

I think you're right that the press don't cover it because it's perceived that the majority of the rumours have been started by 'internet bampots', however there's no question der hun have some serious issues coming down the track and they're going to need an injection of finance from somewhere, the question is when they need that finance? now or can they nake it through to 2014/15 ST sales?

What does grate my gears will be when Rangers hit admin 2, the usual cowd will be out claiming they knew all along that newco are (rumoured) behind on VAT.

Now maybe they can't come out and say it, but surely their writing tone should at least hint at it.

But nah, it's all reporting on supporting what Walter Smith says in a positive light that Rangers are Rangers and their fans deserve ?7k to ?10k a week players to get out of the 4th division or whatever. When in reality as the 'independent' board chairman, he should have been championing austerity.

Edited by DETTY29

Rangers should have been able to progress through the leagues with minimal fuss and expense, and have a huge war chest to spend on returning to the Premiership.

Gross negligence that this hasn't happened.

The Mighty Thor

What does grate my gears will be when Rangers hit admin 2, the usual cowd will be out claiming they knew all along that newco are (rumoured) behind on VAT.

Now maybe they can't come out and say it, but surely their writing tone should at least hint at it.

But nah, it's all reporting on supporting what Walter Smith says in a positive light that Rangers are Rangers and their fans deserve ?7k to ?10k a week players to get out of the 4th division or whatever. When in reality as the 'independent' board chairman, he should have been championing austerity.

Walter spent years blowing money they didn't have as part of the 'they spend ?5, we'll spend ?10' moonbeams years. There's not a hope in hell he'd be able to get his addled napper around the concept of living within their means.

The last 18 months are proof positive that a second insolvency event is probably necessary because they didn't get the message first time round.

Walter Smith was never a suitable appointment. He contributed to Admin 1 along with his pal Murray, but seems immune for criticism, despite his denials. He continued that as Chairman. Rather than acting professionally, he behaved in the way that kept the fans appeased.

Rangers should have been able to progress through the leagues with minimal fuss and expense, and have a huge war chest to spend on returning to the Premiership.

Not really.

Their only really way to survive was to bring in a load of spivs who were looking a for a 100% (minimum) return on the intial ?5.5m investment and set out contract to strip even more. For that you must have sympathy for their fans

However,

They were warned about Murray's ways from Hugh Adam years ago.

They got people into key posiitons in the SFA / SPl registration departments.

They were warned about Whyte.

They were warned about Green and his associates

And they lapped up still the big team and that horrendous wages had to be paid because they are The Rangers.

And what have they been championing now? The return of Dave King and massive investement despite huge hurdles with the SFA and FCA still to be overcome.

Not really.

Their only really way to survive was to bring in a load of spivs who were looking a for a 100% (minimum) return on the intial ?5.5m investment and set out contract to strip even more. For that you must have sympathy for their fans

However,

And they lapped up still the big team and that horrendous wages had to be paid because they are The Rangers.

And what have they been championing now? The return of Dave King and massive investement despite huge hurdles with the SFA and FCA still to be overcome.

Surely running Rangers prudently, getting back to the top league in a position to fund the quality of player needed to challenge Celtic, and get back to Europe etc would have made those spivs 10 or 20 x their initial investment.

But you are right, too many wanting to make a quick buck without any effort as well as ridiculous spending to appease the fans is what they actually got.

The Mighty Thor

Surely running Rangers prudently, getting back to the top league in a position to fund the quality of player needed to challenge Celtic, and get back to Europe etc would have made those spivs 10 or 20 x their initial investment.

But you are right, too many wanting to make a quick buck without any effort as well as ridiculous spending to appease the fans is what they actually got.

It was all a question if timings. They thought they would have stayed in the top tier and that suited the spivs with an early return on investment, however despite the GFA and SPL playing along everyone else spoiled that party and killed the chance of a quick return on the spiv 'investment' they now need ?20m+ a year to navigate the dross leagues to finally get back to play a distant second fiddle to their ugly twin who have been pocketing champs league cash in the meantime.

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Tbh, I don't think a 2nd insolvency will change anything with their mindset. It'll just play into the victim complex they've built up and be somehow Scottish footballs fault for putting them in the 3rd division.

A year or 2 later it'll be Groundhog Day.

jamboinglasgow

Not really.

However,

They never learn do they. The years under Murray are what they expect normality should be. Because Whyte turned out to be such a dodgy character it gave Rangers fans an excuse, to say that Murrays were fine they were always ok if it was not for that dodgy character Whyte and the bank. It misses out they were in this mess due to Murray's borrowed spending.

They need to learn that they can only spend what they earn and not to trust owners with dodgy pasts. We have learnt that the hard way and decided the only way out of it is for fans to take over and run the club sensibly.

kingantti1874

It's beyond negligence, their wage bill is 30% of turnover.. It's thievery by people who see them as a cash cow.. I

There job is to come out with it. If it is not, then they should tell us so. if they do not they are corrupt.

the spivs are everywhere though. Their shareholding is riddled with hedge funds, investment cos, and crooks. None of them will give an inch in terms of control, real or perceived, yet none of them have invested enough to really care what happens.

It's beyond negligence, their wage bill is 30% of turnover.. It's thievery by people who see them as a cash cow.. I

no it's not its 90% of turnover. More a matter of who is on the payroll.

People need to take a chill pill when talking about Sevco player salaries. This all came about because Green bought the club lock stock and barrel and the players transferred over under TUPE. The problem for Green is that they didn't all transfer (yup, some did walking away big time) and so he missed out on the chance to flog players for a profit. In addition guys like Fat Salary , Elbows and Lee Wallace all stayed on their current salaries - because that is the law under TUPE. Im not defending Sevco but after all the hubris on here and TSFM , not a single person has said what Sevco could legally do to reduce those salaries. It might have been OK if they hadn't had to start in the bottom tier because ST income would have been higher. In the end they should have kept the ST levels high enough to maintain the wages. But they didn't. When you add in the outrageous bonuses taken by the board and the ?3 million siphoned off to cover the IPO costs there was never going to be enough to pay the wages. Shame.

beijingandrew

People need to take a chill pill when talking about Sevco player salaries. This all came about because Green bought the club lock stock and barrel and the players transferred over under TUPE. The problem for Green is that they didn't all transfer (yup, some did walking away big time) and so he missed out on the chance to flog players for a profit. In addition guys like Fat Salary , Elbows and Lee Wallace all stayed on their current salaries - because that is the law under TUPE. Im not defending Sevco but after all the hubris on here and TSFM , not a single person has said what Sevco could legally do to reduce those salaries. It might have been OK if they hadn't had to start in the bottom tier because ST income would have been higher. In the end they should have kept the ST levels high enough to maintain the wages. But they didn't. When you add in the outrageous bonuses taken by the board and the ?3 million siphoned off to cover the IPO costs there was never going to be enough to pay the wages. Shame.

It was after they knew of which division they would be playing in when they signed Faure, Daly, Law, Foster, Black, Sandaza, Templeton, Argyriou and many more. Not signing those players is what they could have done to reduce the wage bill.

It was after they knew of which division they would be playing in when they signed Faure, Daly, Law, Foster, Black, Sandaza, Templeton, Argyriou and many more. Not signing those players is what they could have done to reduce the wage bill.

. The spiivs had d to create the impression for the orcs that all was well by signing these players. They well knew that they'd be off with the pockets stuffed with cash before the game was up. What we are seeing just now is the end game with the corpse being picked clean. The next few weeks will be interesting. Edited by Deevers

One thing is for sure, it was not because they were railroaded in to this. It is all corrupt because of them. They can go piss up a rope.

To reduce sevco's eye watering cash burn they'll enter voluntary admin & cancel selected high earners contracts. Then they'll come out quickly with a more reasonable wage bill.. All this will be well planned/timed...

The clocks ticking re funds & unless Wallace gets loans/investment into them they'll run out of cash pretty soon. Stockbridge said April but how accurate was he with the truth ?.

Hmfc the team for me ...

surely the SFA wont allow them to keep their licence. Thought they were on 3 years probation after last time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

surely the SFA wont allow them to keep their licence. Thought they were on 3 years probation after last time.

:rofl:

Oh bless!

kingantti1874

There is absolutely no possibility that they will not exist, none at all and there is no possibility that the Scottish football authorities will not facilitate their return. Best to reconcile yourself to that now

Guest oldcastlerock2012

There is absolutely no possibility that they will not exist, none at all and there is no possibility that the Scottish football authorities will not facilitate their return. Best to reconcile yourself to that now

Sad but true. They will go into admin and take the 25 pt hit when its mathmatically impossible for anyone to catch them.

Basically this would be one of the most blatant and cynical cases of financial doping we've seen, with the sfa and spfl standing by and watching it unfold.

However the 25 pt penalty will be seen as a victory as it will solidify their campaign to be seen as the same Rangers as always. The media will as ever facilitate and promote this campaign and attempt to give it credibility.

The media and fans will also make the club out to have been victims of a series of spivs, ignoring the role of the likes of mccoist and smith in getting them back to this position.

Once Rangers are safely promoted and in a managed admin, the sfa, etc will then tighten the rules to punish the next club this happens to much more harshly.

Rangers will then get back to their old spending ways - cheered on by the media every step of the way.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by oldcastlerock2012

Sad but true. They will go into admin and take the 25 pt hit when its mathmatically impossible for anyone to catch them.

Basically this would be one of the most blatant and cynical cases of financial doping we've seen, with the sfa and spfl standing by and watching it unfold.

However the 25 pt penalty will be seen as a victory as it will solidify their campaign to be seen as the same Rangers as always. The media will as ever facilitate and promote this campaign and attempt to give it credibility.

The media and fans will also make the club out to have been victims of a series of spivs, ignoring the role of the likes of mccoist and smith in getting them back to this position.

Once Rangers are safely promoted and in a managed admin, the sfa, etc will then tighten the rules to punish the next club this happens to much more harshly.

Rangers will then get back to their old spending ways - cheered on by the media every step of the way.

Rinse and repeat.

Where is they'vebeenrightallalong.net when they're needed. :oldsad:

jamboinglasgow

To reduce sevco's eye watering cash burn they'll enter voluntary admin & cancel selected high earners contracts. Then they'll come out quickly with a more reasonable wage bill.. All this will be well planned/timed...

The clocks ticking re funds & unless Wallace gets loans/investment into them they'll run out of cash pretty soon. Stockbridge said April but how accurate was he with the truth ?.

Hmfc the team for me ...

Thats not good for us though, we need them to still be in admin by the start of next season so they start next season on -25 points and with with a transfer embargo in place. If they are in out and as quickly as possible then they could be out before the start of next season, meaning they have got rid of the high earners, taken the -25 points this season (which means they still win the league) and are free of the high earners, signing slightly more reasonable players. Better for the spivs and partially better for the fans (though they still have spivs in charge.)

Hmfc the team for me ...

I think you're right, however, the way I see it one or two things have not gone according to plan. I think they are flying by the seat of their pants somewhat. Just my observations.

Thats not good for us though, we need them to still be in admin by the start of next season so they start next season on -25 points and with with a transfer embargo in place. If they are in out and as quickly as possible then they could be out before the start of next season, meaning they have got rid of the high earners, taken the -25 points this season (which means they still win the league) and are free of the high earners, signing slightly more reasonable players. Better for the spivs and partially better for the fans (though they still have spivs in charge.)

Even if they did do a pre-pack admin they would still have a registration ban like us probably until Feb 1st so their team would be weakened.

I'm not convinced it definitely will be admin again though unless they already have a substantial creditors list. If they just run out of cash without other creditors already lying in wait I would normally expect someone would be willing to buy the club as a going concern and provide a better return to the owners.

This is unless admin 2 is already the plan which is possible.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic